Tension between Serbia and Kosovo

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Probably a Serbian intimidation tactic or the Serbian president feels the need to distract from something else?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I guarantee nothing significant will happen. Maybe a couple of small border skirmishes but not an invasion.

ShoePolish

It's all kicking off in last year and a half, isn't it?

Don't think this has legs though, there's actual Nato boots in Kosovo.

Revan

Assumptionman
Been a pretty wild week.

1. Some Serbian (most likely directly related to state of Serbia) killed a Kosovan police officer in the North of Kosovo last Sunday.

2. Then a shooting followed between Serbian terrorists and Kosovo police, resulted in at least 3-4 Serbian terrorists killed.

3. The Serbian gang managed to escape to Serbia. It is unclear how many they were but it seems there were 30-90 of them, and the weapons/ammunition that was found is worth over 5 millions Euro.

President of Serbia Vucic might have been in unknown about this or at least is saying that. However, the leader of the Serbian gang, Milo Radoijcic (sanctioned by the US and the UK) was the vice-president of Serbian biggest party in Kosovo, and the de facto the ruler of them. He is essentially the boss of Kosovo north, and has been in hiding for a few years because of a killing of a Serbian opposition leader in Kosovo and some property crime. He is Vucic’s man. One of the terrorists killed was a former bodyguard of Serbian’s director of intelligence, Vulin (who is sanctioned by the US).

Radoijcic wrote an open letter saying that he did everything on his own, so essentially he is taking the fall for this, but based on everything, the state of Serbia was behind this. There is some chance that Russians might be involved on this too (Serbian intelligence’s director Vulin is essentially an open Russian asset).

I think Serbia sending and withdrawing the troops from the border was Vucic’s standard melodrama, and a way of getting calls by Blinken and co., looking like he is collaborative by withdrawing in order to escape the international punishment after this. I do not know how much, if any, consequences will have this on Serbia, but Kosovo got sanctioned by the US and the EU for far less. I might be biased but the 180 degree policy change of US for Balkans, centered over Belgrade was pretty stupid. The policy of appeasement for dictators just never works.

Last edited:

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Might be also testing waters of the UN and US with all the ukraine, karabath and other mini conflicts. Not to invade but to a show of strength for his inner serbia consumption and get away with it

Revan

Assumptionman
Might be also testing waters of the UN and US with all the ukraine, karabath and other mini conflicts. Not to invade but to a show of strength for his inner serbia consumption and get away with it
The weird thing is that for the first time in a long time, the EU and the US were firmly on Serbia’s side when it came to the dialogue with Kosovo (to a large degree cause Kosovo’s PM is an irritating dumb person with a Messiah complex). However, this act does not help Serbia at all in negotiations so my best guess is that Vucic did not authorize the attack on Kosovan police.

Or he is done humoring the US and the EU. They have bet on the wrong person, at best, with Vucic on helm, Serbia is gonna be another Hungary (with Orban), but far more poorer, weaker, with border problems and in bad relations with most of their neighbors.

R'hllor

Been a pretty wild week.

1. Some Serbian (most likely directly related to state of Serbia) killed a Kosovan police officer in the North of Kosovo last Sunday.

2. Then a shooting followed between Serbian terrorists and Kosovo police, resulted in at least 3-4 Serbian terrorists killed.

3. The Serbian gang managed to escape to Serbia. It is unclear how many they were but it seems there were 30-90 of them, and the weapons/ammunition that was found is worth over 5 millions Euro.

President of Serbia Vucic might have been in unknown about this or at least is saying that. However, the leader of the Serbian gang, Milo Radoijcic (sanctioned by the US and the UK) was the vice-president of Serbian biggest party in Kosovo, and the de facto the ruler of them. He is essentially the boss of Kosovo north, and has been in hiding for a few years because of a killing of a Serbian opposition leader in Kosovo and some property crime. He is Vucic’s man. One of the terrorists killed was a former bodyguard of Serbian’s director of intelligence, Vulin (who is sanctioned by the US).

