The Caf Countdown! - Sign up NOW!

AgainstAllOdds

Drop a PM to Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber. He was very keen last time I read in another thread.

The Physio

So I'm not being given the Wes Brown one? I haven't listened to it yet but I'm fairly sure I corrected myself a couple of seconds after I said city for that one! :mad:

Danny

Hi people,

Anybody fancy 'avin a crack at the Caf Countdown tomorrow night?

Drop me a PM if you do, or pop your name down in the thread!

Steve

I maintain I should be on 9.
Was the one you supposedly got wrong not Wes Brown's United debut though? You said City but it appears to be Leeds United? That was his League debut anyway, not sure if he played against City in a different competitive fixture...

decorativeed

The reason I did it is because I got all of your questions right when I listened to it last week so I thought I'd see if I could do as well when I was being recorded. Turns out I am a smartarse after all!

decorativeed

I could hear fine and they could hear me, but listening to it, you can barely hear what I'm saying. "Ryan Giggs" is almost inaudible at the end.

decorativeed

More like a sad git. Anyone who knows what VDS's squad number was in 2005 must be.
I am a sad git when it comes to that stuff, you've seen my website, haven't you? :lol:

unitedkits.com - the definitive illustrated guide to all the Newton Heath & Manchester United kits since 1878 | Home Page

I must admit that I guessed at who'd scored the promotion-clinching goal in 1975 though and got it right. You got a few easy ones wrong though: Season we were relegated, Jap Stam being the costliest defender, Rooney's goals for example.

gaffs

I am a sad git when it comes to that stuff, you've seen my website, haven't you? :lol:

unitedkits.com - the definitive illustrated guide to all the Newton Heath & Manchester United kits since 1878 | Home Page

I must admit that I guessed at who'd scored the promotion-clinching goal in 1975 though and got it right. You got a few easy ones wrong though: Season we were relegated, Jap Stam being the costliest defender, Rooney's goals for example.
Nice website.

Season relegated i think i got wrong by a year. I though Nesta was the highest (30mil euros) when he moved to Milan, but that was a season or two after Stam signed for United. I added Rooneys 1 England goal to the total.

Oh well.

decorativeed

Yeah, you probably should have been given a point for the Rooney question as it wasn't clearly worded. There's also a debate on whether his goal in the Charity Shield counts as competitive or not.

The Physio

Caf Countdown Leaderboard Latest

So if it ends up a tie will we be playing off? When's the last episode? Prizes??

Also, I re-listened to it and I had thought that I had said "City, no wait Leeds". But it wasn't quite like that in reality!

schiavone1

Would anyone like to volunteer for this weeks Cafe Countdown?

PM me asap!!

B Cantona

Desperate
More than happy with that. Can't believe I struggled for so long to come up with United's last Premier League goalscorer! You don't expect a question like that, took me by surprise