The correlation between short, stuttering run ups and missed penos. Is it a real thing?

Brophs

The One and Only
Based upon no research at all I suspect it is, albeit that may be down to that sort of penalty miss annoying me more than if someone like Maguire wellies the piss out of the ball and breaks the crossbar in two.

Again, perhaps my own bias but it always seems me that a firmly hit penalty from a proper run up has more chance of going in, as it might still beat the keeper if he guesses right.

Brophs

The One and Only
I don't make threads often, but when I do.....

They stink the place out.

Gandalf

Based upon no research at all I suspect it is, albeit that may be down to that sort of penalty miss annoying me more than if someone like Maguire wellies the piss out of the ball and breaks the crossbar in two.

Again, perhaps my own bias but it always seems me that a firmly hit penalty from a proper run up has more chance of going in, as it might still beat the keeper if he guesses right.
Well last night Sancho and Saka hit them firmly and they were saved, Rashford did the stutter step and had the keeper beat but clipped the post. On this evidence I say this topic is nonsense.