Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

Stacks

Could be their new Drogba. And I don't mean because he is of African descent. Another South East Londoner doing bits. Always good to see academy players step up as goal scorers. Good for the country

Fosu-Mens

He's a bit rubbish isn't he? Championship striker ;) Some clueless folk on here. What a character and mental strength.
Got slated for arguing that we should buy him as a replacement for Lukaku...
Even without the goals, his workrate and ability to hold off or bind up two defenders makes him very useful for a team dominant in possession.

BlackShark_80

Could be their new Drogba. And I don't mean because he is of African descent. Another South East Londoner doing bits. Always good to see academy players step up as goal scorers. Good for the country
Maybe, but Abraham for now is more a poacher than Drogba.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Indeed! If they carry on the way they are, I don't see why anyone at the club would want to spunk millions unless its a really, really special player.
Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi still to come back too. Chelsea doing God's work for the national team :lol:

mwake

Supports
Liverpool
Looks really good so far. Like Harry Kane seems to have an instinct with the goal.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Will be interesting to see who scores more goals between him and Martial

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
As much as it might hurt their chances is winning trophies it’s great to see Chelsea finally use the immense amount of talent they have in their youth teams.

R'hllor

The amount of talent and success their youth teams had and not to even look at their way (i know they won shit) is a tragedy. Specially in JMs 2nd stint when things went to shit.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Name and shame :lol:

Utter wank.
He’s a fecking fraud stealing a living.
Donkey. Hasn’t a clue how to make runs off the ball.
Looks rubbish.
I think he’s like Welbeck, does a lot of good work and is a handful but in front of goal you wouldn’t fully trust him.
Too immature to play for Chelsea, should be loaned out again
God save chelsea if this guy is the main striker.
Wank

It’s actually pretty hilarious that he’s been given the #9

Chelsea aren’t going anywhere with him playing upfront.
Opposition fans must be loving it to see Tammy Abraham in the centre forward role. He will break Chelsea's season if he continues in it. Championship striker at best. Even the likes of Ashley Barnes of Burnley is miles ahead of him.
When I saw him at Swansea I never thought he could make it as Premier League striker.

He had that strike against us which hit the spot on Saturday then disappeared for the entire game. His movement was shocking against Liverpool, I think he ran in the way of the player on the ball about 5 times. Then missed the pen trying to roll it down the middle, not what you would expect from a centre forward.
He’s not very good.
He’s piss poor isn’t he? Lacks any spark and lacks any real ball control as a back up either
This bloke is horrific, Chelsea should just start with experience up top instead of pandering to academy players. They should play Giroud and Batshuayi

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The amount of talent and success their youth teams had and not to even look at their way (i know they won shit) is a tragedy. Specially in JMs 2nd stint when things went to shit.
Apart from Loftus and Ake we didn't really have any first team quality youth despite winning youth level with the 94-96 group. Kenedy (not academy but youth) got chances that season but was rubbish.

It's only really now serious first team quality players are coming through. For example George McEachran would have been our best youngster behind the two mentioned above in 2015 if his time was then but currently isn't in the top 10.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I'm his biggest fan on RedCafe so :cool:
If you want a fast attack it wouldn’t be Abraham. Rashford-Sterling-Sancho or Hudson Odoi instead of Rashford when he comes back. I think Abraham is a plan B though because you can hit him long.

No chance Kane gets dropped given he’s scoring so many.
Of course Kane is much better than Abraham but if Kane is out then i would sleep much better with Abraham as his back-up than Rashford or Wilson.

Right now our forwards for the Euros should be Kane, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Hudson-Odoi and Abraham.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Apart from Loftus and Ake we didn't really have any first team quality youth despite winning youth level with the 94-96 group. Kenedy (not academy but youth) got chances that season but was rubbish.

It's only really now serious first team quality players are coming through. For example George McEachran would have been our best youngster behind the two mentioned above in 2015 if his time was then but currently isn't in the top 10.
Yeah, I agree. If Lingard was in your academy you would have binned him a long time ago to a mid-lower prem club and rightfully so.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's just continuing what he was doing for the last 12 months
He was playing for Villa in the championship mate. Doing it regularly in for Chelsea is a very different prospect.

Stacks

He was playing for Villa in the championship mate. Doing it regularly in for Chelsea is a very different prospect.
Yes he was. But if you have strikers instinct, finishing ability, quality supply and enough games, you can still do similar in the higher league. Michael Owen said he had no doubt he would score at senior level because if you know how to get goals, you can do it anywhere. He is already a goalscorer at 21 years of age so his chances are actually quite high. Reminds me of what happened with Defoe

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If he can keep this up it will be good for the National Team as well. Kane will know he has serious competition and can't afford any Euro16 esque shithousery if he wants to keep his place.

Vissy

Really glad he's scoring loads of goals. Still has plenty of time to develop as a player too (though, of course, everyone can develop some aspects of their game no matter what age they are).

MrBrightside1989

The type of striker Man Utd don't have... a goal scorer, a player to nick a goal when times are tough.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Of course Kane is much better than Abraham but if Kane is out then i would sleep much better with Abraham as his back-up than Rashford or Wilson.

Right now our forwards for the Euros should be Kane, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Hudson-Odoi and Abraham.
Think you're forgetting Mason Mount. He's played far better for Chelsea than Calum Hudson-Odoi who has actually been quite underwhelming after the Bayern saga.

Classical Mechanic

I think we need to see how CHO comes back, if he’s still the same player physically.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I think we need to see how CHO comes back, if he’s still the same player physically.
I know opponent's have to be taken into account but in the U23 game Vs Brighton he looked very sharp, so much so at one point I was worrying he was overdoing it and would pull up again.