The centre-forward market...

croadyman

It has to be Kane or Osimhen and Martial as backup or Martial as the starter but with managed minutes and a really young striker with sky high potential like Hoijlund, Ferguson or possibly Sesko sharing a lot of game time with him similar to what Alvarez does at City.
Second one starting to look on the cards

keithsingleton

It has to be Kane or Osimhen and Martial as backup or Martial as the starter but with managed minutes and a really young striker with sky high potential like Hoijlund, Ferguson or possibly Sesko sharing a lot of game time with him similar to what Alvarez does at City.
Think I’d sell Martial as he’s never really fitted in with the club truth be known. Osimhen my chosen choice if I had one. However, if we want to piss the scousers off then Kane, they can’t stand the diving fcuker. :D

croadyman

Think I’d sell Martial as he’s never really fitted in with the club truth be known. Osimhen my chosen choice if I had one. However, if we want to piss the scousers off then Kane, they can’t stand the diving fcuker. :D
No hope of Osimhen if leeches dig in further

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
His sources are one-sided and are written entirely from the perspective of the player and his agent. He exclusively confirmed Cucurella was set to sign for Manchester City (he didn’t and was never close), that we’d accepted an offer for Caicedo in January (we hadn’t), and is constantly citing transfer values he has no possible way of knowing.

For example the other day he said Brighton are expecting £50-60m for Mac Allister, but that talks hadn't started yet. There is so much wrong with this.

First of all, the club never tells other clubs or agents what their asking price is. Paul Barber has outlined this numerous times in interviews and fan forums. They simply reject offers until they get an acceptable one according to their own valuation of the player’s worth to the club.

Examples include Ben White (rejected £30m from Leeds, sold to Arsenal for £50m), Marc Cucurella (rejected £35m from Manchester City, sold to Chelsea for £63m) and Caicedo (rejected £70m from Arsenal… selling price TBC, but it will be at least equal and likely more).

He embellishes and outright makes up details he has no information on, based on his brief from agents about the message they want made public.

He is like a psychic doing a warm read; he has some information but not all, and uses common sense to fill gaps by making obvious estimates on things like transfer values. Psychics have “hits” for good guesses and “misses” for bad ones.

Romano’s, Law’s and Ornstein’s miss to hit ratio is absolutely shocking, because they only ever have part of the picture and the clubs themselves aren’t talking.
Last two posts on Romano are spot on. Not to mention the sheer volume of content he puts out, means most people forget the nonsense he said previously and can distract them with a "here we go". I do think he's almost backed himself into a corner and has to do it now, but still.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Last two posts on Romano are spot on. Not to mention the sheer volume of content he puts out, means most people forget the nonsense he said previously and can distract them with a "here we go". I do think he's almost backed himself into a corner and has to do it now, but still.
Precisely. Bury the misses, repeat the hits; anyone would do the same in his position, it’s all part of the “game”. He is a source in the sense that if he posts, it’s from an agent looking for a move for their client - but that’s as far as it goes. The clubs still have a big say even in this agent-driven age of football; when it comes to Brighton at least, I don’t remember Romano ever once actually being right.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
RKM about to face a good opponent in Dortmund on Sky Sports now.

DaMan

How about Valentin Castellanos? After his quadruple against Real yesterday, he will surely be of interest by many.

userman

Enes Unal anyone? Seems to be performing well for Getafe the last two seasons, playing a big part in keeping them in La Liga. Perhaps better suited as a backup CF but looks like an interesting player.

Bojan Djordjic

If we can't pull off Osimhen, I think Balogun might be a good left-field choice. Arsenal won't be able to retain him next season if he's not going to be getting game time and I don't think he'd cost too much. Alternatively Nketiah. Whichever one ends up frozen out by Arsenal. Both look to have very good striker instincts.

NoPace

Enes Unal anyone? Seems to be performing well for Getafe the last two seasons, playing a big part in keeping them in La Liga. Perhaps better suited as a backup CF but looks like an interesting player.
https://fbref.com/en/players/f8eca1b6/Enes-Unal

hideous stats, never scores for Turkey, though 29 in 68 in La Liga for a not very good team is the kind of thing that suggests he could be a useful backup here.

userman

https://fbref.com/en/players/f8eca1b6/Enes-Unal

hideous stats, never scores for Turkey, though 29 in 68 in La Liga for a not very good team is the kind of thing that suggests he could be a useful backup here.
Yeah I’ve seen the stats and they are not looking good.. I love stats but at the same time stats don’t necessarily show the whole picture/context, which in this case is a player playing for one of the poorest teams that has the lowest possession and by far plays the most long balls in their league (surely impacts a players individual stats).
Re. his Turkey-stats I agree butt I’m not putting to much into his 4.7 matches of international football (zero goals two assist) since it is a very limited sample size.

Yeah he’s obviously not the elite striker we need, but perhaps he could be a decent shout as backup if/when Martial leaves.

Gonna watch Getafe-Celta tomorrow out of curiosity. That’s a first.

croadyman

Priority order for striker right now looks to be

Kane
Osimhen
Kolo-Muani
Abraham

bosskeano

Priority order for striker right now looks to be

Kane
Osimhen
Kolo-Muani
Abraham
seems like EtH really rates Kolo-Muani as a legit alternative to Kane....price would be significantly cheaper and negotiations would be a hell of a lot easier

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
seems like EtH really rates Kolo-Muani as a legit alternative to Kane....price would be significantly cheaper and negotiations would be a hell of a lot easier
Nased by the rumours, Muani would be more expensive.
I hope we wil stay away from him. We need proven no9.

