The centre-forward market...

croadyman

I think so, yeah.

Any legal experts here to tell us whether it's rescindable if for example we agreed to pay more?
Yeah we could do with someone to clear that up, could also be tough to get Vlahovic out of Juve considering that he only moved there back in January so options could be even more limited

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah we could do with someone to clear that up, could also be tough to get Vlahovic out of Juve considering that he only moved there back in January so options could be even more limited
I think dusan is life long juve fan so it might be harder to peel him of juve although childhood affiliations don't mean a lot in today's football so who knows.

mav_9me

DCL with a beautiful skill for the first goal today. If we could somehow get him for 50m£ that would be good. Good link up play no?

JeffFromHK

Maguire + Sancho + 50M for Vlahovic would be great (in my dreams)

he may not be as prolific as Haaland, but Vlahovic got great link up play and he fits well to Ten Hag's system

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
DCL with a beautiful skill for the first goal today. If we could somehow get him for 50m£ that would be good. Good link up play no?
Isn't his injury record a bit concerning?

Cantona_7_

I did not see him mentioned on first 3 page or last 2, suprised noone mention Mitrovic, he is big and strong, can bully defenders and been scoring for fun the last years.

yea he is not A list, but not many avaiable at the moment, I would take a gamble for him then hope someone else turn up the next 3-4 years thats worth to buy

I don't belive in Felix, he flopped in atletico and were clearly overhyped, Vlahovic just signed for Juventus not even a year ago, think he is out of reach, Nkunku is second striker not a real 9 and this Jonathan David I have not seen, but thinking he is overhyped because he is American

Mainoldo

£25m max with his injury record. There was talk that doughnut negotiator of ours had agreed a deal with a premier league CF in the summer. I reckon it was him.

eire-red

Would it be impossible to prise Osimhen from Napoli? They have Raspadori and Simeone so maybe they could be tempted with a big offer. He would be my top priority for our summer window.

If he's not attainable, I guess someone like Shick would be a good option and would likely fit into ETH's style quite nicely. Outside of those two, I don't really know who else would be realistically attainable for us that would actually be a massive upgrade on Martial.

I'm pretty sure he's provided a goal or an assist in every appearance this season under ETH, we just have to keep him fit. Reliability is a huge issue, but if watching the likes of Dalot, Shaw, Rashford, McTominay and seeing their improvement, then I can't see how we couldn't see something similar with the talent Martial has.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yeah. Who wants a striker who scores at least 1 in 2 and is exceptional both technically and at holding the ball up.
Yeah who wants a striker thats going to be 30 and will cost well over 100m and will likely not be as affective as others in the pressing game. Who has a dodgey injury record

CM

I’m convinced we’ll sign Kane in the summer.
If we get top 4 and Spurs don't, it could make sense. Kane will have a year left on his contract and would make an immediate difference to this team.

It would require huge outlay for an older player though and might prevent us from making signings in other areas of need. We won't have another summer of recruitment like last year unfortunately.

NoPace

If we get top 4 and Spurs don't, it could make sense. Kane will have a year left on his contract and would make an immediate difference to this team.

It would require huge outlay for an older player though and might prevent us from making signings in other areas of need. We won't have another summer of recruitment like last year unfortunately.
Yeah, I think it makes more sense to offer Kane a 3 year deal in 2024 on a free even if the last year hurts us, then to pay Spurs let's say 50M to sell him with a year left on his deal. For that 50M and his wages, we could pay some team 65-70M for a striker with many years ahead of him. Scary to risk it on a David, Joao Felix, Calvert-Lewin, Toney, Gouiri or Schick and they don't become a 20 goal striker, but the risk just seems too high to give a direct competitor who doesn't have unlimited money 50M for a player they'd lose for free.

SAF is the GOAT

How much do you think he will cost us ?

Don't think Levy will let him go for less than 70, 80m pounds

And with all due respect - If we gonna pay this kinds of money I'll prefer to bring in a younger players and less injury prone one.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Would it be impossible to prise Osimhen from Napoli? They have Raspadori and Simeone so maybe they could be tempted with a big offer. He would be my top priority for our summer window.

If he's not attainable, I guess someone like Shick would be a good option and would likely fit into ETH's style quite nicely. Outside of those two, I don't really know who else would be realistically attainable for us that would actually be a massive upgrade on Martial.

I'm pretty sure he's provided a goal or an assist in every appearance this season under ETH, we just have to keep him fit. Reliability is a huge issue, but if watching the likes of Dalot, Shaw, Rashford, McTominay and seeing their improvement, then I can't see how we couldn't see something similar with the talent Martial has.
We need to get that Georgian LW from Napoli, he's amazing.

CM

Yeah, I think it makes more sense to offer Kane a 3 year deal in 2024 on a free even if the last year hurts us, then to pay Spurs let's say 50M to sell him with a year left on his deal. For that 50M and his wages, we could pay some team 65-70M for a striker with many years ahead of him. Scary to risk it on a David, Joao Felix, Calvert-Lewin, Toney, Gouiri or Schick and they don't become a 20 goal striker, but the risk just seems too high to give a direct competitor who doesn't have unlimited money 50M for a player they'd lose for free.
It's a difficult decision to make - there are so few proven centre forwards at this point in time that somebody like Kane might be worth the transfer fee, even at 30 years old. It all depends on what Spurs ask for him, or if Kane even wants to leave. If he did go, I suspect it would be closer to the £100m mark than 50.