Radoijcic wrote an open letter saying that he did everything on his own, so essentially he is taking the fall for this, but based on everything, the state of Serbia was behind this. There is some chance that Russians might be involved on this too (Serbian intelligence’s director Vulin is essentially an open Russian asset).

I think Serbia sending and withdrawing the troops from the border was Vucic’s standard melodrama, and a way of getting calls by Blinken and co., looking like he is collaborative by withdrawing in order to escape the international punishment after this. I do not know how much, if any, consequences will have this on Serbia, but Kosovo got sanctioned by the US and the EU for far less. I might be biased but the 180 degree policy change of US for Balkans, centered over Belgrade was pretty stupid. The policy of appeasement for dictators just never works.
Naaaaa

Revan

Assumptionman
What part you disagree?

- Radoijcic gang killed a Kosovan police officer. There is video material of that, as it is of Radoijcic himself in the gang and an open letter by him.

- Radoijcic was the leader of Serbs in the North. He is directly implicated in the killing of Oliver Ivanovic and sanctioned by pretty much everyone. He is Vucic’s man in Kosovo.

- The ammunition and the weapons were stored in a Serbian monastery while there was an event there. My best guess is that the hope was that the Kosovan police kill some peligrans while fighting the Serbian gang, and that gives some pretext for Serbia to invade the north of Kosovo.

- There are documents found that directly relate Serbian army to the terrorist gang. There are drone videos of them training in 2 Serbian military complexes. Kosovo police says that they found this material in the monastery, I find it hard to believe. Probably given by the US/UK intelligence services.

- Serbia declared a day of mourning for the killed gangsters. The bodies of them were given honors by local population in Serbia.

- One of the dead terrorists was an ex bodyguard of Serbian director of intelligence, Vulin.

So yes, I am biased. But which part of what I am saying is not true?

R'hllor

What part you disagree?

- Radoijcic gang killed a Kosovan police officer. There is video material of that, as it is of Radoijcic himself in the gang and an open letter by him.

- Radoijcic was the leader of Serbs in the North. He is directly implicated in the killing of Oliver Ivanovic and sanctioned by pretty much everyone. He is Vucic’s man in Kosovo.

- The ammunition and the weapons were stored in a Serbian monastery while there was an event there. My best guess is that the hope was that the Kosovan police kill some peligrans while fighting the Serbian gang, and that gives some pretext for Serbia to invade the north of Kosovo.

- There are documents found that directly relate Serbian army to the terrorist gang. There are drone videos of them training in 2 Serbian military complexes. Kosovo police says that they found this material in the monastery, I find it hard to believe. Probably given by the US/UK intelligence services.

- Serbia declared a day of mourning for the killed gangsters. The bodies of them were given honors by local population in Serbia.

- One of the dead terrorists was an ex bodyguard of Serbian director of intelligence, Vulin.

So yes, I am biased. But which part of what I am saying is not true?
Really cant be bothered going deep in it, dunno why i even replied when i have a dick full of that type of people, specially on Serbian side. Just throwing shit on each others, competing who is gonna be bigger victim, playing with others people life, while regular folk regardless of nationality suffers.

but for example, you pulling that guess out of your arse, good conspiracy set up into victim mode, Serbia cant invade a fecking Lidl let alone North of Kosovo.

Also always found funny use of terrorist term, those 4 feckers are/were Serbian terrorists that some of them got killed execution style, guess others long time ago were called freedom fighters, miss me with that shit.

Revan

Assumptionman
Really cant be bothered going deep in it, dunno why i even replied when i have a dick full of that type of people, specially on Serbian side. Just throwing shit on each others, competing who is gonna be bigger victim, playing with others people life, while regular folk regardless of nationality suffers.

but for example, you pulling that guess out of your arse, good conspiracy set up into victim mode, Serbia cant invade a fecking Lidl let alone North of Kosovo.

