Terror attack in Vienna??

Zlatattack

Could you not force terrorist-attack planners, ISIS, neo-nazis and pet thieves all into a battle royale on this Island? The survivor gets his or her freedom.

Alternatively set it up as a sort of survival reality show, and see which groups band together to survive. Would get great ratings.
But in the end, there is a giant Borat face projected in the face saying .......naaaat.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I was refering to Australia. Gitmo is a hard sell for me.
It wasn’t done well from the outset in the slightest, but there needs to be a secure place to hold terrorists of all ilk. Guantanamo offers a detailed history from which to learn how to do it better.

It’s not like we’re not going to need such places in the immediate future. We just has to do it better.

Ventura

I don't have the answer about prisons, but my island idea is less a prison, more of an island where they can live freely, thousands of miles from any other civilisation. No airports, no boats, just them and the wildlife. If anyone wants to adopt a terrorist wannabe, they're free to go collect one.

Somewhere like this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_of_the_Seven_Seas it's miles from anywhere.

Edinburgh of the Seven Seas is the main settlement of the island of Tristan da Cunha, in Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, an overseas territory of the United Kingdom, in the South Atlantic Ocean. Locally, it is referred to as The Settlement or The Village.[1] Edinburgh of the Seven Seas is regarded as the most remote permanent settlement on Earth, being 2,173 kilometres (1,350 mi)[2] from the nearest other human settlement, on Saint Helena.

ideal in my opinion. Also just for lolz - no women. They could go on a seperate island.

I'm a muslim and i don't think it's unfair. If you join isis and wage war on where you live, and then don't change your mind properly when in prison - it's best we all part ways. Off to the caliphate in the middle of the atlantic you go.
People actually live there, about 100 souls who love the peace and quiet and who grow their potatoes and catch fish -- immigration is even banned, it's a protected island. And you want to send islamic extremists to "live freely" there, that would have been funny if it wasn't such a sad idea. Poor Tristanians would be destroyed, and the quarterly supply ship would find no survivors.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Wrong question.
Maybe I expressed myself poorly, in which case I’m sorry. English isn’t my first language. What I’m asking is if something happened in Austria that could’ve provoked this (not that anything would excuse it, mind you).

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Maybe I expressed myself poorly, in which case I’m sorry. English isn’t my first language. What I’m asking is if something happened in Austria that could’ve provoked this (not that anything would excuse it, mind you).
I'm not saying these are the provocations you might expect but it's some detail that I suggested before and yet no justification could ever be made based on these for the attack.

Who can say what the motivation can be and while there can never be any justification, hate crime towards Muslims and particularly against Muslim women have risen in Austria.

Reported Islamophobic incidents in Austria rose to 540 last year.
Source - Documentation and Consultancy Centre for Islamophobia and Anti-Muslim Racism

In addition and for all I know there could be other alleged reasons, supposedly there was a link between Austria and the mosque attacks in New Zealand.

Once again, to reiterate for the hard of understanding I do not believe there can ever be any justification for murder, attempted murder, wounding or terrorist attacks.