Gaming The Case of The Golden Idol (PC) | Sequel announced for PS, Xbox and Switch

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone else played this? This'll be right up the street of anyone that enjoyed Obra Dinn.

There's basically multiple scenes where someone has been killed and you've got to click around the area/rooms to work out exactly what happened using words and items you've found. I've played about 4 hours so far and I think I'm towards the end, so it's not the longest but it's been really enjoyable. I love games like this.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
That looks fun. It seems they've lifted the concept almost completely from Obra (unless it already existed). Can't be too mad about it though given how stunning that game is. I now wonder if it spawned an entire genre of imitations given how distinctive it was.

It's gone on the wish list, so expect the thread to be bumped in about 30 months from now.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Obra Dinn was ace although I never fully completed it, one particular chapter doubled my brain up and I gave in. This reminds me to go back to it and finish it off.

Will check this out though, love games like this.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finished it. Very enjoyable game. Took me just over 7 hours (using no hints) which is a decent length!

Chairman Steve

Bought it for my Steam Deck over the weekend and really like it so far. It’s like they took Obra Dinn and presented it like old Monkey Island games.

Lot more reading involved to solve puzzles than observations and listening to audio compared to Obra Dinn but that’s fine by me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
In news only for me and me only, a sequel has been announced! It's also going to be on PS and Xbox so maybe it'll get a larger audience.