Television Taskmaster | Season 17 now airing

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I know last season had Mae Martin who sucked the joy out of every episode, but it did feel like a death rattle.

hobbers

I know last season had Mae Martin who sucked the joy out of every episode, but it did feel like a death rattle.
Hopefully there's not another personality vortex this season.

Still think it was health and safety because of Jenny that ruined last season, with all the boring, low energy static tasks.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Its a show heavily reliant on the contestants to make it entertaining. Recruit the wrong people and the show fails. However, it was clear that the tasks last year felt a little tired and Greg himself seemed a bit bored at times with the format, pissing about with the points at times.

hobbers

Tasks were next level of awful last season. Just reading through...

Stand on this spot and turn a wheel. Shell an egg. Stand on this spot and remember a pattern. Stand on this spot and catch a potato in a hat. Unwind a ball of string. Fake something. Invent an imaginary friend. Make a musical instrument and mime a song with it. Do something with a single breath. Leave the caravan after 20 minutes. Make an egg boat. Repurpose an umbrella. Deliver a 1 minute lecture about a year. Strike drums with a bouncy ball.

That's half of the filmed tasks. Rubbish.

nimic

something nice
Scout
How are you finding this season? Been a bit of a let down for me after the 3 stellar previous seasons - don't think the cast are anywhere near as good as the previous ones.
The cast are fine, but the tasks are facing the same challenge as the original. There's too many "here's a thing, now make it funny please comedian" tasks. Also they had an interesting task where it was about making a teenager think you were cool, and then in the end they just had Cardboard Jeremy score it, like what about the teenager? There was also one earlier task where someone did something absurd, and he just went "okay" and moved on. And not in the "I'm highlighting the absurdity of that by just saying okay and moving on" way. Just the "I'm a personality vacuum" way.

That said, at least he does sometimes talk this season.

hobbers

Also they had an interesting task where it was about making a teenager think you were cool, and then in the end they just had Cardboard Jeremy score it, like what about the teenager?
Yeah and there were some genuinely bonkers responses to it. All undermined by not even getting her to give a quick opinion about it. No point to her being there at all.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How are you finding this season? Been a bit of a let down for me after the 3 stellar previous seasons - don't think the cast are anywhere near as good as the previous ones.
Definitely the weakest of the 4 series, but I've still enjoyed it. Bubbah has been a great contestant for me.
I'm not sure how many comedians NZ has left now.

lsd

The Oracle
Thought that was a very good start and really excited for the rest of this series.

Sam and Lucy are totally nuts which bodes well

nimic

something nice
Scout
That was brilliant I thought. Great contestants, and at least so far the tasks are much better than the previous season, where it seemed like they had run out of ideas. No "here's a thing, now make it funny" tasks, and they had room for trickery.

Rooney1987

Yeah I could tell after watch the pre show interviews they did with Alex the cast would be comfortably better then last season (not exactly a hard job I know). Only 1ep but I enjoyed that a lot.

Tyrion

I'm surprised at how negative this place was about last season. A good example of group think imo.

Thought that was a very good start and really excited for the rest of this series.

Sam and Lucy are totally nuts which bodes well
I knew nothing about Sam but after looking into his appearances on Australian TV, I think he'll probably be the funniest.

Yeah enjoyed that.

I always wonder if Lucy is genuinely like that or that good of a writer/actor. It's a bit Pilkington.
She isn't like that on 8 out of 10 cats does countdown so I assume she's exaggerating.

Yeah, that was good. That first team task was ultra awkward huh? :lol:
I honestly don't think any of those three knew the other two. Lucy seemed to have heard of Julian but aside from that, I doubt any of them knew the others names. :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm surprised at how negative this place was about last season. A good example of group think imo.
Yep. I binged the last season just last week and was surprised at the negativity when I read through here. Both at the season in general and Mae Martin specifically, who I didn't think was any worse than some previous try-hards like Richard Herring.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I didn't say this, because agreeing with that tool only makes his head bigger, but Hobs had some good points about last season especially on the location.

Personally I didn't hate it, just was one of the weaker ones for sure.

She isn't like that on 8 out of 10 cats does countdown so I assume she's exaggerating.
She's still ditzy on that, and on that Richardson's show, but not to the same level. I think she's probably a better writer than people know about.

I honestly don't think any of those three knew the other two. Lucy seemed to have heard of Julian but aside from that, I doubt any of them knew the others names. :lol:
She definitely knows who Clarey is, they all do as comedians. He probably had no idea of any of them though (well apart from Perkins) :lol:

lsd

The Oracle
Yep. I binged the last season just last week and was surprised at the negativity when I read through here. Both at the season in general and Mae Martin specifically, who I didn't think was any worse than some previous try-hards like Richard Herring.

They reminded me so much of Richard Herring for the same reason.

It's annoying as I've seen Mae perform live and they are very funny but just approached the show wrongly.

Its one show where it's not about winning or doing things correctly

Tyrion

She definitely knows who Clarey is, they all do as comedians. He probably had no idea of any of them though (well apart from Perkins) :lol:
I dont really judge each season as I normally enjoy them all. Some are better than others definitely.

I think its part of her 'girl from Hull' character. I've seen her play it up in her stand up.

I kinda admire how little he seems to care about this. The exact opposite of most of them. Not sure how much I'll enjoy it as the weeks go on though. :lol:

lsd

The Oracle
I wonder if the team task is the first time they know who else is on the show or at least their team.

I know they film the tasks well in advance and next season's are probably nearly finished as we speak

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I wonder if the team task is the first time they know who else is on the show or at least their team.

I know they film the tasks well in advance and next season's are probably nearly finished as we speak
I'm pretty sure they know who is on the show as they are told strictly not to talk to them about the tasks should they bump in to each other.

The first team task they film (not always the first one shown) is where they find out who is on their team though.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Julian Clary is actually quite funny so far.
Yeah, so funny watching him in the king Arthur task and his prize task was actually so well delivered.

Susan's mischief task was excellent as well.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I've warmed up to Sue Perkins after these first few eps. Wasn't her biggest fan but love her disdain of Alex.

Overall a good cast and funny tasks so far

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
That nickname task from last week must be the worst one ever?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Anyone watching the new Outsiders series on Dave? After that ropey first season is really hit its stride.

First two episodes have had me in stitches.