The best footballing brothers

Red Star One

When there are so many of them that you're forced to go numerical :lol:

They were pretty good:
Arnaldo was a keeper for Napoli, spending over a decade there and serving as their captain
Vittorio was an attacking midfielder with more than 200 games for Juve in Serie A alone (62 goals)
Primo was a utility player, usually playing in defensive roles, with more than 200 games for Lazio
and Lucidio, another keeper, played for Juve and Lazio (amassing more than 500 Serie A games under his belt) as well as getting 9 caps for Italy
what a beautiful story, but the fact the youngest brother was called Primo ('the first' in Italian) and had number V sends me :lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The Bender brothers were tidy for a while

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I missed this post earlier and this is really unusual but also smells of nepotism at this stage :lol: :lol: :lol: the father at charge, imagine the family dynamics
Definitely interesting. But generally seems to work fine, the kids earned their minutes and Pal claims he is even more critical of them than of his other players. Considering that they all earned caps for the (youth) national teams of Germany/Hungary they are not to bad anyway.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Bjarni, Jóhannes Karl, Þórður Guðjónsson and Björn Bergmann Sigurðsson are 4 brothers who all played for the national team. Not the best football wise but I don't know if any other country has had more brothers in one team.

Fitchett

Allan Clarke of Leeds had several brothers who were professionals, as did former city player Clive Allen. Those two were both England internationals.

JarkiJarko

Hoeneß, Rummenigge, Förster, Allofs, Walter

Germany had some iconic footballing brothers.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Andy and Ashley Cole were great. Their brother Carlton was alright but not in the same league.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
The 20+ McGinn brothers. The McPoyles of football. Eyebrow and all

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Their son Ronaldinho also deserves a mention.

speaking of sons - has there ever been a top level game to feature a father and a son on the same pitch? I know there’s talk about LeBron possibly facing his son in the NBA next season, but can’t think of such situation in football. It’s quite difficult technically, but Sterling had his first daughter before turning 18, so in theory - if not for the gender - they could face each other in the same game…
I heard Eidur Gudjonsen and his dad played a game together for the National team

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Ron and Alan Harris
John& Clive Charles
Mark & Clive Chamberlain
Nat & Trevah Chalobah

Jamesh

No one mentioned David & Ian Brightwell for City in the 90s?

KeanoMagicHat

I’d have Charltons over the Laudrups. Jack Charlton is a bit underrated by some, he won Footballer of the Year in 1967 and was in PFA team of the century. Then Bobby is one of the greatest ever.

Michael was magnificent but Bobby > Michael Laudrup and while Brian and Jack can’t be easily compared but probably not much in it.

kaku06

Hang on, how can you forget about Pogba brothers? One is a World Cup winner and other one is world class in other stuff like robbery, blackmailing and there is a third one too.

kaku06

Altintop brothers. Made me believe in witchcraft when I saw the same player playing for two different teams in the same league at the same time. :lol:

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
The Milinkovic Savic bros are not too shabby