The Apprentice 2014

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Sanjay hanging on by the skin of his teeth.

I don't agree with his criticism of Roisin, not everyone can be a loud character she's been quietly efficient

Phil

Surprised it wasn't Sanjay, either with or without James.

Roisin has been one of the strongest people in it too.

tom33

Glad James has gone. He's such a bluffer! He has the personality of a businessman, but without any of the knowledge and nous. Being decisive and 'ballsy' is all well and good, but you have to be making sensible decisions, not just guesses.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Best episode so far I reckon, definitely should have been Sanjay though, even if it was a double firing.

Roisin & Soloman for the final!

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
(Watching on iplayer, a bit behind)

Nick telling Sanjay he's 'nameless'... he looked as if he'd seen a ghost. :lol:

Sanjay will definitely go, he's done nothing all the way through. Found out today that Roisin works(worked?) for my company so have to support her now. Her takedown of James in the boardroom was word perfect, very impressive.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Oooof, guess not then. Was sure he'd fall for the wide-eyed I wuv you m'Lord guff. Probably the right decision then, hoped it would be whining Sanjay though.
Best episode so far I reckon, definitely should have been Sanjay though, even if it was a double firing.

Roisin & Soloman for the final!
They're the only two who speak and act like human beings!

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
fecking finally. About time he's been fired, he is such a twat.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
feck me, they're giving James a proper soapy titwank on You're Fired.
Unbelievable how easily manipulated they were! You don't have to become a twat if you've had a hard upbringing.

Kag

Legendary episode, that. Up there with the Kosher chicken fiasco years back.

Roisin, Katie, Solomon and Mark are well ahead of the other four.

Kag

Great episode. Mark's to lose right now after the deal he landed.
Alan Sugar won't go into business with a guy he thinks is wanker. His edit is set up perfectly to get a good ruining off Claude Littner at the interviews.

Yes, I've watched this programme for far too long!

JP77

Great episode. Mark's to lose right now after the deal he landed.
Deal will mean nothing if he has a shit business plan. Can't remember who it was but a few seasons back I'm sure there was a guy that was the clear favorite but came in with a shit business plan which led to Sugar actually telling him he'd have won had he came in with a better business plan.

Kazi

Deal will mean nothing if he has a shit business plan. Can't remember who it was but a few seasons back I'm sure there was a guy that was the clear favorite but came in with a shit business plan which led to Sugar actually telling him he'd have won had he came in with a better business plan.
I don't think that's true. Ricky Martin was the best candidate a couple years back, had a shit business plan (another recruitment agency, the guy with fine wines plan was better) but Ricky still won it. Then there's that nerdy guy Tom I think his names was, he had a shit business plan to, something to help with back pain, but he won it too based on being the best candidate that year (Susan Ma's year).

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It was a woman, can't remember her name though. Her plan was something to do with a concierge service and was awful, was told as much so she tried to change it at the last minute to summat to do with baking.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I don't think that's true. Ricky Martin was the best candidate a couple years back, had a shit business plan (another recruitment agency, the guy with fine wines plan was better) but Ricky still won it. Then there's that nerdy guy Tom I think his names was, he had a shit business plan to, something to help with back pain, but he won it too based on being the best candidate that year (Susan Ma's year).
It was actually the opposite I believe, of what you said about Tom. He was a very likeable individual, but he constantly ended up on the losing team. If I recall correctly, it was because he was such an amazing inventor of products that Sugar decided to go in to business with him - not his performances on the show.

saivet

Neil Clough?

Kazi

It was actually the opposite I believe, of what you said about Tom. He was a very likeable individual, but he constantly ended up on the losing team. If I recall correctly, it was because he was such an amazing inventor of products that Sugar decided to go in to business with him - not his performances on the show.
Just because he was always on the losing team, doesn't mean he wasn't the best candidate. Can't remember him ever getting called back into the boardroom cause he was always the best performer. Everyone respected him.

Last edited:

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Just because he was always on the losing team, doesn't mean he wasn't the best candidate. Can't remember him ever getting called back into the boardroom cause he was always the best performers. Everyone respected him.
My recollection of him was that he was fairly average throughout the whole process. He was very well respected as you say because he was a genuinely decent guy. I remember the lady he was up against in the final - Helen - won the most tasks in Apprentice history and was by far the best candidate based solely on the tasks, but didn't have the business plan to entice Sugar.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
(Watching on iplayer, a bit behind)

Nick telling Sanjay he's 'nameless'... he looked as if he'd seen a ghost. :lol:

Sanjay will definitely go, he's done nothing all the way through. Found out today that Roisin works(worked?) for my company so have to support her now. Her takedown of James in the boardroom was word perfect, very impressive.
And you didn't smash her back doors in? Shite you.

