The best goal United have scored post-Fergie

Dante

Average bang
I wanted to put a time limit on this question since if we're including 2013, the Van Persie volley from Rooney's pass would probably win. So let's draw a line under the Fergie days.

What's the best goal we've scored from August 2013 onwards?

I think the Bruno goal from Tuesday is in with a shout.

Last edited:

El Zoido

Rashford freekick vs Chelsea last season.

The Mkhitaryan scorpion kick also worth a mention, but can’t win cause it was offside.

Greck

The best goal I've seen since 2013 was a particular goal under LVG following a magnificent passing move from defence where we absolutely tore the opponents apart in all phases of play. It was by far the best team goal. We would then go on to concede the equaliser in only 1 minute and draw or lose the match. Perfect summary of LVG's time

Can't remember the game but if someone can based on my description please do so

el3mel

Mata's goal vs Liverpool.
Valencia s goal vs Everton.
Rooney's free kick vs Man City.
Rooney's free kick vs Stock City.
Di Maria's goal vs Leicester.
Lingard's goal vs Watford.

Too many to count.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Mata v Scousers and Bruno v Brighton stand out to me. There’s loads more though.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Martial against Stoke sticks in my mind. Great team goal, lovely finish.

pacifictheme

I wanted to put a time limit on this question. But if we're including 2013, the Van Persie volley from Rooney's pass would probably win. So let's draw a line under the Fergie days.

What's the best goal we've scored from August 2013 onwards?

I think the Bruno goal from Tuesday is in with a shout.
Is it even better than the evra goal away to bayern because his was v neuer and went in the top corner.

Edit: having rewatched it the evra goal is better. Off the crossbar. Both great though.

God shout whoever said Di Maria v Leicester.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
nice team goal

also probably some of the counters at the end of last season

Lanesy

Greenwood’s second against Bournemouth and Pogba against Swansea worth a mention.

AaronRedDevil

Matic Long range shot against Crystal Palace
Do Maria chip goal
Rooney Half way shot
Martial debut goal
Rashford free kick against Chelsea.

Wittmann45

Evra's goal versus Bayern - amazing technique, great goal, and just so emotional. It is the greatest moment in Moyes' tenure quickly followed by the lowest of the lows

Januzaj's volleyed goal against Sunderland was great as well

Last edited:

Footy van de Geek

Bruno's volley against Brighton was a brilliant team goal involving Matić, Greenwood and Bruno.

We're good at these type of breakaway goals under Ole, hence Counter Attack FC. The goal against Istanbul the other night was another good counter attack goal.

If you give us space, we can kill almost any team. It's when teams sit deep that we come undone.

JuliaScalaR

Supports
noone in particular
The first one that sprang to mind was Evra's volley vs Bayern in the CL knockouts. Such a sweet strike.

Dante

Average bang

Here's the Evra goal a few people have mentioned.

It's brilliant in its own right, but I'm not sure I'd have it above Bruno's. Evra's feels a bit more hit and hope, whereas Bruno feels more placed.

It's very debateable, though.

Valencia Shin Crosses

The best goal I've seen since 2013 was a particular goal under LVG following a magnificent passing move from defence where we absolutely tore the opponents apart in all phases of play. It was by far the best team goal. We would then go on to concede the equaliser in only 1 minute and draw or lose the match. Perfect summary of LVG's time

Martial v Stoke

Greck

Martial v Stoke
Nah, the goal I'm talking of had us concede the equaliser in less than a minute. The Martial vs Stoke was also great. We had a lot of great team goals now that I realise it. Thing is on the odd occasion where LVG's philosophy worked man did we look good.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Nah, the goal I'm talking of had us concede the equaliser in less than a minute. The Martial vs Stoke was also great. We had a lot of great team goals now that I realise it. Thing is on the odd occasion where LVG's philosophy worked man did we look good.
Sounds about right. :lol:

Posh Red

Martial vs Stole?

Edit: reading your post again maybe not actually

Wittmann45

It's brilliant in its own right, but I'm not sure I'd have it above Bruno's. Evra's feels a bit more hit and hope, whereas Bruno feels more placed.

To be honest, I think my feelings for Evra's goal is tied up in the emotion of the game and the situation under Moyes at the time.

Moyes' tenure had very little to cheer for and the expectation was that United would be destroyed in Munich. When Evra's goal went in, it wasn't just the goal, but it was like that one goal washed away all the negativity and defeat the club had faced since Fergie retired. Personally, I don't think I have ever celebrated a goal like I did when Evra scored. That being said, it woke Bayern up and they ended up destroying United but it was a goal wrapped up with lots of emotion for me.

Posh Red

Mata's goal vs Liverpool.
Valencia s goal vs Everton.
Rooney's free kick vs Man City.
Rooney's free kick vs Stock City.
Di Maria's goal vs Leicester.
Lingard's goal vs Watford.

Too many to count.
There is a long version to this story (it involves an exploding car and a Leeds supporting breakdown assistant), but unfortunately I was outside OT going through security when I heard a huge cheer and new I had missed something big. Absolutely gutted when I saw the highlights later that day.

pacifictheme

They are almost identical technique but evra does it against better opposition in the far top corner off the bar against neuer. Really struggling to see any argument to suggest fernandes was a better goal.not sure hit and hope really makes a difference tbh.

Andersonson

Evra's goal versus Bayern - amazing technique, great goal, and just so emotional. It is the greatest moment in Moyes' tenure quickly followed by the lowest of the lows

Januzaj's volleyed goal against Sunderland was great as well
Came here to post the Evra goal. Fantastic strike that

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Mata vs Liverpool is my favourite one. Never get bored watching it since it was against Liverpool and bicycle kick.

RashysTekkers

Has to be Wazza's chip vs West Ham innit. Personally, Martial's goal to seal his hattrick vs Sheffield United last season was unforgettable.

Threesus

For me, it is Rashford's freekick against Chelsea. He was under severe criticism from everyone and think we had just lost 1-0 to Newcastle. He looked like a broken man and the international break did wonders for him. The ball changed directions three times and is one of the best knuckleballs I have ever seen.

I would also nominate his goal against West Ham in the FA cup and his first ever Manchester derby goal. Man, his debut season was magic.

Web of Bissaka

Nice positive thread :) too many great goals to mention, and too much to have to choose one. I can't, so I'll just choose the one I still remember, off the top of my head.

I like the team effort-based goals the most with an exquisite technique to finishing the team play so maybe the latest one fresh in mind - Bruno combo with VDB, Mata and Rashford with Bruno of course finish it with superb technique in a very tight angle, almost impossible goal. Forgot against who and frankly I don't care enough to remember who we're up against in that game.

drmuji

Whether it’s the best goal I don’t know but this was one of my favourites, such a beautiful goal.
Dude! That was on offside goal and it was such poor defending. If we are including such goals then Mkhitaryan Scorpion kick goal should be included too

SER19

Wan Bissaka vs Newcastle deserves a mention. Brilliant build up.

We’ve also had some really quality counter attack goals under solskjaer