Teams you would like to see in the World Cup (Back or for the first time)

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Needs to happen.

If South and North America merge, and Asia and Oceania merge, all 4 confederations will have 50-60 national teams.

Of course they'll be wildly different in terms of population sizes, but still, each confederation would have 50-60 national teams. Who do Mexico have more in common with, Colombia or Canada? Who does New Zealand have more in common with Australia or Tonga?

You can still have the Gold Cup and the Copa America, just have them in Year 1 then the Copa Panamerica in Year 2 of the 4 year cycle. Likewise you could have an Oceania Cup, an Arab Nations Cup, etc in Year 1 followed by the Asian Cup in Year 2.

The argument against merging Asia and Oceania and North and South America has always been it's logistically impossible to get all those teams and clubs flying across the the globe. But you can have sub groups before the big ticket events.
I agree it needs to happen but it simply wont. The increase in numbers of teams at the WC in the near future s also another nail in the coffin of Oceania joining Asia. It means NZ will probably qualify 99% of the time which is great for NZ but not really that great for the other Island nations. This debate has been going on for decades here but its pretty much dead as Oceania dont want NZ to leave and FIFA want there to be an Oceania confederation. Its stupid.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ye everyone knows cricket is the priority but India have a pro league nowadays and a lot more general interest in football than ever before so should be progressing the national team

They do hamper themselves by not allowing people of Indian origin to play despite FIFA rules permitting it - I remember Michael Chopra was ready to play for the national team but had to give up British citizenship if he wanted to.
There definitely is passion here. I remember going to India vs USA U-17 WC game, and the stadium was full for that (actually it was for all the games in the entire tournament), and the atmosphere was no less than the most competitive derbies of Europe and South America.

But like you said, we need to allow players of Indian Origin to play. No one is going to give up their British citizenship to play for India, especially as it will most likely mean they'd have trouble getting a visa to play in England

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I was sad when Syria narrowly missed out last time.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Vietnam.

Lived there for a little over a year and they are football crazy. You should see some of the footage/celebrations from regional U21 competitions they've advanced through in the last few years. A world cup would bring the country to a halt.
Interesting looking at the Asian world cup qualifiers, they are currently top halfway through group and ahead of Malaysia, Thailand and UAE so good chance they'll make it to final round if they ever start up again (I presume looking to summer to get the first groups done).

Forgot to mention Syria last time. Would be a huge feel good story with all that has happened and continues to happen in the country. They weren't far off making 2018, took Australia to extra time in the Asian play off and Honduras in final round would've been winnable play off.

Currently 8 points clear of China in their group so they've obviously got a good squad of players.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Jamaica. That was wild when they participated in 98.
I remember them having loads of U.K based players in that, Robbie Earle, Frank Sinclair, Robbie Earle etc.

Seems they're doing the same again to give him a real shot of making it, seems Michail Antonio will declare for them in next few weeks and they also want likes of Kemar Roofe, Max Aarrons, Mason Holgate,Demarai Gray and Ivan Toney!

Even getting in half of them would give them a massive shot of making a world cup again when you add to Leon Bailey who's having a good season in Bundesliga again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ding-Michail-Antonio-Demarai-Gray-Aarons.html

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I remember them having loads of U.K based players in that, Robbie Earle, Frank Sinclair, Robbie Earle etc.

Seems they're doing the same again to give him a real shot of making it, seems Michail Antonio will declare for them in next few weeks and they also want likes of Kemar Roofe, Max Aarrons, Mason Holgate,Demarai Gray and Ivan Toney!

Even getting in half of them would give them a massive shot of making a world cup again when you add to Leon Bailey who's having a good season in Bundesliga again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ding-Michail-Antonio-Demarai-Gray-Aarons.html
I'd definitely watch Jamaica if they could get all of them players, would be a vibrant exciting team.