The Apprentice 2014

saivet

I think Mark is full of shit. He talks very well but I'm not convinced he's all that.

Still better than most of them, mind.

NinjaFletch

I think Mark is full of shit. He talks very well but I'm not convinced he's all that.

Still better than most of them, mind.
I think he did well with what is clearly the weaker team. Felipe seems ok, Katie seems passable but Daniel and Lauren are/were deadweights and Daniel was pretty much guaranteed to feck the task up because he's no good at anything he obviously couldn't take him to New York because he'd be guaranteed to offend people or something like that, but instead he fecked up the marketing stuff for them instead.

Roisin, Solomon and Bianca are all better candidate than the team Mark had and even James (despite coming across like a wanker) has his moments. Only Sanjay lets them down.

saivet

I think he did well with what is clearly the weaker team. Felipe seems ok, Katie seems passable but Daniel and Lauren are/were deadweights and Daniel was pretty much guaranteed to feck the task up because he's no good at anything he obviously couldn't take him to New York because he'd be guaranteed to offend people or something like that, but instead he fecked up the marketing stuff for them instead.

Roisin, Solomon and Bianca are all better candidate than the team Mark had and even James (despite coming across like a wanker) has his moments. Only Sanjay lets them down.
I don't rate Felipe at all and I'd be shocked if he won.

Agreed on the rest, though Bianca made two brainfarts in the previous two episodes which could have cost her team.

Andy_Cole

think she's shocking. Don't think Sanjay is that bad? Not great mind. Just wines.

NinjaFletch

I don't rate Felipe at all and I'd be shocked if he won.

Agreed on the rest, though Bianca made two brainfarts in the previous two episodes which could have cost her team.
I don't think he's good, I just don't think he's out right bad. Not a potential winner but can at least contribute to tasks without whatever he does fecking up.

think she's shocking. Don't think Sanjay is that bad? Not great mind. Just wines.
Don't know if I just don't like him and if that is why but I don't think Sanjay really knows what he's doing. He spent most of todays episode arguing with Bianca about everything and attempting to change the things about the product that actually won them the task. He's as disruptive as Stephan was.

I'm not sure I really rate Bianca either, just would have her over Katie, Daniel, Lauren or Felipe.

Kag

Lauren was stitched up there. Felipe is one of the most laughably shite candidates we've seen in years. Clearly an intelligent guy but not a businessman. He's gone as soon as he hits the board room, and I'm surprised nobody has cottoned on to that one yet.

Mark behaved like a wanker, again. Roisin the outstanding candidate so far.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Lauren was stitched up there. Felipe is one of the most laughably shite candidates we've seen in years. Clearly an intelligent guy but not a businessman. He's gone as soon as he hits the board room, and I'm surprised nobody has cottoned on to that one yet.

Completely agree with your post. Roisin is one of the calmest, most level-headed candidates I've seen on the show. Just efficiently goes about her business without any whining or desire to point score against others. Seems like a very genuine individual.

Felipe is utterly useless from a business perspective but seems to get by as he doesn't ruffle anyone's feathers (or simply isn't deemed any kind of threat). Dan will come unstuck soon too. I know he PM'ed one task to victory, but on the whole he performs poorly and is unable to back up any of his extravagant claims.

Oggmonster

I think Felipe is awful but he seems to be relatively safe until his team is that low on numbers he has to go in the board room. He's not a controversial personality so doesn't clash with anyone at all, he does a bit to look busy but it never seems to be anything to stick his neck on the lines. For example that Daniel last night did actually do something risky with packaging, Felipe directed an advert. He doesn't seem like a big risk taker at all, even with the whole "Fat Dad" stuff again he just went in the video without contributing anything but also not upsetting anyone. He's the ultimate Yes man really. He's team leader next week judging by the adverts so that's the pressure for him I think.

I don't think Mark is THAT bad myself, he did lie slightly but as they pointed out on You're Fired afterwards most people lie on there it's not just him. It seems people on there took a moral high ground forgetting they all do the same. To his credit he did try balancing the teams and managing it, compare that to Bianca who couldn't communicate at all, she got lucky that their design team did a very good job really.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Mark's a dick for sure but he unlike a lot of the candidates he is actually pretty good. I imagine if you swapped Daniel and Lauren for Roisin or Solomon/Sanjay, the overall result would have been very different. Even that James guy is better than anyone on Mark's team, Katie aside.

NinjaFletch

I think Felipe is awful but he seems to be relatively safe until his team is that low on numbers he has to go in the board room. He's not a controversial personality so doesn't clash with anyone at all, he does a bit to look busy but it never seems to be anything to stick his neck on the lines. For example that Daniel last night did actually do something risky with packaging, Felipe directed an advert. He doesn't seem like a big risk taker at all, even with the whole "Fat Dad" stuff again he just went in the video without contributing anything but also not upsetting anyone. He's the ultimate Yes man really. He's team leader next week judging by the adverts so that's the pressure for him I think.

