"The dressing room is just a disaster"

Green_Red

I think Scholsey got his wires crossed, what he was supposed to say was Jesse has a new clothes line coming out but that it's been delayed because the dressing rooms a disaster, all the wrong sizes and colours sent, photographer didn't turn up, absolute disaster.

Maybe JLingz and Pogone can do a bit of dancing in the dressing room to cheer everyone up?

ti vu

It's not even leaking. If Scholes and Lingard are close then it's perfectly normal that he would talk to him or tell him the truth if asked in a casual conversation, the issue is that Scholes isn't supposed to share it with the world.
While it's true, thing like that may be discussed in conversation, someone who are responsible to their lives would hold their tongue. Being chatty about dressing room affair to potential spreader is taboo in sport at this level.

It's hilarious and sad at the same time in this instance.

LDUred

Wonder if there has ever been a more vile, bitchy collection of players assembled at any football club. Honestly feel sorry for anyone having to walk into that dressing room, not least a manager.

KeanoMagicHat

Does it really matter what Scholes said though, it's open knowledge to the world that it's a bad dressing room and Lingard is leaving anyway.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
if

and it's still leaking, even if it said to ex-players
I know that there is an if, I put it there. And there is a big difference between having a casual conversation with someone you know and deciding to leak/expose informations for public consumption. Athletes talk to friends and families about their job, about the good and the bad like every single one of us do with our own jobs, these people aren't supposed to repeat it to the public even if they are journalists or pundits.

Fooza

I know that there is an if, I put it there. And there is a big difference between having a casual conversation with someone you know and deciding to leak/expose informations for public consumption. Athletes talk to friends and families about their job, about the good and the bad like every single one of us do with our own jobs, these people aren't supposed to repeat it to the public even if they are journalists or pundits.
Leaks don't work like what people think, it's usually players sharing news to ex-players/close people around them who end up leaking it to the media. Not a player directly sharing info to the media. Not saying Scholes is the one that leaks to the media, but Lingard sharing info to ex-players is still leaking

UpWithRivers

Because Scholes hates Rangnick with a passion for some reason. He hasn't had a good word to say about him from the start.
If the dressing room is a shambles thats down to the captain and the players more than the manager. If it was the dressing room of old it would be keane, Ince etc banging thier heads together and pulling the team together

The Oracle

Does it really matter what Scholes said though, it's open knowledge to the world that it's a bad dressing room and Lingard is leaving anyway.
It proves that Lingard is a bad apple that needs to be moved on ASAP.

A lot of fans have known that Lingard has been a bad apple for a long time.

Some fans have been in denial about it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Which players do we think actually get on well with each other?

Rashy, Lingard and Sancho.
Dalot, Fernandes, Telles, Ronaldo, Fred
De Gea, Mata

Then there's odd men out like AWB, Maguire, McTominay

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
While it's true, thing like that may be discussed in conversation, someone who are responsible to their lives would hold their tongue. Being chatty about dressing room affair to potential spreader is taboo in sport at this level.

It's hilarious and sad at the same time in this instance.
It isn't taboo at all, if you have been anywhere near professional sport, you will know everything about a dressing room if you know a member of it. For me the daftest thing was with the MHR, I knew what Galthié was up to and what the player thought about him just because I knew someone at the club. What is taboo is to spread it when someone has shared his feelings with you, Scholes is the one that is 100% wrong unless Lingard told him that he could spread it.

Zen86

If Rangnick says this, it’s him telling it like it is and sticking it to the board. When it’s Scholes, it’s shit stirring. The dressing room is quite obviously a fecking mess right now, it’s hardly a revelation.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Really yes. However there have been leaks and it appears Scholes has named his source where the press don't.
Oh, I see where you're going with this.

There is no proof that Jesse is responsible for all the leaks, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. I felt Gary Neville strongly suspected it was him too.

Dinghy

A verbally two-footer straight to the knees. Didn't expect anything else from Scholesy, absolute moron...

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Why would the dressing room be a disaster when we have just anounced the most wanted manager in Europe? I guess they are lazy cnuts that know they are rubbish and not good enough to be playing for this club. It was all well when good vibes is all that was asked for.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Which players do we think actually get on well with each other?

