The DP Draft - Climaxed

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Sorry guys, am having to deal with some major feck ups at work and cant kick off games this week. I hope one of you can help regarding this. Hopefully I can be back in a couple of days. My apologies again.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
btw, adding you to the convo for our game with @Himannv
Sent it to you separately.

What happened to the Redcafe communication system? I was completely unable to start a new convo with GSTQ earlier and now it's not possible to add people to existing convos. This was pretty easy to use and worked well before. What changed?
Do you guys have the game today?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I think Beam conceded the match due to his GK woes.
Actually, the draft devil didn't let me be in peace, so I tried to look if any of my players had a spell as a goalkeeper. And here are the findings...

Option number 1, Achraf Hakimi as a goalkeeper in Dortmund training.

Option number 2, 'The Black Pearl of Inchicore' also caught in training

And finally, and the most serious option that even got me thinking about going in...

Samuel Eto'o playing as a goalkeeper for the last 5 minutes when he was in Mallorca in 2003 against Athletic Bilbao. Mallorca used all the subs and the goalkeeper got a red card. He didn't concede and the match ended 4-0 for Mallorca.

Was thinking for about half an hour after discovery to put my team, but it would be for the laughs of course. Due a real shortage of time these days, didn't send it, but at least to share a discovery. If anyone gets in a similar position, all is not lost as you can see and you can always go with an immense playing ability from the back. :D

Don't mind me, you can now proceed with a draft!

GodShaveTheQueen

There wont be any reinforcements for the semifinals.

You get the whole roster of your QF opponent (all players including the opponent manager as your AM for the rest of the draft - up to you if you don't want him involved).

We will now have squads of size 38. There will be a total of 14 injuries and you will be left with a standard league squad of 24 players.

I don't want to go ahead with this if people think its a shit idea. You can have a few hours to voice your dissent.

If enough people don't like it, I will fallback to the original reinforcement plan from the OP. Try not to dissent based on the quality of your opponent's team.

My rationale - I want all 16 managers to have some stake and enjoy the draft for as long as possible (with the squad they built since squads are combined).

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
whoever got Jim on QF is a lucky SOB. His is glittering with GOATs.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Well, at least I got @General_Elegancia as my General with his awesome write up.

I guess this speeds up the process, and new concept. I'm fine with anything.

Last edited:

GodShaveTheQueen

Alright, that is 6 yes, 1 no and Enigma who am guessing would be okay teaming up with Himannv.

So, lets get this going.