ten Hag presser v S'hampton 1:30pm bst

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Take it you didn't watch the Liverpool match then :houllier: what a weird hill to die on.
It was only half a game he played.
And we did one heck of a lot of defending.

I'm arguing that he can't possibly be considered "key" to what we're doing, having played one half of football so far this season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can we stop the “just as he was finding form” stuff about Martial.

He’s played 45 minutes three games into the season.

Pre-Season is not real, it never has been and never will be. It’s a money spinning, fitness and experimenting endeavour. You cannot take anything from it.
I was going to say. We'd all love him to be central to what we're doing and have a brilliant season, but it's mad to call him key to anything this early.

Drz

4d chess from ETH that will make Cotterill his biggest fan and will write how generous is ETH.
I agree with ETH's approach.
I'm just exhausted with the Cotterill's of this world in all walks of life.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes he’s the same sad deluded twat who stalked him at Ajax’s training ground for weeks and then threw a social media strop because ETH blanked him after the Palace game.
Didn't he push a young kid out of the way who was talking to ETH at the time, just so he could harass our future manager.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Eh? The "th" sound doesn't exist in French so...no.
Fair enough, it depends on where you're from for how it is pronounced. I'm from the North East of England, and my first name is Anthony, which is why to me it is pronounced with the th sound and is a different name to Antony.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Memphis is a good center forward who has excellent link up play, good hold up play, can score goals and at least tries defensively. He's not a good winger. We wouldn't sign him for the wing if he came.
He can't hold the ball to save his life in PL. He hasn't changed at all as a player, he just changed the league.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He can't hold the ball to save his life in PL. He hasn't changed at all as a player, he just changed the league.
He must have changed a bit to get a move to Barcelona!

When he was with us, all he had was the move inside and shoot, which came off about twice, when playing in the Europa.
Or taking free kicks. He joined us as an expert at them, yet caused most carnage to people sitting behind the goal.
That doesn't get you a move to Barcelona, even these days.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He must have changed a bit to get a move to Barcelona!

When he was with us, all he had was the move inside and shoot, which came off about twice, when playing in the Europa.
Or taking free kicks. He joined us as an expert at them, yet caused most carnage to people sitting behind the goal.
That doesn't get you a move to Barcelona, even these days.
There are many players who are nothing special who end up at Barcelona. That's one of many reasons why they are shite these days.

He hardly stood out in what was worst Barca in 20 years.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
compare this talk to ‘“my captain shall always play”

Erik has seen enough

tjb

From those quotes:

1. We will no longer be going for and have not been going for FDJ since we signed Casemiro. He clearly wants them to occupy the same role.
2. Bruno is important to the team. He has always been, but I don't think people appreciate how much he brings as a presser as well. He's a dual threat in attack and I truly believe us controlling games more will lead to him getting back in the groove. Last year he was still one of the best chance creators in the team.
3. He plans to build up the squad and will not be content with us simply bringing through young players like we have been since Fergie came in. I don't think we will be following the theme of simply giving youngsters a chance under him. If any youngsters do break into the first team, it will be as a result of truly being at that level, as should be the case at any top team.
4. It will be interesting how he wants to use the centre forward role moving forward. What type of striker would he like to use? Will he truly require a specific type of striker or can he adapt accordingly in the position? Would he be adaptable to using a faster striker looking to get behind with his runs ( if so, I suspect that Rashford could see himself back in that role).
5. It's very clear that Varane is first choice. He, Casemiro and Bruno seem to be his key players. I suspect neither Rashford or Sancho are 100% starters in his planned xi.