The 2024 Carabao Cup Final - Chelsea V Liverpool

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Have Liverpool got injuries? I don’t think anybody’s mentioned it
It's insane how everyone is just buying into the narrative that they're ravaged with injuries and playing youngsters. Chelsea had just as many injuries and our team was younger than theirs.

Liverpool probably deserved to win that, just based on extra time but there's no need to make it out as though it some Herculean effort against all odds. They were the favourites FFS!

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
It's impressive from Klopp. Wenger also started a team of kids against an elite Chelsea team in the LC final years ago

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I'm not sure what the bigger factor is.

Klopp can make a competitive team out of almost nothing.

Or

Chelsea haven't got a single player who can finish.

They would have had 3 by 90 minutes if there was a striker in the team.
Diaz, Gakpo, Konate, Virgil, Robertson, Endo, Gravenberch, Mac Allister, Kelleher. 9 of 11 players who started today are expensive and experienced players. Lets not overreact here.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It's insane how everyone is just buying into the narrative that they're ravaged with injuries and playing youngsters. Chelsea had just as many injuries and our team was younger than theirs.

Liverpool probably deserved to win that, just based on extra time but there's no need to make it out as though it some Herculean effort against all odds. They were the favourites FFS!
I think they mentioned it about 13 times during the game, and just as many in the lead up to it. I’m surprised they didn’t have a minutes silence for all their fallen ahead of the game.

Yet on the other hand you’ve got ten hag just expected to keep winning regardless, with about 9 fit players and no striker. Make it make sense!

erikcred

Like who? Reece James and Silva I guess. But who else that could've made a difference in the game by helping to score one fecking goal? Even against Liverpool's youth team?

mav_9me

Chelsea's extra time performance was a sackable offense by Pochetino

Klopp won it like Fergie won many games, with a hodgepodge of players, kiss etc.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Sure, but I think that's just because your squad is completely shit. Not because you're missing Lampard, Terry and Makelele through injury.
Shitter for sure but younger!

I ain't having "lost against kids" when they were older and the bloke who scored the winner is a 32 year old world record transfer.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
The amount of money they have wasted should be catastrophic for any club.
And a clear case for FFP to relegate them. Same as City but City at least used to billions to assemble the best team in Europe. Chelsea isn't even in the upset half of the EPL. Absolute joke of a team, actually they aren't even a team just a bunch of overpaid individuals.
Liverpool is a proper team. Kudos to Klopp, even I don't like him much considering his history.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am reading comments here and can't believe what i am reading.
Klopp started with expensive team with zero (!!) players younger than 20.
But he won it with kids!! :lol:

Mubs

I know we should hate them, but we need to become them.

Spirit and passion, I'd kill for some of what they've got.

Mmm-Qatarian

Fecking Hell, I'm not sure I've ever seen a squad before that people simultaneously claim is stacked with talent and also made out to be an underdog on such a regular basis.

Klopp's doing really well this season, there's no arguing that, but Christ people are acting like he's turned water into wine by beating this shite Chelsea side with a few key players out.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Then he would be loved here like no other. That's how things work.
Maybe… but you can love managers that are at other clubs. Like Ange at spurs… I think he’s a sound guy. Klopps just a tool… he will still be a tool if he was here but at least he’d be our tool and he might win us some trophies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Chelsea actually started AND finished the game with a team younger than theirs, but the media had pre-agreed their narrative and people are too stupid to form their own opinions, they just let the commentary team tell them what to think.