Terry Venables has passed away

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I was at that semi final against Germany at Old Wembley. 16 years old, face painted with the St. George’s cross. Paint running as tears streamed down my face on the underground ride home. A lifetime memory gifted by one of England’s greatest ever managers. RIP.

MoskvaRed

RIP El Tel.

Felt like another own goal by the FA when they did not give him the opportunity to take that talented England squad to France 98.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Legend

had always kind of hoped that he would get a coaching gig alongside Fergie

didn’t realise he was 80!

May he RIP

Yorke to Cole

A very good coach and I would have been intrigued to have seen England under his stewardship at France 98. Especially with Beckham, Scholes and other young players. He may have taken Gascoigne as well?

He was also a good pundit and spoke well so that everyone could relate to him. A character that never seemed to age.

May he rest in peace.

LInkash

Was the first England manager that I remember and I only really associate him with that team and Euro '96. I just watched some stuff and I had no idea what an accomplished manager he was, winning La Liga and a trophy with Spurs!

Wilt

Sad to hear. Charismatic and a very good coach. Always enjoyed listening to his punditry.

Football has lost one of it’s great characters.

RIP

Lee565

Rip to man that gave me great childhood memories of the summer of 96, it was so typical of the fa to not keep him on because he was not a bland uncontroversial yes man but then went on to replace him with a religious nutter that created poor morale in the English team with his treatment of some players

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Euro 96 was wonderful. Were it not for Dukadam, Venables would have won the European Cup in 1986. RIP.