Also always found funny use of terrorist term, those 4 feckers are/were Serbian terrorists that some of them got killed execution style, guess others long time ago were called freedom fighters, miss me with that shit.
The US ambassador said that clearly this was not just a gang, and there is organization behind it. There are documents detailing the plan of attacking Kosovo from 37 directions. There is published video evidence of the terrorist gang training in Serbian army polygons. The weapons found are property of Serbian army. Blinken and Biden’s national security advisor called Vucic to back down, not to wish him a happy weekend.

Again, it might be that Vucic was in the unknown and Vulin went rogue on this. I guess we will find out in a few weeks when the investigation finishes. Btw, Prishtina called for an international investigation on this, they are confident that this was not just Radoijcic acting alone.

Freedom fighters for what? There are less than 1000 Albanians left in the North of Kosovo, and the entire region is practically controlled by Belgrade.

Also, what executions? KFOR and EULEX were there monitoring the fight. No one except Vucic, a certified lier, said anything about the executions. Well he said that he will publish proof of that, I’ll bet whatever you want that he won’t publish anything.

Last edited:

Real Name

Probably a Serbian intimidation tactic or the Serbian president feels the need to distract from something else?
Most probably. Whoever believes that guy Radojičić organized it all by himself is incredibly naive.

Kostov

The US ambassador said that clearly this was not just a gang, and there is organization behind it. There are documents detailing the plan of attacking Kosovo from 37 directions. There is published video evidence of the terrorist gang training in Serbian army polygons. The weapons found are property of Serbian army. Blinken and Biden’s national security advisor called Vucic to back down, not to wish him a happy weekend.

Again, it might be that Vucic was in the unknown and Vulin went rogue on this. I guess we will find out in a few weeks when the investigation finishes. Btw, Prishtina called for an international investigation on this, they are confident that this was not just Radoijcic acting alone.

Freedom fighters for what? There are less than 1000 Albanians left in the North of Kosovo, and the entire region is practically controlled by Belgrade.

Also, what executions? KFOR and EULEX were there monitoring the fight. No one except Vucic, a certified lier, said anything about the executions. Well he said that he will publish proof of that, I’ll bet whatever you want that he won’t publish anything.
And since when KFOR and EULEX have any credibility when it comes to giving a fair judgement when Albanians are involved? And that terrorist terms you throw around, wonder what is your take of the 2015 Kumanovo attack and the following funerals that were conducted in Kosovo as some kind of national war heroes? They were also freedom fighters?

Revan

Assumptionman
And since when KFOR and EULEX have any credibility when it comes to giving a fair judgement when Albanians are involved? And that terrorist terms you throw around, wonder what is your take of the 2015 Kumanovo attack and the following funerals that were conducted in Kosovo as some kind of national war heroes? They were also freedom fighters?
The Kumanovo fighters were terrorists and deserved what they got. That idiot Haradinaj giving them state funerals was an utter disgrace and extremely irresponsible. I was very happy that cooler heads prevailed and it did not do anymore damage to the relation between Kosovo and Macedonia. I think after that Kosovo and Macedonia intensified their co-operation so that it does not get repeated.

Based on everything we know, no one in Kosoven government or intelligence had anything to do with that.

Kostov

The Kumanovo fighters were terrorists and deserved what they got. That idiot Haradinaj giving them state funerals was an utter disgrace and extremely irresponsible. I was very happy that cooler heads prevailed and it did not do anymore damage to the relation between Kosovo and Macedonia. I think after that Kosovo and Macedonia intensified their co-operation so that it does not get repeated.

Based on everything we know, no one in Kosoven government or intelligence had anything to do with that.
Wasn't Haradinaj part of the Kosovo's leadership? And it doesn't have to be connected to the Kosoven authorities but did they do anything to investigate or catch the ones that escaped back to Kosovo. I mean no one wants war or hostilities but these double standards and crying wolf from some Albanians are embarrassing to say the least.