Jeffthered

Both Spurs and United were scouting him this weekend

Sounds crazy to some, but I wouldn't be so mad at this, if we did not get Kane or Osihmen. Tammy runs the line and works his socks off, and he scores a few. He is a better, more experienced, mature and responsible player now, and he may feel he has something to prove in the Premeirship.

He's better, far, far, far more effective, than Sancho, Martial, Antony etc.

bosskeano

But he's going to cost at least 80m which he isn't worth at all.
if he's going to cost 80m as you suggest....paying another 20 odd million for the other two guys is much more logical

Kane and osimhen are proven though with CL experience.
agreed....age and price is an issue for Kane and i think Osimhen is actually a better fit to the way we play under EtH

Von Mistelroum

I'd be gutted if we bought Abraham. Even in the slow league he's in now he looks average at best whenever I see him.

Ideally for me I'd be looking at Osimhen or Ferguson but I don't think they are likely. I would be happy with Hojlund as a more realistic option. Kane is a top class player and he would make a huge difference but his age worries me.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I wish Ivan Toney was available. Would have been a very safe option. Feel like every other striker just carries a big risk with their over priced price tag

JuriM

I wish Ivan Toney was available. Would have been a very safe option. Feel like every other striker just carries a big risk with their over priced price tag
What you mean by "being available" every team and their uncle knows how badly we are in a need of a proper striker this coming transfer window and everyone is trying to rinse as much as possible. Better go for the "premium option" and pay a few mils more and get a option everyone in wanting and that should be less risky than to take a wild guess on someone somewhat cheaper.

jamesjimmybyrondean

What you mean by "being available" every team and their uncle knows how badly we are in a need of a proper striker this coming transfer window and everyone is trying to rinse as much as possible. Better go for the "premium option" and pay a few mils more and get a option everyone in wanting and that should be less risky than to take a wild guess on someone somewhat cheaper.
Toney is not a wild guess and falls under being less risky considering he's 'pl proven'.

croadyman

if he's going to cost 80m as you suggest....paying another 20 odd million for the other two guys is much more logical

agreed....age and price is an issue for Kane and i think Osimhen is actually a better fit to the way we play under EtH
Now you see someone in the Kane thread feels that he's a better fit for Erik's system so who knows which of the two suits us better

croadyman

Are you referring to Kane/Osimhen as premium

croadyman

Wonder who his alternative to Osimhen would be

croadyman

seems like the main three mentioned are those....could be the youngester though Hojlund or maybe Lautoro Martinez

i thknk Osimhen is honestly the best choice
Gut feeling is that Kane is top choice and I know many (including yourself) won't agree with that

Mr Smith

Still think we should sign Ivan Toney, and to hell with the potential ban. It'll mean we get him cheap, and losing him for a couple of months when Rashford can cover is far outweighed by the value for money we can get. I'm convinced he's the best option.

croadyman

Still think we should sign Ivan Toney, and to hell with the potential ban. It'll mean we get him cheap, and losing him for a couple of months when Rashford can cover is far outweighed by the value for money we can get. I'm convinced he's the best option.
Doesn't it tell you how concerned clubs interested in signing him are when the rumours stopped when this news broke

bosskeano

Gut feeling is that Kane is top choice and I know many (including yourself) won't agree with that
sadly i think you might be right and i don't agree with it simply from a standpoint of age, salary and paying a lot of money to a fellow prem side for them to invest into their total squad. Yes, taking Kane would put a huge hole in their team but who knows they may actually invest properly

Kane is so much more of a false 9 right now and outside of rashford, our lack of pace up top is an issue.

croadyman

sadly i think you might be right and i don't agree with it simply from a standpoint of age, salary and paying a lot of money to a fellow prem side for them to invest into their total squad. Yes, taking Kane would put a huge hole in their team but who knows they may actually invest properly

Kane is so much more of a false 9 right now and outside of rashford, our lack of pace up top is an issue.
On the other hand some feel we need more of a hold up finisher like Kane more than a pace and power guy like Osimhen. Quite honestly I cannot decide what type of striker fits Erik's system

bosskeano

On the other hand some feel we need more of a hold up finisher like Kane more than a pace and power guy like Osimhen. Quite honestly I cannot decide what type of striker fits Erik's system
RvN for me would be the ideal guy but not many like him....

Kane is a much more polished finisher than Osimhen, 100%. I don't think EtH plays a style that invites teams to have the ball and specifically play for the counter but his 9 is asked to do a lot of pressing and the wingers have more of the defensive freedom which is why that makes me wonder about Kane at his age and his legs.

MrSpock

I agree the impending ban would reduce his market value which we could then spend on Johnathan David as another back up striker.

croadyman

RvN for me would be the ideal guy but not many like him....

Kane is a much more polished finisher than Osimhen, 100%. I don't think EtH plays a style that invites teams to have the ball and specifically play for the counter but his 9 is asked to do a lot of pressing and the wingers have more of the defensive freedom which is why that makes me wonder about Kane at his age and his legs.
Yeah the pressing thing is a concern,hence why I think we need to get a second striker who can provide that as well