The dream is over, should United go after any Leicester City player?

GM K

Raneiri has been fired.

They can't make top four or win the league again.

Atletico Madrid finally killed their Champions League dream yesterday.

One gets the feeling that some Leicester City players are there for the taking in the summer.

Kasper, Vardy, Ndidi, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Albrighton...is there any one of them United should be going after?

Can any of them be a good squad player or even get a space in the first eleven regularly?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Nope. Might have taken Vardy in the summer but he's not an age to gamble on now. Mahrez is the next closest choice but I doubt his mentality and I don't think he's the type of wide forward we need.

Quizierda

IF you would have to name one I would go for Ndidi.

Looked quite good the few times I have seen him so far and he could be a good squad player (maybe more in the future) for us.

Nickosaur

Ndidi is interesting but think he should have another season in the PL before any top club gets involved. Mahrez and Vardy are still top players IMO, but Vardy probably should have taken his chance for the big move last summer. Mahrez I don't feel is good enough for a top, top club.

Chilwell looks like a good prospect.

SidRed

Vardy maybe a option if we fail to land Griezmann/Lukaku.

Red Ryan

Starter of Rubbish Threads
Nope they are a bunch of one season wonders the only one with long-term potential was Kante and there's no chance of us ever signing him now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ndidi is a great prospect but not one for right now. I think the top 6 should keep an eye on Mahrez and if the fee is quite low should be an option. A squad option, that is. I don't think he's much better than that.

Kostur

海尔的老板
No, bunch of mostly average cnuts who'll down their tools like they did with Ranieri when things don't go their way.

Dong Fangzhuo

Chilwell could be interesting. Ndidi and Gray might be worth a look as well if we were just looking to round out an already strong squad. As it is, I think we should be prioritising 3-4 quality additions to our XI rather than padding our depth chart though.

Fracture90

Kasper and Ndidi would be interesting options. Vardy and Mahrez proved they're backstabbing cnuts.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Ndidi is interesting but think he should have another season in the PL before any top club gets involved. Mahrez and Vardy are still top players IMO, but Vardy probably should have taken his chance for the big move last summer. Mahrez I don't feel is good enough for a top, top club.

Chilwell looks like a good prospect.
Ndidi's technique is terrible, doesn't have enough to his game to be a DM for a side competing for the league.

Chilwell looks awful too. Watching him against Atletico was painful.

Casper and Mahrez are the pick of the bunch.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Gray, Chilwell, Mahrez.. ecent players. United level? don't know about that but they should get snapped up by side like Everton.

ferguson2

if de Gea leaves I would go for Schmeichel.
Vardy isn't the striker we need and Mahrez is the perfect Arsenal player.

Castia

Nah the main one went to Chelsea. Kante is class id love to see him alongside Pogba and Herrera.

CM

I could see Mahrez, Gray or Ndidi generating interest from a couple of top 6/7 sides but we should be setting the bar higher than that. Mahrez has let himself down this season and the others still have a way to go before being good enough for us.

NinjaFletch

If we were in a better position I wouldn't be hugely opposed to a gamble on Mahrez if the price is right, but I don't think we can afford to right now.

Fracture90

I could see Mahrez, Gray or Ndidi generating interest from a couple of top 6/7 sides but we should be setting the bar higher than that. Mahrez has let himself down this season and the others still have a way to go before being good enough for us.
Gray is a good one to point out.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ndidi joined in Jan isn't it. Very early to think about moving.

Red Ryan

Starter of Rubbish Threads
If De Gea leaves then Schmiecel might be a decent option to battle it out with Romero for the number one shirt as he probably wouldn't cost much and there aren't many alternatives available.

Blind

Mahrez on his day is still one of the most creative players in the league, would add a lot to our right side.

CM

Ndidi joined in Jan isn't it. Very early to think about moving.
Yeah, he did. I don't think either he or Gray would leave this summer - Ndidi already dismissed rumours of a United move on Twitter - but I'm sure that won't stop them from attracting interest.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Imagine failing on those 2 and signing Vardy :nervous:
Hey, we signed Alan Smith and Michael Owen in the post Ruud Van Nistelrooy era. We bought Valencia after selling Ronaldo.

Sometimes you buy a player that will do a job.

Quizierda

If De Gea leaves then Schmiecel might be a decent option to battle it out with Romero for the number one shirt as he probably wouldn't cost much and there aren't many alternatives available.
Loosing DDG and replacing him with Schmeichel and Romero would be a massive downgrade.

Kasper is a decent GK nothing more, nothing less. He (as well as Romero) clearly does not have the class of DDG and never will. If we sell DDG we need to get a proper and clear No.1 to replace him (Oblak would be my choice). Schmeichel could be the replacement for Romero but certainly not DDG.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Hey, we signed Alan Smith and Michael Owen in the post Ruud Van Nistelrooy era. We bought Valencia after selling Ronaldo.

Sometimes you buy a player that will do a job.
I would have to point to the fact that God was our manager during those days

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Mahrez is still a good player and Ndidi seems to have a lot of potential. The rest are pretty average.

I don't want either at United, to be honest, unless they're giving them away for free. We should be buying starters and making squad players out of the current starters, not just upgrade the bench. Simply put.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
Mahrez, Ndidi and Gray would all appeal to other clubs.

Not sure Mahrez has reached the form he showed last season but last season was incredible.
Ndidi and Gray both look like younger talent with potential.

Nick.

On one hand I'd like Mahrez because he could recapture his form from last season, but his eages are £100,000 a week at Leicester so he'd probably have to be a first team player and not a squad option.

Bwuk

Ndidi would be a good squad option. Maybe wouldn't start every week though.

Mahrez is great but we need a out and out winger more than what he is.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
You also need to consider who he would likely replace from your current starting 11, Lingard, Mkhikytaran etc.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Chillwell maybe. Could be a good player in future.
Don't want players, like Mahrez, vardy etc. who aren't giving their all when going is tough

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I would have to point to the fact that God was our manager during those days
Indeed.

There is a fine line between buying the odd Premier League water-carrier to strengthen the squad, and being Liverpool