The Daredevil Draft SF2 | Enigma vs. 2mufc0

With all players at their peak, which team do you think would win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!

---------------------------------------- ENIGMA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2MUFC0-----------------------------------

Enigma's write up:

Formation: 4-3-3, balanced defensive line.

TACTICS
:

DEFENCE:
One of the greatest full backs in Brehme and Vogts, and balanced CB's in Kohler/Chumpitaz we have the upper hand in terms of quality in defence. Brehme will act as an attacking full back in his natural role, giving width in attack and allowing Rensenbrink to cut in. Vogts will be in a more balanced role, but he has proven that his contribution in attack is significant, whilst also being well equipped in neutralizing the opposition left winger. Chumpitaz is a good foil to Kohler more physical game - the best CB on the pitch and a fantastic marker, combining the great marking skills and physical stature, making him an unbeatable competitor. Both are well equipped in dealing with Suarez as present a nice mesh of ability in the air coupled with agility and pace on the deck. Vogts fits Gento well and and his marking skills will come handy to the task of slowing Gento down.

MIDFIELD:
With Rijkaard at the base we have the best protection of our back four, considering he's the GOAT in his role. In front of him we have Van Hanegem as a natural B2B, who will also assist Kopa in the playmaking department. Kopa himself will be closer to the final third but also assume the #10 position, giving him freedom to make his mark. The opposition are strongest in that area, but our unit is no pushover in that sense. Rijkaard has the game to slow Di Stefano down, whilst Van Hanegem physical frame will make him a hard competitor to one of United's finest in Keane.

ATTACK:
With Rensenbrink, Kalle and Puskas we have a trio that is capable of great off the ball movement, dribbling ability and one of the best finishers in the game in Puskas. Puskas, Rensenbrenk and Kalle has it all in terms of movement, technique and will to win, whilst Van Hanegem adds to the attack with his ability to put through balls and exploit their movement.

2mufc0's write up:

The team is built to give Don Alfredo centre stage with tireless runners and movement around him, he is surrounded by players who will allow him to take the reigns in attack and build up maximising his impact on the game. The frontline is packed with movement and pace creating space to expose and giving the Don plenty of options with his passing range. The defence and midfield provide a solid base with a strong spine able to absorb pressure and create a strong defensive wall which will be very difficult to break down.

Why van Hooijdonk? See detailed player profile below for play style. In the spirit of the draft I have decided to keep a 'sheep' and also reap the vote benefit. However, I think it's harsh to classify PvH as a sheep, he was a very accomplished player who scored goals wherever he went. In terms of 3 year peak he was one of the best strikers during those peak years. Furthermore, his profile is perfectly suited to this team, especially with Figo and Gento whipping in crosses maximising his heading ability. Technically, with the ball on the ground, he was also excellent so will be able to facilitate play around the box and combine with the Don and others. His goal scoring ability has also been highlighted with 335 goals in 551 games so won't have trouble finishing off the world class service he will receive.

Pierre van Hooijdonk

Now, of course, utter the name Pierre van Hooijdonk and the first thing anyone thinks is: “That Dutch guy who went on strike at Forest.”

Forget his utterly phenomenal career record – 335 goals in 551 games across 18 years at club level, and a highly-respectable 14 in 46 for the Dutch national team – his contribution to Celtic winning their first trophy in six years at the end of his debut season at Parkhead and his 34 goals in the First Division for Forest which took them up to the Premier League and leading the way beating Dortmund in the final of the 01-02 UEFA Cup nad winning the Dutch footballer of the year in the process.

And whenever anyone else puts themselves in the same position – Carlos Tevez, Dimitar Berbatov, Kieran Dyer – even Paul Scholes – and now Dmitri Payet at West Ham – out comes van Hooijdonk: the striking daddy of them all. A very tall striker but didn't lack the technical skills and considered one of the best strikers of all time, he was a true menace.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I thought there was supposed to be some kind of a sheep-ish player in each team? Enigma's side is absolutely stacked.

Enigma_87

You know who
I thought there was supposed to be some kind of a sheep-ish player in each team? Enigma's side is absolutely stacked.
We had the option to go all out or include sheep in our line up. From what I see 2mufc0 went with the latter so he starts with 2-0 advantage in the scoreline, whilst I went all out.

In terms of the game I expected 2mufc0 to go all out too, considering how close both sides are at full strength, but IMO here the step from Luis Suarez to Pierre van Hooijdonk is huge and gives us a big edge, considering how important the striker position is in a tight game and also the quality of our defensive unit.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
@Enigma_87 Boring question but why is Kohler at RCB? Wouldn't Chumpitaz as the ball player be better between Kohler and Vogts (the more balanced full-back)?

Enigma_87

You know who
@Enigma_87 Boring question but why is Kohler at RCB? Wouldn't Chumpitaz as the ball player be better between Kohler and Vogts (the more balanced full-back)?
You have a point there, but tbh, I don't think in the particular game it makes much of a difference considering Rijkaard is the best probable cover there is for a sweeper/stopper combo and Chumpitaz is not the most exuberant sweeper in the game.

The premise was that I consider 2mufc0 left side to be the stronger one, whilst Djalma is the conservative type of full back and he won't try to overlap Figo on consistent basis creating numerical advantage for the opposition.

Also I consider Brehme a really nice fit on Figo as both of them are really similar both tactically and physically and considering both of them are one of the outstanding choices for their respective position it's really a tasty and even battle without significant advantage for either of them.

In addition to that Van Hanegem and Rensenbrink being part of the total football philosophy offer contribution in both phases and in van Hanegem's position he's in his natural B2B role and has the ability to cover wide if needed.

Vogts/Kohler/Rijkaard triangle offer probably the best possible solution defensively to cover that left side and negate the opposition in that area.

Enigma_87

You know who
Not even one vote :confused:

Congrats @Enigma_87
Cheers mate. You had a great team and I think Hooijdonk instead of Suarez tilted it into my favour as otherwise it’s pretty much a coin toss.
You had easily the best midfield in the draft and wasn’t particularly keen on facing it.