Just because he was always on the losing team, doesn't mean he wasn't the best candidate. Can't remember him ever getting called back into the boardroom cause he was always the best performers. Everyone respected him.
Could say the same about Felipe, who's a fraud and gonna be found out soon enough.

RedRevongge

The best part of the episode was Daniel throwing a hissy fit when not allowed to sell the hot tubs :lol:. Really hope he and Mark stay in a bit longer because they are hilarious when winding each other up

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
James will look back and watch that and think, why on Earth did I put my neck on the chopping board with such poor decisions when there are at least 3 other people hanging on in there with far less credentials than him. Silly moves cost him dear. Great character though. 2 big losses to the show in 2 weeks. Mark sailing through to the final already it seems, only his business plan can f**k it up for him from here surely...

EDIT - Is this the series with the most amount of weak candidates at this stage? Bianca, Felipe, Sanjay and Solomon have shown so little to deserve staying in it's comical. Felipe and Daniel have both ridden their luck so far. Mark, Katie and Roisin must be laughing to themselves, just sit back, focus on their own tasks and let the others drop themselves in it for the next 5 weeks and coast through.

Last edited:

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Christ I'm struggling to watch this season, it's all so cringeworthy. I watch on iPlayer and just end up fast forwarding half of it.

Did Mark really land that hot tub deal? I mean let's be honest, if Daniel was selling he would have got the same deal. The guy owned a holiday park and was looking to buy 7 hot tubs, it just so happens he spoke to Mark.

So glad James is gone. Utter tool. Can't even be arsed to watch You're Fired because I can't face another 30 mins of him. Sanjay out next, he's just so dull. Mark, Roisin and Katie for the final.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sanjay hanging on by the skin of his teeth.

I don't agree with his criticism of Roisin, not everyone can be a loud character she's been quietly efficient
I dislike when they're criticised for that. Sugar said last night "Solomon you're sitting there all quiet". Well what do you want him to do when the other two are bickering.

Sanjay or Bianca will go next. I still think Felipe is making it through on the success of others.

Oggmonster

I dislike when they're criticised for that. Sugar said last night "Solomon you're sitting there all quiet". Well what do you want him to do when the other two are bickering.

Sanjay or Bianca will go next. I still think Felipe is making it through on the success of others.
I thought the bit about Solomon was more that Sugar was asking him his opinion rather than telling him to speak up (both kind of similar but "speak up" is a bit insulting compared to "What do you think?") He was slightly harsh on Roisin though, the problem is that personalities do get in the way so I'd imagine he does want everyone to speak so he gets an idea of what they're about rather than just sneaking through. There's always 1 who seems to get far every year doing nothing.

I'm surprised James went to be honest, he deserved to go but I'd of thought they would of saved him for Claude. I suppose that he already got pretty embarrassed last night by it all so it couldn't get much worse. HE did have a shocker, whoever got them hot tubs would of won the task, it didn't seem like Mark was a huge factor in it really.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Christ I'm struggling to watch this season, it's all so cringeworthy. I watch on iPlayer and just end up fast forwarding half of it.

Did Mark really land that hot tub deal? I mean let's be honest, if Daniel was selling he would have got the same deal. The guy owned a holiday park and was looking to buy 7 hot tubs, it just so happens he spoke to Mark.

So glad James is gone. Utter tool. Can't even be arsed to watch You're Fired because I can't face another 30 mins of him. Sanjay out next, he's just so dull. Mark, Roisin and Katie for the final.
No way, Daniel would have told him he wouldn't be seen dead in a hot tub, over a megaphone, connected to the fair speaker system.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I'm shocked about James. I thought he seemed to be learning from his mistakes a bit. It's as if him going to New York and helping to win that task went to his already huge head. He just made mistake after mistake and completely blanked his entire team. On top of disregarding everything they were saying and doing what he wanted, he was also very rude, especially to Roisin. I think it was one of the worst performances I've seen. Especially as the other team were there for the taking. The infighting between that lot is unreal.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
He got lucky in my opinion, the guy had a load of properties and bought 7! He was just lucky to cross paths with him.
Maybe, although I wouldn't have been surprised if Daniel had managed to cock the deal up had he been the one selling!

Ibi Dreams

He got lucky in my opinion, the guy had a load of properties and bought 7! He was just lucky to cross paths with him.
Even without that deal they'd have won. Getting to sell the hot tubs was basically the winning ticket, although Mark was still right to push Daniel out of the way as he is much better at selling

Dan

Of course the skeleton was conveniently priced to make them lose the task.:rolleyes: