The Clean Slate Thread

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
With a new manager incoming (He's getting sacked, I refuse to accept any other reality) every player should be afforded a clean slate.

List three players you have been pessimistic about but think they could shine in the post Ole era, or just players you look forward to seeing in a new system, under new management. I'll start:

1) Wan-Bissaka- He has the physical tools and if he can get a coach who helps him understand the game better and anticipate more than react , I reckon there is a chance he could be much better offensively. It feels like the connection between our fullbacks and wide forwards have been poor apart from a period between Shaw and Rashford. AWB and Sancho can be a very formidable right hand side of the field if coached properly.

2) Martial- Martial is a good player just very inconsistent. If a new coach can unlock peak Martial , we will be smiling. He provides everything you want from a modern forward when on his game.

3) Fred- The ultimate scapegoat even when he is asked to cover 3 opposition players by himself. In a well drilled system he would be a great cog. A functional midfield might require one more signing even for a new coach but Fred could provide us with what we need