Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's scored 5 career goals against us in I'm guessing about 15 games, two of which was against our B team.

I mean, it's a good record but we're not exactly talking Drogba and Rooney Vs Arsenal are we?
:lol:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's scored 5 career goals against us in I'm guessing about 15 games, two of which was against our B team.

I mean, it's a good record but we're not exactly talking Drogba and Rooney Vs Arsenal are we?
5 goals in 10 games.

Rooney had 15 in 32 vs Arsenal so kind of like Rooney, albeit a much smaller sample size, but not like Drogba.

roonster09

Scout
Well thought out counter argument as usual.

Name me the players that started for us that night that start with everyone fit.
Reece James, Zouma, Jorginho, Kovacic, CHO, Pulisic. Apart from James everyone played regularly.

Then Tammy and Mount came on after which second goal was scored.

Don’t think that deserved any thought out reply, just laughing emoji is enough for usual nonsense.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Reece James, Zouma, Jorginho, Kovacic, CHO, Pulisic. Apart from James everyone played regularly.

Then Tammy and Mount came on after which second goal was scored.

Don’t think that deserved any thought out reply, just laughing emoji is enough for usual nonsense.
James, Jorginho, one of CHO/Pulisic yes.

Zouma will be behind Rudi in a fully fit side, likewise Kova with Kante.

Even Goldbridge acknowledged it was a scratch side from us.

roonster09

Scout
James, Jorginho, one of CHO/Pulisic yes.

Zouma will be behind Rudi in a fully fit side, likewise Kova with Kante.

Even Goldbridge acknowledged it was a scratch side from us.
Goldbridge acknowledged? What a fecked up argument :lol:

IiRC Zouma played every single game in PL, Why would Zouma be behind Rudiger and not Tamori? Oh because it doesn’t suit the point to make here.

The players I mentioned + Alonso all played regularly in Pl, you should look what B team means.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah it isn't a like for like comparison.

I'll create a different flavoured uproar saying CHO will turn out to be better player than Rashford. :p

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Why would Zouma be behind Rudiger and not Tamori? Oh because it doesn’t the point to make here.
Ever since Tomori won his place against Sheffield United he's played every match. Zouma was dropped when Christensen was available (Vs Wolves, Liverpool and Brighton).

Think it's safe to say he's higher in the pecking order, atleast currently.

roonster09

Scout
Ever since Tomori won his place against Sheffield United he's played every match. Zouma was dropped when Christensen was available (Vs Wolves, Liverpool and Brighton).

Think it's safe to say he's higher in the pecking order, atleast currently.
At least currently he is first choice CB for Chelsea. So much for B team.

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea
If I pointed out that Jorginho has more goals than Dan James this season I'm absolutely certain people would call me out and say "They're all penalties though". If you're comparing goal stats you have to take Pens into account, simple as that, just like its perfectly fair to point out that Rashford plays LW half the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kentonio

TheThingThatShouldNotBe

Supports
Chelsea
Tammy is a better striker than Rashford but the latter is simply the better player/footballer. Then again Rashford himself isn't a striker so I don't even get the comparison.

Most teams would take Rashford over Tammy
A (currently) excellent striker or a decent winger/average striker.

I don’t think it’s so clear cut.

pan pan

Supports
Chelsea
Transfermarkt has Rashford playing 60 games as CF, 43 as LW and 10 as RW.

Difficult to compare to Tammy who plays all his games as CF. Rashford should probably be racking up more assists though.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
A (currently) excellent striker or a decent winger/average striker.

I don’t think it’s so clear cut.
Funny how you're quick to point out that Tammy is currently an exellent striker probably of his current goal output yet you call Rashford an average winger yet his also has currently big numbers playing on the wing.

In case you've forgotten, Rashford is on 8 goals this season already and isn't our CF.

