Film The Crying Man (My latest short film)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Hey guys, would love to get your opinions on my latest short film. Got some great feedback from the likes of @pauldyson1uk and @LuisNaniencia last time.

Any feedback, negative or positive would be really helpful. Enjoy!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Video player is bit weird, can't click fullscreen.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
My first thought was, this must be about my son!

Seriously though, cool film.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
My first thought was, this must be about my son!

Seriously though, cool film.
Haha. Your son cry a lot or spends hours on the net surfing weird shit?

Cicada 3301 symbolism ? Intriguing...

Love it.
That goes over most people's heads. Glad you got it. Even the two characters names (Victor and Mariana) are linked to dark web.

Glad you both enjoyed it!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Haha. Your son cry a lot or spends hours on the net surfing weird shit?

That goes over most people's heads. Glad you got it. Even the two characters names (Victor and Mariana) are linked to dark web.

Glad you both enjoyed it!
He's 7 weeks old, so the former :)

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Enjoyed watching that. It was really creepy, all the details helped build it up, the music and sound effects, the lighting. The acting was also very good.

Thanks for sharing it.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
He's 7 weeks old, so the former :)
Haha. Congrats though man! They cry a lot at first but wait until about 4 months in... it's the absolute best. Making them laugh is the best feeling ever.

@Dirty Schwein thanks for sharing man. I enjoyed it, a lot. The tension/build up was really good. :nervous:
Thanks buddy. Glad you enjoyed it.

Regret watching it just before bed @Dirty Schwein which is a compliment!
Haha that's the best time for horror!

Enjoyed watching that. It was really creepy, all the details helped build it up, the music and sound effects, the lighting. The acting was also very good.

Thanks for sharing it.
I'll tell that to my mate. He's so paranoid!

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Haha. Congrats though man! They cry a lot at first but wait until about 4 months in... it's the absolute best. Making them laugh is the best feeling ever.

Thanks buddy. Glad you enjoyed it.

Haha that's the best time for horror!

I'll tell that to my mate. He's so paranoid!
Bit of black mirror inspiration in there?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Bit of black mirror inspiration in there?
Funny you should ask that. The whole idea came from a discussion that began with "Wouldn't it be cool if Black Mirror did a few supernatural episodes?"

Very creepy man. It gave me multiple rushes of tingles through my body. Well done!
Thanks mate!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Thanks, he actually just smiled at me for the first time. I nearly cried :nervous:

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
It's good. The phone drop was excellent. I like that when the power goes off the colour becomes cooler, a simple detail but it adds real clarity.

I felt a couple of the reaction shots were a bit funky. Like the nose pinch and the face rub. A couple of shots linger too long on his reaction too cutting some tension. He might be a stand in actor (it seems he co-wrote it) but I reckon you could cut around what is already there. Just tighten it up really.

His performance is fine once he's standing up.

Did you try it without the slow zoom? There seems enough atmosphere in the images themselves and it would be interesting to see how it works with static shots.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
It's good. The phone drop was excellent. I like that when the power goes off the colour becomes cooler, a simple detail but it adds real clarity.

I felt a couple of the reaction shots were a bit funky. Like the nose pinch and the face rub. A couple of shots linger too long on his reaction too cutting some tension. He might be a stand in actor (it seems he co-wrote it) but I reckon you could cut around what is already there. Just tighten it up really.

His performance is fine once he's standing up.

Did you try it without the slow zoom? There seems enough atmosphere in the images themselves and it would be interesting to see how it works with static shots.
Thanks for watching! Really appreciate the feedback. My response below:

I agree, some of the acting could have been improved. The guy acting owned the apartment we filmed in but isn't a pro. The next short, I'll cast for someone who actually is an actor. [\spoiler]