I don't think Mark is THAT bad myself, he did lie slightly but as they pointed out on You're Fired afterwards most people lie on there it's not just him. It seems people on there took a moral high ground forgetting they all do the same. To his credit he did try balancing the teams and managing it, compare that to Bianca who couldn't communicate at all, she got lucky that their design team did a very good job really.
The problem was he didn't he basically doomed the task with how inept and safe he played it with his branding whilst showing that despite his protestations he can't sell and he definitely isn't creative.

I actually think Team Leading is the one thing Felipe has done well, seemed to delegate roles well and be listened to. Imagine he will go when he comes back into the boardroom though.

Oggmonster

The problem was he didn't he basically doomed the task with how inept and safe he played it with his branding whilst showing that despite his protestations he can't sell and he definitely isn't creative.

I actually think Team Leading is the one thing Felipe has done well, seemed to delegate roles well and be listened to. Imagine he will go when he comes back into the boardroom though.
True the branding wasn't the best but it was probably more of a risk than directing an advert. I'd argue that doing nothing but directing the advert kind of makes you a bit pointless, surely should add something else to the group, to me it just seemed one of them tasks to look busy without doing anything, the advert was dreadful as well. Everything about that group was awful really, they were lucky Lauren does nothing otherwise I'd imagine all of them would be in trouble.

I think he did alright in the first task he was in charge of but there was plenty of shite there so he could get away with it more. I'd suspect he may get shown up this week. EVeryone left is either better than him or more of a personality and he just doesn't stand out a bit. One of that James or Dan will be there at least until Claude comes in just to see them get destroyed by them it'll be too entertaining for the show not to exploit it.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Mark or Roisin for the final, the rest are numpties.

Team Stephen.

Jammydodger7

Anyone but Mark. Complete dickhead.
He really is but he is clearly the best candidate in my opinion, he's good a presentations and he can sell, two the main attribute for this show, I'd imagine he's good at interviews too.

Roisin is the only other candidate that comes close to him so I hope she wins, seen as she's not a cnut.

Ibi Dreams

I don't get why people think Mark is a dickhead. As far as I can tell he's the most competent of them all, talks well and is articulate and collected. He lied to get the PM job, but I don't think he lies about other people. I actually think in the board room he's fairly honest, doesn't seem to have to bullshit nearly as much as the rest about what he did or didn't do.

Jammydodger7

I don't get why people think Mark is a dickhead. As far as I can tell he's the most competent of them all, talks well and is articulate and collected. He lied to get the PM job, but I don't think he lies about other people. I actually think in the board room he's fairly honest, doesn't seem to have to bullshit nearly as much as the rest about what he did or didn't do.
It's because he will always try bring up the faults of everybody in front of Lord Sugar, he rarely says it to their faces during the task, just waits until he gets into the boardroom, does it in a very sly way!

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I don't know how Felipe is still in it, I think he's there purely because he's foreign so they don't want to single him out, he's absolutely useless. Nor the woman who was in charge of Big Dawg, she'd have gone if they lost, can't think of her name.

Don't know how either Daniel or James haven't been punched, pair of cocky pricks.

Mark is clearly the best candidate but he's not good at getting that across, he's also a bit of a bell. Roisin seems like she knows what she's doing but she might be too safe.

The others are complete nothings.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Think Mark Flatters to deceive. Since the beginning, hes always been the one chipping away, always having something to say, wherever the tide goes, but he'd never be the one to make the big big calls, the actual decisions that wins or loses a task. Never. Even in the latest show, other than organising the teams, he didnt make the big calls, he intrusted others, and then criticised them.

Thats not someone id go into business with. Yeah, he can sell and pitch, but so can Daniel (Might not have shown it in the series, but any salesman worth their salt will tell you hes got the personality for it). He shys away too much i feel.

Team James.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Think Mark Flatters to deceive. Since the beginning, hes always been the one chipping away, always having something to say, wherever the tide goes, but he'd never be the one to make the big big calls, the actual decisions that wins or loses a task. Never. Even in the latest show, other than organising the teams, he didnt make the big calls, he intrusted others, and then criticised them.

Thats not someone id go into business with. Yeah, he can sell and pitch, but so can Daniel (Might not have shown it in the series, but any salesman worth their salt will tell you hes got the personality for it). He shys away too much i feel.

Team James.
That might be his strategy though. To chip in and be useful in each task while not actually contributing to the make/break decisions. That's the type of strategy i'd do if I was on the apprentice and wanted to get further into the show.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
James thrown himself under a bus. Actually had a soft spot for him but this is shocking.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
A monotone monobrowed sweaty fat man could've sold them hot tubs. Daniel looks like a bell end for complaining so much, but Mark got the easy ride there. Sales figures boosted by the product more than anything.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
A monotone monobrowed sweaty fat man could've sold them hot tubs. Daniel looks like a bell end for complaining so much, but Mark got the easy ride there. Sales figures boosted by the product more than anything.
Agreed.

James is pretty much a goner.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Maybe sanjay though? He's a bit of a poor mans Marc, and don't I don't really rate Marc.

James bringing in back rosion now. Hits like he wants to get the boot.