Rashford is simply the better footballer. Tammy being a better striker is actually irrelevant to anything since his comparison with Rashford isn't CF to CF. You've got to compared them in a broad and general sense as footballer and Rashford is the better one.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
The modern day winger can score just as many goals as a striker.

adamwest

Looks very composed in his finishing. Chelsea are looking very good this season it has to be said

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I always forget how obnoxious Chelsea fans can be when they're doing well.
Yeah it isn't a like for like comparison.

I'll create a different flavoured uproar saying CHO will turn out to be better player than Rashford. :p
Hudson-Odoi will probably end up being better than a lot of players, in fairness.

TheThingThatShouldNotBe

Supports
Chelsea
Funny how you're quick to point out that Tammy is currently an exellent striker probably of his current goal output yet you call Rashford an average winger yet his also has currently big numbers playing on the wing.

In case you've forgotten, Rashford is on 8 goals this season already and isn't our CF.

Rashford is simply the better footballer. Tammy being a better striker is actually irrelevant to anything since his comparison with Rashford isn't CF to CF. You've got to compared them in a broad and general sense as footballer and Rashford is the better one.
Why do I need to compare them in a broad sense? If you’re suggesting Rashford is better due to being able to play in multiple positions then I disagree strongly, give me a player that excels in his designated roll over one that can multitask any day.

If you think that Rashford is so good on the wing (relative to others in that position) to be able to clearly claim he’s the better player then I also disagree, but less vehemently.

I’m not sure Abraham could’ve done much more so far this season, he really has been excellent for us. Now I’m not going to say he’s guaranteed to continue at this rate, but I’m not ruling it out. Ultimately it’s too early to make such definite statements either way.

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea
How could anyone think he'd end up in League 1 after he'd already bossed the championship with 2 different clubs? :houllier:

passing-wind

Don't see the need for comparison Abraham's plays in a much more expansive team and to me is a better striker. Rashford is the better inside forward, as Marcus has proved on the field time and time again he's a dreadful number 9. Southgate / Mourinho even highlighted themselves. I'm fairly confident in Lampard's accreditation as a coach that even Lingard if given game time in that Chelsea team would have a good influence. Look at Jorginho last season compared to now, it's almost as if we are talking about two different individuals.

lsd

The Oracle
Has proved me wrong already . I thought he would struggle in the premiership and basically he just wouldn't be good enough at this level .

He clearly is and is still improving as well

RooneyLegend

Exactly. It's harder to score a penalty than it is to socre a tap-in at the back post. Yet one gets singled out almost as if it's some kind of worthless, 'friendly' goal.
Nope, in order to score that tap in you have to evade the defender.

kerryman

Are you kidding, he's part of the reason we are in the state we are in. Too many people think he's the dogs bo@@*x, including Ole, and he's pretty bang average! Tammy has already scored as many goals in 12 games as Rashford has scored in his best ever season. In the league Rashford has only 5 goals (2 of which are penalties). So comparing goals from play Tammy has 10 in 12 games to Rashford's 3 in 11, it's pretty clear who is the better CF. Even Mason Mount has 4 goals from and Christian Pulisic has 5.
People seem so blinkered as to how average Rashford is, just because he came from our academy. We have too many mediocre players who people seem to put on a pedestal and think they are amazing even though when you look closely and check the stats they are nowhere near as good as people think. Rashford is neither a top class CF nor a top class winger.

Renegade

People calling Rashford a winger? His an inside forward and they generally score more goals in the modern game than the CF. How often do we see Rashford bomb it down the wing and deliver a ball inside like a “winger”
Dan James is a winger, Rashford is not.

Fair play to Abraham he seems have benefitted from his loan moves. I wish we loaned out Rashford during the Zlatan season. Or even during Lukaku’s first season. His incredibly talented but been positioned as one of key attackers too early.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
People calling Rashford a winger? His an inside forward and they generally score more goals in the modern game than the CF. How often do we see Rashford bomb it down the wing and deliver a ball inside like a “winger”
Dan James is a winger, Rashford is not.
Rashford's role at Man United seems a lot like Anekla's was for Chelsea. Plenty of games as a centre forward, plenty wide as part of a front 3.

