Tevez's dream team

GenZRed

Not a bad team that. I wouldn't have bet against him not naming a single former United player he played with but fair play to him.

Revan

Assumptionman
5 United players (technically 6, but he played with Heinze only for Argentina). Interestingly, nothing from City, not even Aguero (he has Rooney as main striker)

shahzy

So who's the opposition team that's about to be best against Messi and ronaldo

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
A bit surprised Park hasn’t been included as Tevez, Evra and Park were best mates at United.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
5 United players (technically 6, but he played with Heinze only for Argentina). Interestingly, nothing from City, not even Aguero (he has Rooney as main striker)
I count 7

Ronaldo
Rooney
Pogba
Scholes
Heinze
Rio
Evra

Wittmann45

Wait, didn't Tevez play with Chiellini and Kompany (not to mention Vidic)? My opinion on Heinze is not exactly objective but that selection is pretty glaring. If he wanted to pick a CB at international level, maybe he could have picked Demichelis who actually played CB

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think Tevez has said Rooney was his favourite player to play alongside. He loved Scholes, too.

Man, I wish he had stayed in 2009.

lsd

The Oracle
Really surprised he didn't name any City players as i thought he rooted for City over United. Maybe not

Revan

Assumptionman
Wait, didn't Tevez play with Chiellini and Kompany (not to mention Vidic)? My opinion on Heinze is not exactly objective but that selection is pretty glaring. If he wanted to pick a CB at international level, maybe he could have picked Demichelis who actually played CB
Heinze played CB for Argentina (initially with Ayala, and then with Demichelis). I actually think he was pretty good for them.

Spark

Really surprised he didn't name any City players as i thought he rooted for City over United. Maybe not
Think he rooted for loads of money over slightly less loads of money. Not that I can knock him for that in fairness. City being able to afford a PR agency when he joined probably made it seem like he was way happier/preferred City.

Was gutted when he left United.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Pretty sure I've heard before that Tevez was a very popular guy in the dressing room.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I saw something similar a week ago when he took himself out and put Park in.

galwayfa

Tevez was brilliant, an absolute ass hole, but we missed him

Mainoldo

Heinze played CB for Argentina (initially with Ayala, and then with Demichelis). I actually think he was pretty good for them.
He was good for us! I get he wanted to move to Liverpool but Heinze was a beast.

Revan

Assumptionman
He was good for us! I get he wanted to move to Liverpool but Heinze was a beast.
He was good for us, but mostly as LB. Then he started getting often injured, and eventually, Evra got his place.

For Argentina, he mostly played as CB.

Mainoldo

He was good for us, but mostly as LB. Then he started getting often injured, and eventually, Evra got his place.

For Argentina, he mostly played as CB.
Yeah he played the odd game there for us though. I’m sure against AC Milan he was CB.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He won the Champions League and Club World Cup with United and never got close to it with City, makes sense he would have a lot of United players in his team.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ibarra played at Boca and Porto didn't he?

Tevez main beef in the end was with Fergie so surprised they didn't ask him to name a coach for the dream team as that would've been the headline.

Machine Elements

Loved Tevez when he was here and was devastated when we opted against signing him. Getting Berbatov the year before ruined everything in terms of playing style. We were playing the most progressive football in Europe with 4-6-0 in 2007-2008. Ronaldo-Rooney-Tevez trio was a joy to watch. It's a shame both him and Ronaldo left a year later. Tevez was a pressing machine chasing the opponent player like a bulldog. He would've been much more valuable today imo.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
That's a hell of a team TBF. Would've been great to watch with all the players in their prime.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Or Ayala, who was also an Argentinian CB and actually world class.

Caesar2290

Just like Pogba, his issue was with Sir Alex. Even so I'm surprised to see so many United players on his list. Rio and Scholes are definitely a surprise for me.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I think Tevez has said Rooney was his favourite player to play alongside. He loved Scholes, too.

Man, I wish he had stayed in 2009.
It was always obvious when they played together than Tevez was almost in awe of Rooney. It was like Tevez thought Rooney was basically a better version of himself (which to be honest he was at the time), and there were numerous times where Tevez would choose to play the ball to Rooney even when Ronaldo was in a better position

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He should have been a united legend, oh well, wasn’t to be.

stevoc

Loved Tevez when he was here and was devastated when we opted against signing him. Getting Berbatov the year before ruined everything in terms of playing style. We were playing the most progressive football in Europe with 4-6-0 in 2007-2008. Ronaldo-Rooney-Tevez trio was a joy to watch. It's a shame both him and Ronaldo left a year later. Tevez was a pressing machine chasing the opponent player like a bulldog. He would've been much more valuable today imo.
No the club agreed to pay the fee to sign him. But he chose to go to City for twice the fee and wages, which had more than likely been agreed shortly after Abu Dhabi bought City in 2008. Why this myth refuses to die i have no idea.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/5390010/tevez-rejects-united-offer

Ludens the Red

Surprisingly no. I think there was an article a few years back where in his house he still had framed United kits up but none of City. Now with this I think he definitely preferred his time at United. Also had a great relationship with Evra and Park.