Tennis 2019

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Old man still don't calls it quits. Will apparently play Roland Garros again next year, will also play at Olympics as well! True goose.

saivet

Djokovic just beat Tsitsipas 1 and 2 in under an hour in Paris and apparently Djokovic has been ill this week too.

Federer took him apart in Basel last week too.

For those interested in the tour finals the lineup will be:

1. Nadal
2. Djokovic
3. Federer
4. Medvedev
5. Thiem
6. Tsitsipas
7. Zverev
8. Berrettini or Monfils (needs to win tonight)

Brophs

The One and Only

After Djokovic winning Paris today. Ridiculous, really.

saivet

If Nadal withdraws, RBA will replace him.

Monfils is the second alternate.

Brophs

The One and Only
Anyone watching the Next Gens? Sinner just absolutely rinsed De Minaur in 3 and looked incredible doing it.

saivet

Djokovic has been good but a very poor showing from Berrettini who's made a load of unforced errors. Fully expect him to be the whipping boy of the group.

Bojan11

Not sure why Nadal bothered turning up. Even at 100 percent it’s a tough ask to win. Medvedev struggled with the speed too.

saivet

Not sure why Nadal bothered turning up. Even at 100 percent it’s a tough ask to win. Medvedev struggled with the speed too.
He's a competitive beast and will want to play in the Davis Cup finals too.

Nadal was poor but given he's probably not, 100% there was not much he could do with Zverev serving that well. Medvedev at least won't be able to replicate that serving so hopefully Nadal can get through that match with a win.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
What a great match from Thiem/Novak!

Congrats to Thiem he was sensational!

Jazz

Saw Roger's match today at the O2. Was happy to see him win, but I don't think he can beat Novak.

saivet

Fantastic match from both players.

Federer vs Djokovic is a straight shootout for the other semi final spot.

Jazz

I thought he was gone when he was broken serving for the match. Brilliant stuff from him.
In the past he would have been done. His mental strength in this tournament so far has been impressive.

I hope he keeps it up for the rest of the tournament and into the new season.

wr8_utd

:'(
Did not expect Thiem to take the TB after he dropped serve both the times he'd had a break. Given that Novak hasn't lost a TB since R3 at Wimbledon, it's an extremely impressive feat. Thiem through as group winner and I think there's a good chance this match will be the final as well.
Medvedev looks poor since Paris, Rafa looks unfit and poor, Federer hasn't looked good so far and while I'd not rule him out just turning it on vs Novak, you'd think Novak would prevail.

wr8_utd

In the past he would have been done. His mental strength in this tournament so far has been impressive.

I hope he keeps it up for the rest of the tournament and into the new season.
I honestly don't trust these guys to keep up the form they show in the smaller tournaments and reproduce it at the Slams. I'd be amazed if Federer, Nadal and Djoko didn't take up 3 of the SF spots in Australia.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
I honestly don't trust these guys to keep up the form they show in the smaller tournaments and reproduce it at the Slams. I'd be amazed if Federer, Nadal and Djoko didn't take up 3 of the SF spots in Australia.
Thiem seems to have turned it up a notch after changing coaches earlier this year, I can definitely see him winning a slam next year.

wr8_utd

Rafa about to lose in 3 sets to Medvedev. He's going to go out here without winning a match.
Thiem seems to have turned it up a notch after changing coaches earlier this year, I can definitely see him winning a slam next year.
I like him so I hope so but I don't trust these guys till they do it in a Slam. Medvedev was the only one who has done anything of note in a Slam other than Thiem at the RG.

Mcking

Could see at least one of Medvedev, Thiem, Tsitsipas, and Zverev winning a major next year.

wr8_utd

Wow what a fightback from Rafa. He was 0-4 and BP down. He saved a MP at 1-5 and now he's back at 5-5. Incredible stuff!
This could have been a 6-0 or 6-1 set to Medvedev.
Feels exactly like the final set at the USO between these two where Rafa got really tight at 5-2

wr8_utd

Medvedev was 5-6 and 0-30 down and threw in 3 aces and another huge serve. TB in the third set now.

saivet

Great comeback, though it felt like a bigger bottle job from Medvedev. He was 5-1 up and had a match point.

Nadal's chances of going through are still alive.

Jazz

God almighty what a match! Resilience by Nadal, and epic choke by Medvedev.

Worth it sneaking a look whilst at work:D

wr8_utd

Wow Rafa wins this. This is exactly how the USO final almost went if Rafa hadn't saved that BP at 5-4. Crazy crazy fightback from Rafa!

Brophs

The One and Only
Brutal loss for Medvedev. They were genuinely discussing the idea of Nadal getting bagelled at 0-4 and Medvedev just came asunder. Tbf, Nadal stuck in there, but it's not like he was spraying winners that Medvedev couldn't get a racquet on. As the commentators on Prime said, Medvedev spent far too much time sniding off at his box today. It wasn't a good look and it seemed to distract him.

saivet

Wow Rafa wins this. This is exactly how the USO final almost went if Rafa hadn't saved that BP at 5-4. Crazy crazy fightback from Rafa!
I was thinking at 5-2 about the US Open final but didn't think we'd see the same thing happen (this time with Nadal taking advantage).

saivet

Brutal loss for Medvedev. They were genuinely discussing the idea of Nadal getting bagelled at 0-4 and Medvedev just came asunder. Tbf, Nadal stuck in there, but it's not like he was spraying winners that Medvedev couldn't get a racquet on. As the commentators on Prime said, Medvedev spent far too much time sniding off at his box today. It wasn't a good look and it seemed to distract him.
This is it! He barely even raised his game to be honest, just kept plugging away and Medvedev crumbled. A strength it itself though as most players would have probably gave up.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Rafael did play better at the end, but Medvedev definitely threw it away

Wasnt the best quality game in all honesty

wr8_utd

Rafael did play better at the end, but Medvedev definitely threw it away

Wasnt the best quality game in all honesty
Yeah was pretty average especially if you compare it to what happened last night.
I was thinking at 5-2 about the US Open final but didn't think we'd see the same thing happen (this time with Nadal taking advantage).
I expected him to get it done the second time (just like Rafa, just about, had) but he just completely crumbled. He's on a run of 3 straight losses now. All that momentum from all those wins is disappearing.

Jazz

Still cannot get over that Nadal/Medvedev match. Unbelievable.

saivet

If Tsitsipas beats Zverev in straight sets (currently a set up and a break up) and Zverev beats Medvedev then Nadal will be out even if he beats Tsitsipas in straight sets.

Bojan11

Finally some interesting groups. I know Thiem is qualified. But Fed and Djokovic having to beat each other exciting.

The other group, I believe all four can qualify, correct me if I’m wrong.

saivet

Finally some interesting groups. I know Thiem is qualified. But Fed and Djokovic having to beat each other exciting.

The other group, I believe all four can qualify, correct me if I’m wrong.
Correct.

The order of play will make it interesting. I think it's best that Nadal is the afternoon match. If Nadal wins then Zverev will need to win and if Tsitispas wins then Medvedev will need to win in straight sets.

If the Zverev Medvedev match is first then and Zverev wins the the Nadal - Tsitispas match becomes a dead rubber for both players in the evening.

Jazz

Enjoyable so far. Nice to see Roger playing well.

Still expect Novak to turn it up but at least Roger is giving his all here win or lose.

Jazz

Roger needs to keep serving well.