I'm not sure we'd have the luxury of waiting it out until 2024, either way. We need a striker in the summer no matter what, and I'm not sure Kane would be prepared to wind his contract down to save United the hassle of paying a transfer fee if he did want out.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
How much do you think he will cost us ?

Don't think Levy will let him go for less than 70, 80m pounds

And with all due respect - If we gonna pay this kinds of money I'll prefer to bring in a younger players and less injury prone one.
He’s not injury prone! He’s missed 3 PL games in the last 2.5 years. It’s a myth. This team is lacking a world class striker to compete. We bring in a young future prospect by the time they’re ready Casemiro and Varane need replacing. Sign Kane and a top CM plus Timber to cover CB/RB and we finally have a manager and squad capable of realistically challenging for the first time in a decade.

BootsyCollins

Of the (at least quite) realistic targets Harry Kane would be the absolute best option. He would right away put us up as title contenders.
I cant belive anyone could have their nose in the sky on one of the best players in the league (only behind KDB and, at the moment, Haaland imo)
Plus, him leaving would take Spurs right out of any contest for top 4, maybe even top 6, so thats one competetor less to worry about.

NoPace

It's a difficult decision to make - there are so few proven centre forwards at this point in time that somebody like Kane might be worth the transfer fee, even at 30 years old. It all depends on what Spurs ask for him, or if Kane even wants to leave. If he did go, I suspect it would be closer to the £100m mark than 50.

I'm not sure we'd have the luxury of waiting it out until 2024, either way. We need a striker in the summer no matter what, and I'm not sure Kane would be prepared to wind his contract down to save United the hassle of paying a transfer fee if he did want out.
I could see him going to City for free in 2024 and Haaland leaving after 2 years there to Madrid or Barcelona. Lewandowski and Benzema aren't getting any younger, though who knows if Barca have the money.

FattyFooty

Martial ??
Rashford??
We have been waiting 6-7 years on them to find "good form" if you want 10 goals a season strikers, then sure we have 2 of them.

If you want a 20+ striker. You need to look another place.

FattyFooty

Of the (at least quite) realistic targets Harry Kane would be the absolute best option. He would right away put us up as title contenders.
I cant belive anyone could have their nose in the sky on one of the best players in the league (only behind KDB and, at the moment, Haaland imo)
Plus, him leaving would take Spurs right out of any contest for top 4, maybe even top 6, so thats one competetor less to worry about.
If its possible, then yeah. But is it?

dinostar77

He'll go to bayern then everyone on here will moan we should have signed him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Martial would be fine if he could stay fit. The injury problems have been going on long enough that we can't really rely on him to do that, therefore we need a new striker.

A Martial who is consistently good, has a higher workrate and can stay fit...that's pretty much perfect.

eire-red

We need to get that Georgian LW from Napoli, he's amazing.
Yeah they have such a quality attack with Kvaratskhelia, Raspadori and Osimhen. Kvaratskhelia looks unstoppable when running with the ball.

eire-red

Martial would be fine if he could stay fit. The injury problems have been going on long enough that we can't really rely on him to do that, therefore we need a new striker.

A Martial who is consistently good, has a higher workrate and can stay fit...that's pretty much perfect.
I'm just not sure he'll ever be consistent enough and has that hunger to go and get goals every game. However, Martial through the middle and Rashford from the left makes us a much better team.

But yes, a fit and firing Martial should only be replaced by some real quality in the transfer market.

Strelok

It'd be very difficult imo. Spurs definitely doesn't want him to sign for us. More likely Bayern, Madrid or PSG imo.

The market is just so dire atm. Imo we'll go for Gakpo since ETH reportedly wants him.

IRELANDUNITED

He’s injured far too often, I think that was his first goal in about a year? 50m could be spent better elsewhere

SAF is the GOAT

He’s not injury prone! He’s missed 3 PL games in the last 2.5 years. It’s a myth. This team is lacking a world class striker to compete. We bring in a young future prospect by the time they’re ready Casemiro and Varane need replacing. Sign Kane and a top CM plus Timber to cover CB/RB and we finally have a manager and squad capable of realistically challenging for the first time in a decade.

SeasonInjuryfromuntilDaysGames missed
20/21Ankle InjuryApr 16, 2021Apr 22, 20216 days2
20/21Ankle InjuryJan 29, 2021Feb 5, 20217 days2
20/21Unknown InjuryNov 30, 2020Dec 5, 20205 days1
19/20FitnessMar 9, 2020Apr 1, 202023 days1
19/20Thigh muscle ruptureJan 2, 2020Mar 9, 202067 days14
19/20IllNov 1, 2019Nov 4, 20193 days1
18/19Ligament InjuryApr 10, 2019May 31, 201951 days9
18/19Torn Ankle LigamentJan 14, 2019Feb 23, 201940 days8
18/19Back InjuryJul 4, 2018Jul 6, 20182 days-
17/18Ankle InjuryMar 12, 2018Apr 1, 201820 days2
17/18Knee InjuryNov 6, 2017Nov 14, 20178 days-