He's not a winger insofar as how I understand the term.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Rashford's role at Man United seems a lot like Anekla's was for Chelsea. Plenty of games as a centre forward, plenty wide as part of a front 3.

He's not a winger insofar as how I understand the term.
This is exactly correct; at times Anelka and Drogba would play close to each other to form a genuine partnership, at times he'd move wide to get on the ball and make outside to in runs towards goal. Rashford and Martial do much the same even when playing together. At the same time though Anelka did win a golden boot when half playing that role, so arguing that an inside forward is at a huge disadvantage in terms of goalscoring is dubious. More recently, Salah has had huge success in this same type of position.

roonster09

Scout
This is exactly correct; at times Anelka and Drogba would play close to each other to form a genuine partnership, at times he'd move wide to get on the ball and make outside to in runs towards goal. Rashford and Martial do much the same even when playing together. At the same time though Anelka did win a golden boot when half playing that role, so arguing that an inside forward is at a huge disadvantage in terms of goalscoring is dubious. More recently, Salah has had huge success in this same type of position.
Not all team plays the player with same roles. Just watch yesterday's game, Rashford was next to De Gea when Brighton attacked, wingers at ManUtd are not just to attack, under Jose there was many times when it was back 6, even Zabaleta commented on that.

Rashford plays nothing like Anelka role and he doesn't even play like wide forward. He plays like winger who cuts in lot of time. Neymar, Ronaldo, Salah are wide forwards, they don't help their FBs by tracking the overlapping FBs. The set up is to concentrate on their attacking abilities.

Son

Are you kidding, he's part of the reason we are in the state we are in. Too many people think he's the dogs bo@@*x, including Ole, and he's pretty bang average! Tammy has already scored as many goals in 12 games as Rashford has scored in his best ever season. In the league Rashford has only 5 goals (2 of which are penalties). So comparing goals from play Tammy has 10 in 12 games to Rashford's 3 in 11, it's pretty clear who is the better CF. Even Mason Mount has 4 goals from and Christian Pulisic has 5.
People seem so blinkered as to how average Rashford is, just because he came from our academy. We have too many mediocre players who people seem to put on a pedestal and think they are amazing even though when you look closely and check the stats they are nowhere near as good as people think. Rashford is neither a top class CF nor a top class winger.
Rashford’s game is a lot more than goals. His skill set and speed is brilliant at times. I agree his finishing needs work but Ronaldo was hardly profilic around the age of 20/22 either. He started scoring goals at the age of 23 often.

Abraham is a better striker but rashford has more ability and will probably turn out to be the better footballer overall. He’s the kind of player that gets you off your seat with his trickery and runs. Wonder goals too from time to time. More to his game all round which I respect. Abraham has more goals than Rooney I assume at the start of a season but to say he’s a better footballer is laughable.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
He’s piss poor isn’t he? Lacks any spark and lacks any real ball control as a back up either
This bloke is horrific, Chelsea should just start with experience up top instead of pandering to academy players. They should play Giroud and Batshuayi
Plus a season at Swansea and some sporadic England caps.

It's pretty obvious he's not good enough for the Prem but he's a good Championship level striker.

No shame in it, can have a very good career banging goals in for fun and winning promotion.
Glad Tammy has shut up his detractors.

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
Don't see the need for comparison Abraham's plays in a much more expansive team and to me is a better striker. Rashford is the better inside forward, as Marcus has proved on the field time and time again he's a dreadful number 9. Southgate / Mourinho even highlighted themselves. I'm fairly confident in Lampard's accreditation as a coach that even Lingard if given game time in that Chelsea team would have a good influence. Look at Jorginho last season compared to now, it's almost as if we are talking about two different individuals.
Also the only inside forward in that comparison.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
I was at the Chelsea match on Saturday. Excellent finish from Abraham but didn't do too much else. For me, bulking up is overrated in football but I think he needs it, didn't seem to be able to hold up the ball or contribute in general play. Mount and Pulisic were standout players.