Tammy Abraham racially abused by... Chelsea fans

E-mal

Wasnt Pogba also racially abused post wolves game this season by our fans on twitter? Correct me if I am wrong. I think people need to be legally charged with serious penalties for this to stop.

Last edited:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The world is full of uneducated people with complete access to social media.

E-mal

The world is full of uneducated people with complete access to social media.
Does the lack of education actually stop an individual to treat his fellow human being with dignity and respect? What sort of education do this guys need to know that racism is not acceptable in the society?

RUCK4444

Wasnt Pogba also racially abused post wolves game this season by our fans on twitter? Correct me if I am wrong. I think people need to be legally child withserious penalties for this to stop.
Wasn’t it Ashley Young before he left?

this is an absolute disgrace by these Chelsea ‘fans’
Twitter and other social media shouldn’t provide the anonymity it does so these idiots can have a voice.

Just like in real life, people should be accountable for their actions online. Make every account directly linked to the person in real life (even if it’s only the police / govt that can make that connection.)

Far too easy for these vile people to give their racist views a public voice.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
:lol: at Twitter, the place for shit talking and abuse
Maybe that's why they implemented phone number verification

Last edited:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Does the lack of education actually stop an individual to treat his fellow human being with dignity and respect? What sort of education do this guys need to know that racism is not acceptable in the society?
On social media they know racism is unacceptable to normal people, that's why they do it.

TheLord

If these guys are from the UK, they need to be punished.
I don’t know if anything substantial can be done if they are outside the UK, or worse still, outside the EU.
Seen that happen far too often with every major club.

RUCK4444

:lol:
Twitter, the place for shit talking and abuse
Maybe that's why they implemented phone number verification
Not sure why this is funny mate.

Every account should be tied to your national insurance number and verified imo.

I have almost no form of social media, in reality it’s not important, to those that believe it is important to them then I’m sure they would be willing to conform to such a measure. Has to be done imo.

Nickelodeon

I would focus on the racial abuse part and not the Chelsea fans bit. It can become quite easy for anyone to be portrayed as a ‘fan’ of any club and use it as a guise to racially abuse someone.

The culprits must be caught and ideally shouldn’t be identified with any club.

Otherwise, it would become quite easy for any deranged ‘fan’ to make a fake profile for any opposition club and racially abuse the player causing a double whammy. Identify the racists and punish them.

izec

If these guys are from the UK, they need to be punished.
I don’t know if anything substantial can be done if they are outside the UK, or worse still, outside the EU.
Seen that happen far too often with every major club.
i would be surprised if they were from the UK. The majority isn't, since it is the internet and top clubs have a large international fanbase. One of them is from Colombia for example if the flag is real and to be believed. People do it on purpose and often don't care about the club, since they don't have to fear any punishment with their fake pictures and accounts.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Wasnt Pogba also racially abused post wolves game this season by our fans on twitter? Correct me if I am wrong. I think people need to be legally child withserious penalties for this to stop.
Think he was but Chelsea is the only premier league club I’ve had racial abuse from in person (and from a large segment of their fans) and thus I will always see their match going fans as more racist than your average premier league club.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I would focus on the racial abuse part and not the Chelsea fans bit. It can become quite easy for anyone to be portrayed as a ‘fan’ of any club and use it as a guise to racially abuse someone.

Otherwise, it would become quite easy for any deranged ‘fan’ to make a fake profile for any opposition club and racially abuse the player causing a double whammy. Identify the racists and punish them.
Totally agree.

These vile pricks have no part of the football community and Chelsea’s name should not be tainted by these neanderthals associating themselves with the club.

Twitter is a cesspit, too, mind. These anonymous trolls use it as the perfect conduit for their bile. It’s not the answer, of course, but I deleted my profile on there ages ago (and Facebook) and now live somewhat blissfully unaware of the constant negativity which is endemic on social media these days.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Also the reason Willian is the most abused player by their fanbase despite being a good player and won silverware

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s never people showing their own identity either.

tbh I’d expect these are probably 10-16year olds who think it’s funny to be abusive. They think trolling / showing off to their mates is the most important thing in the world and want to get praise for it.

you always see accounts like that all over united (and any opposition) ones and they’re trying to wind people up all the time.

the only way this stops is if proper ID identification is required to sign up. They think they won’t get in trouble or caught if they’re using burner accounts so they act as stupid as they like.

TheLord

Apparently not the first time it has happened. Vile club.
I think we are also somewhat at fault. Every time a cretin from Europe, or Africa, or Latin America, or Asia posts a vile social media post, we start taking cheapshots at the club involved. What has the club anything to do with what a scumbag posts anonymously from a foreign country?

