The audible on-field calls tonight

Chairman Steve

So as this is the first time United have played behind closed doors, we got to hear some on field dialogue exchanged between Utd players, as well as LASK players.

Did anyone pick up anything interesting or even funny? I heard calls of ‘Bruno!’, ‘Igha!’ and I think ‘Jamie!’ for when Daniel James scored.

Rodgerzzz

Hearing Romero organising the defense for a couple of the LASK free kicks was pretty cool.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Hearing Romero organising the defense for a couple of the LASK free kicks was pretty cool.
Yeah and Maguire shouting back ”say something!” when Romero just kept shouting ”hey, hey!” when we were organising the wall.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I heard multiple people scream 'TIME' to Bailly when the ball was coming down to him in our box.

...he then booted it first time out for a throw in. Fred threw his hands up.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Heard Maguire shout "SERGE, SPEAK TO ME!" when they were lining up the wall

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I heard multiple people scream 'TIME' to Bailly when the ball was coming down to him in our box.

Yeah. To be fair you don't know what the hell they mean if everyone is just screaming CALM DOWN at the same time! Sounds like it's time to panic

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Chong shouted “EPSTEIN DIDN‘T KILL HIMSELF“ when he was fouled.

Bit weird I thought, considering the context.

Kostov

I heard Romero say something in spanish when he was organizing the wall, but forgot what it was. I think he was shouting "Más", maybe I am wrong.

Utdstar01

In fairness I thought Bailly was pretty good with the ball tonight but yeah, composure is probably something he can work on.

Utdstar01

I heard Romero say something in spanish when he was organizing the wall, but forgot what it was. I think he was shouting "Más", maybe I am wrong.
Mes? Probably asking them to move more to the left/right.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

It’s bloody hard making yourself heard when on the pitch though. You think when you’re on the touch line that instructions get heard but you’re watching the game, concentrating on where the ball is, where players are. Sounds are blocked out

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
It’s bloody hard making yourself heard when on the pitch though. You think when you’re on the touch line that instructions get heard but you’re watching the game, concentrating on where the ball is, where players are. Sounds are blocked out
I'm not slating the guy, thought he was good overall tonight. I chuckled when it happened, but I have a feeling Fred was one of the ones shouting 'Time' and he was relatively close to to him.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I also heard Greenwood shout 'Chongy' for the pass to the 4th goal.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
The sound of the ball was the thing that shocked me. Sounded a lot heavier than I maybe expected.

mckenic

At one stage in the midst of other conversations/shouting I heard "Go as hard as you can for as long as you can" It sounded like one of the coaches.
Wish I had noted the time on the match clock. I wonder if it was to McT?

Still, very interesting!

Reactions: Sultan

Dante

Average bang
Maguire was desperate for Romero to give him some guidance in English, but Romero seemingly only wanted to point or speak in Spanish. That's not a good dynamic for goalkeeper. Communication is vital and you'd expect a player who's been in England for 5 years to at least pick up a couple of job-relevant sentences.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It really makes it just seem like the same sport you play on the pitches down the park when there's no crowd. For some reason it makes it hit home that it's just some blokes kicking a ball around.

Chairman Steve

If you go to 69:56, I think you can hear Maguire giving Bailly a bollocking about coming out forward too early and missing a tackle, meaning the LASK player had a shot on goal and Maguire had to get across to cover.

Tony Babangida

It really makes it just seem like the same sport you play on the pitches down the park when there's no crowd. For some reason it makes it hit home that it's just some blokes kicking a ball around.
Yeah definitely. Also it made the quality of the play seem even more obvious, I think because I was comparing it to park footy.

dalriada

Maguire was desperate for Romero to give him some guidance in English, but Romero seemingly only wanted to point or speak in Spanish. That's not a good dynamic for goalkeeper. Communication is vital and you'd expect a player who's been in England for 5 years to at least pick up a couple of job-relevant sentences.
From what I've heard on MUTV, Romero speaks decent English, although heavily accented.
I think he was almost certainly speaking to another Spanish speaker.

I'll watch out for it on the MUTV re-broadcast - guess it would have to be Mata, possibly Fernandes, Pereira or Fred.

Seriously doubt if he would just speak entirely in Spanish to another player unless he knew they could understand him, and there's never been an obvious problem in any of the matches I've seen so far when Romero's been in goal.

Charles Miller

Anyone who speaks spanish who can translate?
Cubra la salida "ls". Block(or cover) the exit(ls).
I dont know what this exit ls means.

Hey, no pase entre los jugadores. Hey, you, dont pass through the players(i dont know if he was talking to an United player in this last phrase).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
In fairness I thought Bailly was pretty good with the ball tonight but yeah, composure is probably something he can work on.
While he’s an impulsive tackler, Bailly is extremely composed on the ball.

Art Vandelay

From what I've heard on MUTV, Romero speaks decent English, although heavily accented.
I think he was almost certainly speaking to another Spanish speaker.

I'll watch out for it on the MUTV re-broadcast - guess it would have to be Mata, possibly Fernandes, Pereira or Fred.

Seriously doubt if he would just speak entirely in Spanish to another player unless he knew they could understand him, and there's never been an obvious problem in any of the matches I've seen so far when Romero's been in goal.
Bailly played in Spain so possibly speaks Spanish. Although he seems a bit mental so he might have somehow picked up German while in Spain instead of Spanish.