The Double Draft - R1: Raees vs Sjor Bepo (Sub by Sjor)

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Hard to split the teams. Raees deserves credit for choosing two 1930s centre-halves who are both among the top half-dozen or so South American of all time. The defence is solid and Dino Baggio is a good legacy award and fits the shape of this game where Sjor would have general midfield control but Baggio would be a very effective off-the-ball presence.

For Sjor I'd have preferred Blokhin but otherwise it's very solid and well packaged. It's a bit of a mental switch, but if we think in terms of a match-clock where it's the 85th minute, it's entirely realistic to move to that kind of set-up. It would be too risky to do that for 90 minutes, but to force an equaliser, it's the right move.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
That's interesting. Don't rate Carvalho in the all-time pool though, especially as a pure sweeper (considering the ones that went unpicked)

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
That's interesting. Don't rate Carvalho in the all-time pool though, especially as a pure sweeper (considering the ones that went unpicked)
he wasnt picked to be a sweeper TBF, he was picked as a cheap backup CB :)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
making a switch without warm up, feck them.

high press and praying for this:drool:
I think my team would be perfectly set up to counter that formation. Bestie and Figo would have so much room to cause chaos and Kubala running through the middle with the ball at his feet would cause chaos with his vision and goal threat.

Piola against Carvalho with those three behind him.. I can see my team causing devastation on the counter.