The 4-Way Draft - QF: Skizzo vs P-Nut

With players at career peak, who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
:lol: yeah cheers @Skizzo. I thought rb would be simple when I first started drafting. It was only once I had a proper look at the available names I noticed I was screwed.

As an aside who would everyone consider Madrids greatest rb?
Chendo, obviously, with Carvajal already being second best, at least for me.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
But that eliminates ever playing players out of position. If a player has the skills etc needed to play in a position you should be able to play them there without the only argument being 'but they've never played there'

It's not just this draft where I have brought this up, I'm sure I mentioned it in one of my first drafts despite it being the opposition manager that fielded the player out of position.

For me you have to look a little deeper into whether or not the player could adjust to it. Fair enough if you don't dig Camacho at RB in this specific game, however just judging players who are out of position based on never playing there is a bit of a copy out when we should be able to go deeper than that.
Agree with this. We want to see creative tactical solutions to different drafting challenges. You obviously don't get a Camacho in his element gracefully bounding up the park when he's on the right. But his dogged defensive game is what separates him from the majority of full-backs and he can deploy that well here based on what we've seen in the past. The problem isn't him on the right, but him on the right in a diamond with the onus to provide the width.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Agree with this. We want to see creative tactical solutions to different drafting challenges. You obviously don't get a Camacho in his element gracefully bounding up the park when he's on the right. But his dogged defensive game is what separates him from the majority of full-backs and he can deploy that well here based on what we've seen in the past. The problem isn't him on the right, but him on the right in a diamond with the onus to provide the width.
I don't know about that. From the little I've seen (like harms video posted) and tried to find on the rare occasions he played on the right, he simply wasn't as good defensively from the right just as most full backs are not as good even defensively when you flip their sides.