Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

Perseus

I know opponent's have to be taken into account but in the U23 game Vs Brighton he looked very sharp, so much so at one point I was worrying he was overdoing it and would pull up again.
Tariq Lamptey looked the business in that game, and the 20th century was completely unknown to him. Brighton team was not very strong as their team of the previous U23 season had gone out on loan or were in the first team squad. The standard of the PL2 under 23 league is not very strong.

In Rainbows

Apart from Loftus and Ake we didn't really have any first team quality youth despite winning youth level with the 94-96 group. Kenedy (not academy but youth) got chances that season but was rubbish.

It's only really now serious first team quality players are coming through. For example George McEachran would have been our best youngster behind the two mentioned above in 2015 if his time was then but currently isn't in the top 10.
Isn't that a little harsh on him? He's only just turned 19 so he's younger than most of your other youth players that are ranked above him due to having successful loans. He was just behind CHO for the 2000 generation.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Isn't that a little harsh on him? He's only just turned 19 so he's younger than most of your other youth players that are ranked above him due to having successful loans. He was just behind CHO for the 2000 generation.
It's more how highly I rate the current generation as opposed to any knock against George.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Apart from Loftus and Ake we didn't really have any first team quality youth despite winning youth level with the 94-96 group. Kenedy (not academy but youth) got chances that season but was rubbish.

It's only really now serious first team quality players are coming through. For example George McEachran would have been our best youngster behind the two mentioned above in 2015 if his time was then but currently isn't in the top 10.
Andreas Christensen?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Andreas Christensen?
In that moment I was thinking more of who was about and potentially available to us in 15/16. AC had a locked two year loan while iirc Ake had a January recall option and Loftus was obviously with us that year.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Not getting too excited yet. Obviously isnt as bad as many made out to be, but I remember Morata scoring a hat trick at Stoke and everyone thought that was his breakthrough moment, didn't happen. Took his goals really well but let's see if he can stay consistent throughout the season in the PL and this isnt a hot streak.

Treble

He's scored as many as our front 3 combined. He ain't bad, contrary to what caftards were telling you after that game in August.

Incredible start to the season from 'championship' strikers, the likes of Abraham, Pukki, James...Championship is a quality league.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Better than Rashford and I can say that with confidence this early.

marktan

That third goal was class, did the defender like a prime Torres. The fact that he's got that in his locker gives him a lot of promise.

LVGSdive

Indeed! If they carry on the way they are, I don't see why anyone at the club would want to spunk millions unless its a really, really special player.
Who knew players from one of the most successful academy in the world would be good. Shows how weak previous Chelsea managers have been by not playing them.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
That third goal was class, did the defender like a prime Torres. The fact that he's got that in his locker gives him a lot of promise.
Was like watching Drogba. Poor first touch, holds the defender off, beats with a feint, bangs into bottom corner.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Better than Rashford and I can say that with confidence this early.
No need for early predictions. Both are very different players.
Besides we could have 2 wins and two losses after our next game, so we are not there yet.

saivet

I didn't think he'd be good enough to start for a top 6 team but glad he's doing well and I hope it continues for him.

Met him earlier this year on holiday too and he's a really nice guy.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I am delighted he's coming into form just before playing Liverpool. He has improved drastically from the start of the season, I felt like he only had half of the no 9's qualities against us. His movement and hold up play has always been impressive, but now he's finding the net with a variety of goals. Exciting times for Chelsea.

TsuWave

Read that he’s like 3 goals away from Rashford’s best ever season and we’re still in September :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'll be honest I didn't put too much stock into him scoring against Norwich or Sheffield United given we know he can score against Championship opposition because he did it last season for Villa but a hattrick away to Wolves? Impressive

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'll be honest I didn't put too much stock into him scoring against Norwich or Sheffield United given we know he can score against Championship opposition because he did it last season for Villa but a hattrick away to Wolves? Impressive
I'm more impressed with his all round play.

I knew he had goals in him but while I didn't have him down as the clown some did the level of link up play and technical quality he's shown so far I genuinely thought was beyond his ceiling.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Couldn’t give a feck about him unless he does the right thing and plays for Nigeria.

hubbuh

They're both 22, it's the first time they've both been the indisputable main men at the respective clubs (Rashford sort of sharing that with Martial), surely it's fairer to compare them (if we must) by the current season?

Rashford: 16 games, 8 goals, 3 assists
Abraham: 17 games, 11 goals, 2 assists

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
They're both 22, it's the first time they've both been the indisputable main men at the respective clubs (Rashford sort of sharing that with Martial), surely it's fairer to compare them (if we must) by the current season?

Yeah the comparison should be between Abraham and Martial seeing as Martial is actually our striker, Rashford’s exclusively a winger when Martial’s fit.

I kinda don’t get why they’re comparing it to past seasons either when Rashford looks well on course to beat his current highest season anyway.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah the comparison should be between Abraham and Martial seeing as Martial is actually our striker, Rashford’s exclusively a winger when Martial’s fit.

I kinda don’t get why they’re comparing it to past seasons either when Rashford looks well on course to beat his current highest season anyway.
For years the mere thought of Tammy being compared favorably was universally laughed at.

While i do agree with what you're saying, we were always going to have a bit of fun with this stat.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Suddenly looks like a top class striker his numbers and metrics are outstanding.

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea

Rashford: 3 pens
Abraham: 0 pens

I dont like this comparison though. Different types of players.

Last edited:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Never understood the reasoning behind comparing strikers still playing, the fact is Abraham is playing in a team currently 2nd in the table, Rashford is playing in a team 14th in the table, yet there's not a huge amount between them, three goals in all comps.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Never understood the reasoning behind comparing strikers still playing, the fact is Abraham is playing in a team currently 2nd in the table, Rashford is playing in a team 14th in the table, yet there's not a huge amount between them, three goals in all comps.
10 5 in the league with 3? of rashfords 5 penalties

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Rashford: 3 pens
Abraham: 0 pens

I dont like this comparison though. Different types of players.
10 5 in the league with 3? of rashfords 5 penalties
Chelsea fans pointing out penalties without which Hazard numbers would be on par with average played and Lampard loses close to 60 goals.