Rashy, Lingard and Sancho.
Dalot, Fernandes, Telles, Ronaldo, Fred
De Gea, Mata

Then there's odd men out like AWB, Maguire, McTominay
You could imagine Mata, DDG and with Matic, Lindelof being Portuguese speakers, they would be the ones stuck in the middle trying to calm troubled waters.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You can call its Scholes' fault but I dont think Lingard will confront him. Firstly Scholes is a legend so having a good relationship with him can be beneficial for Lingard, secondly Lingard will leave United so he can just say it without any consequences considering its true anyway and thirdly he doesnt want Scholes getting angry and biting his toenails.

Pughnichi

Scholes was easily my favourite Utd player during his peak years. I loved the guy.

Got to the point now though where I make a conscious effort to avoid him. Whenever he’s on TV…off it goes. Whenever there’s clickbait with his name in the title i purposely avoid.

the guy is a blamonge

DomesticTadpole

Why would the dressing room be a disaster when we have just anounced the most wanted manager in Europe? I guess they are lazy cnuts that know they are rubbish and not good enough to be playing for this club. It was all well when good vibes is all that was asked for.
A lot are just playing out their notice and don't care what they say outside the dressing room and the trouble it will cause.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Neither of them strike me as remotely intelligent, but Lingard needs to not be in the squad for the rest of the season.

Gazza

Really makes you wonder what we brought Rangnick in for if he couldn't lift the dressing room

Right from the start there were rumours that he doesn't talk to anyone, and basically just keeps his head down even when getting his morning coffee.
Rangnick was brought in to diagnose problems at the club, one of which clearly is this toxic dressing room culture. I'll be very happy even if the sole outcome of his time here is that he identifies the problem characters so that EtH doesn't have to waste time doing so himself.

hobbers

On the pitch an absolute legend, but off the pitch Scholes is veering on brain dead. Can see why he never went into management or coaching.

We know Lingard has been one of the major sources of leaks. Along with the likes of Bailly and Henderson. And the PR teams of Rashford and Maguire.

RedDevilQuebecois

Because Scholes hates Rangnick with a passion for some reason. He hasn't had a good word to say about him from the start.
Well, I gotta say that Scholes looks like a silly fool now because 1) he is deluded in his disparaging of Ralf Rangnick so blindly, and 2) he just burned his own source right in the open.

Terrible punditry from Scholes to take the word from a player rather than take a look at the whole picture and understand why it has been shit under so many managers now. If I were Ten Hag, I would outright ban Paul Scholes from setting foot near Old Trafford for some time too.

DomesticTadpole

Rangnick was brought in to diagnose problems at the club, one of which clearly is this toxic dressing room culture. I'll be very happy even if the sole outcome of his time here is that he identifies the problem characters so that EtH doesn't have to waste time doing so himself.
The fact that this bunch if idiots do not realise they should have been trying ever so hard to impress this man and I am sure he has been taking note of the trouble makers, the ones not good enough, the ones who are not top notch but will give their all for the next manager.

DomesticTadpole

Well, I gotta say that Scholes looks like a silly fool now because 1) he is deluded in his disparaging of Ralf Rangnick so blindly, and 2) he just burned his own source right in the open.

Terrible punditry from Scholes to take the word from a player rather than take a look at the whole picture and understand why it has been shit under so many managers now. If I were Ten Hag, I would outright ban Paul Scholes from setting foot near Old Trafford for some time too.
Precisely. Scholes will not have anybody in that dressing room now to get any insight, if you can call it that from. There are going to be big changes and I am thrilled about it.

Irwin99

Scholes was intentionally being very naughty there. Basically dropped Lingard right in it :lol:

It's wrong and counter-productive but sometimes as fans you want an explanation as to why things are so crap without reference to the usual platitudes and cliches. I really want to know what is up with this group of players? Why has 'good vibes FC' turned into bitchiness and depression.

If it's because Ronaldo and Varane entered the dressing room then they can get fecked because they achieved NOTHING without those players in the team in the previous years so can hardly complain when two elite winners are added to the group.