Glad you condemn the actions but even you admit that some aspect were embarrassing and to this day nobody has apologized. In the meanwhile Radoijcic is supposedly under arrest.

Revan

Assumptionman
Wasn't Haradinaj part of the Kosovo's leadership? And it doesn't have to be connected to the Kosoven authorities but did they do anything to investigate or catch the ones that escaped back to Kosovo. I mean no one wants war or hostilities but these double standards and crying wolf from some Albanians are embarrassing to say the least.

Glad you condemn the actions but even you admit that some aspect were embarrassing and to this day nobody has apologized. In the meanwhile Radoijcic is supposedly under arrest.
My understanding of what happened:

- No one in Kosovan government was involved on this. There seems that Serbia was directly involved on this. Don’t get fooled by Radoijcic getting arrested and becoming the fall man, no one on his own could have prepared this without support. The only question is if the order came from the very top (Vucic), from Vulin or from rogue elements in the Serbian army/intelligence. Also, do not forget that Radoijcic was not just a private citizen. He was the VP, and de facto leader of the biggest Serbian party in Kosovo, who is under direct control of Vucic. Vucic declared a day of mourning for the dead terrorists, instead of condemning the attack. The party of Radoijcic declared 3 days of mourning. Srbska Republic also, if I am not mistaken, declared a day of mourning. Neither Kosovo, not Albania did anything similar for the Kumanovo terrorists.
- Kosovo’s foreign ministry immediately condemned the case, and gave full support to Macedonian authorities. However, some KLA veteran organizations spouted the usual patriotic nonsense about them being heroes etc.
- A couple of years later where Haradinaj became PM, I believe he gave a lifelong pension to the families of dead terrorists which was rightly condemned by Macedonia.

I think that was a disgrace considering that Macedonia has been a very good neighbor to Kosovo. The good thing is that the terrorist attack did not further destroy the relationship between Macedonia and Kosovo. And correct me if I am wrong, but since Gruevski lost power, the relations between Macedonian and Albanian communities in Macedonia have been at all time high. I genuinely liked that last week, the primary concern of the foreign minister of Macedonia, an ethnic Albanian, was the safety of the 7 Macedonian pelegrins who were near that monastery, instead of giving some Albanian patriotic nonsense.

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman

Radoijcic already released from the joke arrest. Do a terrorist attack, have videos of it, kill a police, get arrested after a week, released in the morning.

That’s Serbia for you.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Is the current Serbia PM still aiming to be the next country to join the EU? I think they are regarded as the furthest forward amongst the group of candidates. I can’t believe this is helping, especially with Kosovo a candidate too.

The Firestarter

Is the current Serbia PM still aiming to be the next country to join the EU? I think they are regarded as the furthest forward amongst the group of candidates. I can’t believe this is helping, especially with Kosovo a candidate too.
I think Ukraine has higher chance than Serbia

Revan

Assumptionman
They are supposed to be in prime position because of France's support, and the US change on foreign policy under Biden's administration.

Saying that, it would be a total joke. They have border problems (not recognizing Kosovo which is recongnized by 22/27 of EU countries), and have been destabilizing Montenegro and Bosna for an eternity. Add to that, Vucic is stronger in Serbia than Orban in Hungary, and virtually no freedom of media. Plus the only country in Europe to not put sanctions in Russia.

At the very least, North Macedonia, Albania and Montenegro should be higher in the list that Serbia. And Serbia should enter the EU in package with Kosovo and Bosna, otherwise the other 2 are screwed forever.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
At the very least, North Macedonia, Albania and Montenegro should be higher in the list that Serbia. And Serbia should enter the EU in package with Kosovo and Bosna, otherwise the other 2 are screwed forever.
There surely must be discussions going on in the background about this. The EU have learnt the hard way from Hungary about the difficulties of having a country obstruct from within. I’d be amazed if they screwed over those other countries to allow Serbia to join.

Edit- I’d love to see Ukraine get membership but I just can’t see it in the next decade unless Russia has a 1990s style collapse and change of leader.