The 4-Way Draft - QF: Pat vs Tuppet

With players at career peak, who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tuppet

Great article that mate, cheers! It's very hard to get a clear handle on Moreno. This is supposedly a shot of an actual River Plate tactics board from that era:

that has him and Pedernera breaking forward from AM positions with three attacking players positioned ahead of them and five defensive players behind, just like the AMs in a modern 4-3-3 variation.

I will say that it's fascinating immersing yourself reading about this stuff for awhile, but eventually you hit a point where it's fecking head-melting
Its true that its hard to get a handle on old tactical stuff, but if maquina was playing W-M or some variant of it then surely Munoz and Loustau were the outside left/right, which would make Moreno & Pedernera inside forwards. Which is what I guess their position would have been, with one being more playmaker type and another more direct, like Scarone or older Meazza. Moreno specifically scored way too many goals to be a midfielder and was definitely their go to goal threat after Labruna.

Tuppet

Next draft I might just pick Premier League players and save myself the headache :lol:.

Well played @Tuppet . Brilliant team, and good value for the win here.
Cheers Pat ! I found it fascinating reading more about the Maquina stuff ! Man I wish there was some footage.