Gaming Tetris (featuring Weaste)

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
The same with the Tetris, the high score is insane and not physically possible unless it was running on a ZX81.
The top Tetris scores are clearly insane, and not possible playing the game normally.

Does anyone like Tetris? What variations do you play? Can we be friends?

I play a fair amount of tradition NES NTSC but I also mess about with NES PAL now and then.

Tetris Effect Connected had an exclusivity deal with Microsoft that ends this month so a version is supposed to drop for PS4 (and possibly PS5). All you need is the original Tetris Effect to download the free Connected upgrade. I'll be on there when it arrives if anyone fancies a game.

Also does anyone remember when Weaste pretended to know about games and computer stuff and then got the redcafe arcade pulled because he was so crap at games that he accused everyone of cheating and then looked up how to cheat and started posting all the cheats and then still couldn't beat the top scores with all his cheating because he was a complete spoofer who knew feck all about games and was shit at them?

Last edited:

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I watched this vid after watching your Glaston vid. Impressive.
The video in the OP was uploaded earlier today and is just me mucking about with an invisible mode, you probably mean the maxout vid. Yes, that was also a video that damaged Weaste's credibility. Cheers, it was a pretty lofty achievement at the time but that barrier has become a bit of an Everest scramble these days.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The video in the OP was uploaded earlier today and is just me mucking about with an invisible mode, you probably mean the maxout vid. Yes, that was also a video that damaged Weaste's credibility. Cheers, it was a pretty lofty achievement at the time but that barrier has become a bit of an Everest scramble these days.
Ah, fair dos. That original vid sounded intense and sweat-laden.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I don't know who Weaste is but yes I like Tetris and no we can't be friends.

Tetris Connected is very good and I would highly recommend you all go play it right now. My favourite versions are the original GB one and the one on PS3 (forget its name).

SirAF

Ageist
I don't know who Weaste is but yes I like Tetris and no we can't be friends.

Tetris Connected is very good and I would highly recommend you all go play it right now. My favourite versions are the original GB one and the one on PS3 (forget its name).
They say... he is a... legend.

SirAF

Ageist
Is he the one who used to have a rather devilish looking guy as his avatar? I have the image burned into my retina and occasionally wake up in a cold sweat fearing he's come to kill me in my sleep.
Aye :lol:

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Yep it was rolling that reignited my interest in it as a serious competitive game. It has been talked about and experimented with for a while in the Nestris community but only a month ago was it shown to be not just viable but vastly superior to hyper-tapping, once you get the technique down. Cheez is the only player right now who has it cracked to a point where it is reliable, and he's out there alone breaking all the previous records. He was the first to really commit to it and it's taken since before Christmas for it to pay off. Now we're all playing catch up. I refused to hyper-tap out of a love for DAS (standard delayed auto shift play style) and a love for not getting arthritis in my 40s but rolling is too strong to overlook and seems to make far less impact on the joints.

Weaste was a good one all in all but he was also the Walter Mitty of video games.
I'm very good at them, I can beat the arcade R-Type on a single coin for example. You were in your dad's spuds when I first started playing them.
:lol: this guy.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
I remember 2 things about weaste: he once claimed that a professor at MIT said he could be a world-class programmer with the right training. The second was a photo he posted of him in his missus' dress pushing an empty pram.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's well known that Billy Blaggs utilised rolling to shit post as much as humanly possible on the caf