Teden Mengi - set to sign for Luton

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Link up with Chong, getting the band back together :D

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Another kid with absolutely nothing to show for who got hyped to no ends by this fanbase.

Marwood

Another kid with absolutely nothing to show for who got hyped to no ends by this fanbase.
I don't really remember the fanbase rating Mengi all that much. I doubt most know who he is.

cj_sparky

:lol:

Ole hyped him up after his debut and then went on to compare him to a young defender who captained Ajax at the age of 18.

He's also another youngster who has been riddled with injuries and had no chance to truly develop, we need to look at why those injuries are a recurring theme for many in the academy.

sillwuka

Good luck to him.

Sadly, this will be the case with 99 percent of our Academy graduates. Are we producing enough talent is the question?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Good luck to him.

Sadly, this will be the case with 99 percent of our Academy graduates. Are we producing enough talent is the question?
We are. Our Academy consistently produces plenty of PL level talent. I think most people just don't realize how high the bar is to make it at United.

saivet

Good luck to him. Apparently Luton have gone for him after not being able to sign Tuanzebe.

I think Luton need at least one more CB option as Bell is the weakest link in their back line imo.

tomaldinho1

Probably £1M like the other kids and a 25% sell on fee clause.
Yeah reckon it will be this kind of structure, it's what we want to do really moving forwards - get a web of young kids out there for small fees and then every now and then one will really hit form and we'll get a nice sell on % kicker.

tomaldinho1

Well if they become world beaters then we will be laughing when the 25% becomes £25-40M
I admire the optimism!

I think more likely it should be a lot of smaller deals that add up. It's unlikely Luton will sell a player for £100m but very possible we could get a £5-10m kicker down the line if he does well and then a bigger club goes in for him.