I would ask the OP to edit the first post. This can happen with any club with an international fanbase; deriding the club as vile for something they have no control on whatsoever is equally vile, IMO.

Last edited:

dove

Vile club because some idiots from feck knows where post some stupid shit on Twitter? We are a vile club too then, just like every other club.

Drainy

We are 5 bad games away from some of our fan base doing this to our players.

The people doing it are disgusting and should be banned from Twitter and football grounds, however lets not pretend its just Chelsea fans.

RashyForPM

I pity that it always happens to them. No club, even Chelsea despite this unfair reputation should be coined racist for what attention seekers masquerading as fans say on social media. And Abraham too, he’s even come out and said it made his mother cry the first time it happened. Vile people.

Last edited:

izec

We are 5 bad games away from some of our fan base doing this to our players.

The people doing it are disgusting and should be banned from Twitter and football grounds, however lets not pretend its just Chelsea fans.
I am not sure they are even fans. Some might be and others aren't. If you pretend to be a United fan, you will get more attention.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Education as to what is equality and history associated with these sensitive topics. If they are not taught why this is bad, not citing numerous examples backing it, they will keep repeating these antics.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Not sure why this is funny mate.

Every account should be tied to your national insurance number and verified imo.

I have almost no form of social media, in reality it’s not important, to those that believe it is important to them then I’m sure they would be willing to conform to such a measure. Has to be done imo.
I laugh at twitter. Stuffs like these always happen on twitter. It's a joke. It happens on other social media but twitter is where all the shit things happen.
Makes you wonder by don't they use AI to filter out racially abusive remarks or hateful comments. Because it happens gazillions of times on that platform. At this point it's not even surprising anymore. And yes I agree, they do need national id number because the current phone number verification is not doing so well. You could easily use or generate a fake phone number. But if they do that... they'll lose millions of users. Because I'm sure there are accounts that were made specifically for these kind of purposes...

Last edited:

Baneofthegame

I don’t think a minority represent a club, it’s vile and should not be tolerated and I’m sure the majority of Chelsea fans find it abhorrent as well.

Web of Bissaka

Firstly, yeah that's disgusting. Can we just stop doing this racial abuse thing. It's despicable.

That said, are we sure those irritating people are chelsea fans?

Possibly yes, and again few vocal noisy minority doesn't represent the whole fan base.

Fingeredmouse

Think he was but Chelsea is the only premier league club I’ve had racial abuse from in person (and from a large segment of their fans) and thus I will always see their match going fans as more racist than your average premier league club.
Which they absolutely are and have a long history of far right association.

Web of Bissaka

I laugh at twitter. Stuffs like these always happen on twitter. It's a joke. It happens on other social media but twitter is where all the shit things happen.
Makes you wonder by don't they use AI to filter out racially abusive remarks or hateful comments. Because it happens gazillions of times on that platform. At this point it's not even surprising anymore. And yes I agree, they do need national id number because the current phone number verification is not doing so well. You could easily use or generate a fake phone number. But if they do that... they'll lose millions of users. Because I'm sure there are accounts that were made specifically for these kind of purposes...
Ikr (the bolded part), that's suppose to be easy.
Not good for business I suppose.

Oh well, social media grants an easy immediate way to abuse other people (to feel better about themselves) while keeping identity safe. It's pathetic bringing other people down to bring yourself up. Twitter is arguably the easiest of the lot.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I would focus on the club too

they have a responsibility to try to support and protect their own players

they can engage in community education work

they can message their own fans via match day programmes etc

they can encourage other fans to highlight to their own when they are out of line and to come forward to help identify them

beating racism is responsibility to everyone so no measures should be overlooked

sevenxl

I pity that it always happens to them. No club, even the renties despite this unfair reputation should be coined racist for what attention seekers masquerading as fans say on social media. And Abraham too, he’s even come out and said it made his mother cry the first time it happened. Vile people.

They cant be Chelsea fans, that nickname is far too inventive for them.

The world would be a better place without Twitter (and probably Chelsea too).

Falcow

Correct. The people in question in this case (I'm assuming they are British given Chelsea supporters) have received a primary and secondary education, how much more education do you need? Would a master degree sort it out? A PHD perhaps? Education has nothing to do with it. They are scum pure and simple. If you are capable of typing you can obviously read and write and they should be education enough.

If the social media companies were serious about stopping this, they would make it mandatory to use ID when opening an account, just like you do when opening a bank account. That would surely stop the hate on twitter as you could be tracked down immediately and couldn't hide behind fake accounts. But I guess social media companies then couldnt claim to have x amount of million users when half the accounts are bogus.