Terror attack in Moscow music hall | Do not post shooting videos or dead bodies

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I think this warrants a separate thread from the war in Ukraine thread. First reports are 40+ killed.

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Won't share here but damn, some crazy footage going around. People up close getting gunned down. I'd be surprised if there aren't more than 12 killed.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
If they linked it to Ukraine, they will have it rough.

Innocent people killed, whoever did it and for whatever reason. fecking cowards

RedDevilQuebecois

Uh oh... Is this a repeat of the 1999 Russian apartments bombing or the emulation of Call of Duty's No Russian scenario, both being false flag ops? :eek:

nimic

something nice
Scout
Could also be spot on. There is precedent, mind.
And yet if there's a school shooting in the US and the right calls it a false flag, we consider it disgraceful. As this is, right up until the moment when there's actually literally any evidence for it. It's not like there haven't been terrorist attacks in Russia that haven't been false flags.

I don't understand why anyone would ever actively seek out that kind of footage, I have to admit. It can't be good for you.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
And yet if there's a school shooting in the US and the right calls it a false flag, we consider it disgraceful. As this is, right up until the moment when there's actually literally any evidence for it. It's not like there haven't been terrorist attacks in Russia that haven't been false flags.
We consider it disgraceful because there hasn't been precedent for it in this country (yet). It's completely conjured up out of thin air.

Russia is a different story.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
The apartment bombings were very likely a false flag attack. There is no similarity between that situation and this one, nor is the political need for an attack there like there was for the apartment bombings. Putin already enjoys overwhelming support in Russia. It's also in bad taste for that guy to jump on that so quickly in such bad faith when videos are still rolling out of people being killed. There's really no logical argument to suggest that this is an FSB job, they simply don't need it.

Pickle85

I don't understand why anyone would ever actively seek out that kind of footage, I have to admit. It can't be good for you.
Has there ever been precedent for this sort of false flag op in the US in recent history though? It's not like Putin doesn't have previous...no surprise at all that peoples minds go there. Awful stuff...thoughts with all affected.

Simbo

That death toll is going to keep rising, hostage situation too which Russia doesn't have a great track record of dealing with effectively. Hope our resident Muscovite(s) are safe.

Interesting that US intelligence forewarned it.

RedDevilQuebecois

Could also be spot on. There is precedent, mind.
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

A number of possibilities currently exist here. It could be a false flag operation, it could be a trio of Ukraine war vets who lost their minds (PTSD), or, worse, it could be some of those former convicts hired by Wagner and then released in the wild after their service period.

edit: Hostage situation now, Jesus. :(

Pickle85

The apartment bombings were very likely a false flag attack. There is no similarity between that situation and this one, nor is the political need for an attack there like there was for the apartment bombings. Putin already enjoys overwhelming support in Russia. It's also in bad taste for that guy to jump on that so quickly in such bad faith when videos are still rolling out of people being killed. There's really no logical argument to suggest that this is an FSB job, they simply don't need it.
Disagree, Putin 'officially' enjoys overwhelming support but it's not like the polls are reliable. I think it's a pretty logical knee jerk speculation.

jrsenior

Agree with this. Sad state of the world when conspiracy theories are the first reaction to awful tragedies.

Pickle85

Agree with this. Sad state of the world when conspiracy theories are the first reaction to awful tragedies.
But, again, there's very real precedent in Russia in living memory. In the US not so much.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Has there ever been precedent for this sort of false flag op in the US in recent history though? It's not like Putin doesn't have previous...no surprise at all that peoples minds go there. Awful stuff...thoughts with all affected.
Nothing off the top of my head, but the CIA has to have done something at some point. If nothing else to frame the Black Panthers or something. Or murdering MLK Jr.

Pickle85

Nothing off the top of my head, but the CIA has to have done something at some point. If nothing else to frame the Black Panthers or something. Or murdering MLK Jr.
Now THAT'S speculative conspiracy!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
More the FBI was a possibility with those two.

Pickle85

More the FBI was a possibility with those two.
The MLK assassination would be a pretty different conversation though, wouldn't it? Taking one, carefully chosen target out vs indiscriminate civilian casualties.

Simbo

Russian media reporting 4 gunmen have escaped the building... Odd that they weren't wearing masks if they were planning to escape.