The Doubles Draft - R1: mazhar vs Enigma

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I dunno. Sammer can be absolute gold in a back three.
Aye, he's top notch in a set up that allows him to reprise his Euro '96 role.

I'm in my break time, I can say something quickly.

I honestly should have been bold and dropped both Sammer and Cristiano from my 1st XI. It would have raised eyebrows, sure, but at least I would have a more functional team to work with instead. Those two made it difficult for me to set up what I initially wanted, hence why I went with what I did.

Ultimately, though, my team got misinterpreted by maby, but whatever, I was not present often enough to correct others.
You crafted a very good team but you were very unfortunate to come up against Enigma, who struck gold with his legacy and DOFI allocations, and drafted well around them too. My only problem with your tactics was the lack of defensive workrate with Ronaldo, Le Tissier and to a lesser extent Pogba at CM. With you playing a high line I felt you'd need a bit more workrate high up the park to pressure Enigma when he gains possession. Le Tissier at AM rather than a bit more advanced wasn't ideal either as he tended to drift in and out of games, but you didn't have much room for manoeuvre given that he was a legacy allocation.

With Enigma's team, apart from the sub-par GK, Seedorf was the only one that stood out as a slightly awkward fit IMO.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I dunno. Sammer can be absolute gold in a back three.
Not this time, though. I guess I didn't do enough to explain how my team was supposed to play, but whatever, it's done now.

Congrats @Enigma_87. Your team is quite good given the criteria. A few upgrades should get you to the final for sure.

Enigma_87

You know who
Not this time, though. I guess I didn't do enough to explain how my team was supposed to play, but whatever, it's done now.

Congrats @Enigma_87. Your team is quite good given the criteria. A few upgrades should get you to the final for sure.
Thanks, mate. Appreciated.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He won't have any GOAT players in his side that way, which is a huge turn-off. Ronaldo on the right was exciting but he needs a free role on the left to achieve his career hights
Ronaldo as a lone CF isn't a GOAT player either.

The idea is to incorporate Le Tissier somehow, not to set up an ideal XI.