The F1 Thread -2007

Ronaldo07

Beanpole studying Irish history
Fighting over the internet is like being David Bel
Hamilton absolutely bottled it with his start in this race and all I have to say is this pleases me very very much. Kimi's driven brilliantly in the second half of this season and to see a Ferrari driver win after the scandal seems to me fair and just.

ukbob

Caf's Coolest Rag n Bone man
It ain't over yet. I have heard they are looking into the winning cars for some rule errors or something.
Before the race Eccleston was saying in an interview that he wanted Alonso to win. Isn't it also strange that suddenly Hamiltons car lost power and then later was putting in one of the fastest laps.
Eccleston is a crook of the highest order, he will do anything to protect his F1 image. I also know he did NOT want a rookie to win in his first year, he more or less said that in the interview.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
By reading my words with more attention, you'd notice that I'm blaming the McLaren people.
Hamilton's really been amazing and I imagine a brilliant future for him. A real talent.
Sure is that once you get to two races from the end and just 4 points to collect, your mouth waters and you can't really be happy with 'well done for a rookie'.

He shitted in his underwear
:rolleyes: Nuff said I think.

RedNome

It ain't over yet. I have heard they are looking into the winning cars for some rule errors or something.
Before the race Eccleston was saying in an interview that he wanted Alonso to win. Isn't it also strange that suddenly Hamiltons car lost power and then later was putting in one of the fastest laps.
Eccleston is a crook of the highest order, he will do anything to protect his F1 image. I also know he did NOT want a rookie to win in his first year, he more or less said that in the interview.

Seriously?

RedNome

They have started by weighing Kimmi and the car. This was requested by McLaren, there are also some doubts as to Alonso's car.

I can't see anything coiming of this now, it would do more damage to the sport than good.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
:lol: Give it a rest.

RedNome

Like its not already!

You heard it here first.

I'm not saying the sport isn't corrupt, it is and it has been for as long as Eccleston has been in charge, all I am saying is I can't see anything changing with respect to the championship standings now. If it does I will allow you all the credit you deserve.

ukbob

I'm not saying the sport isn't corrupt, it is and it has been for as long as Eccleston has been in charge, all I am saying is I can't see anything changing with respect to the championship standings now. If it does I will allow you all the credit you deserve.
It wont happen, Eccleston is already covering it up at a meeting, as we speak.

ukbob

There was no conspiracy, McLaren cocked up. End of.
Suddenly in the last race of the season neither Hamilton or Alonso are nowhere near the Ferrari's by a mile!! Conspiracy by uncle Bernie....again.

Trust me Frostie F1 is as bent as wrestling and always will be with Eccleston in charge. You are deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

Red-Wedge

Suddenly in the last race of the season neither Hamilton or Alonso are nowhere near the Ferrari's by a mile!! Conspiracy by uncle Bernie....again.
Yes.
Someone saw Elvis Presley manipulating the McLarens….
Or was it James Dean?

ukbob

Is this like the English football fans blaming the manager instead of the players ?

What could the Mclaren team have done about Lewis crashing out last race and nearly doing it again this time ?
You don't think his car spluttering nearly to a halt, the first time it has happened, was an accident?

B Cantona

Desperate
I'd like to know what did happen to Hamiltons car, bizarre for it to just stop working for 30 seconds then be fine thereafter. Why the feck he then three stopped is beyond me, I'm not so sure about the brains at McClaren sometimes

Anyway, the deserving man won in the end, he's won two more races than anyone else. They ought to change the points system back to the way it was

Hamilton suffered a case of the being British's early on, but came back well, wouldn't have mattered in the end anyway that technical problem did for him. Cracking first season, he'll win it one day. I'm just delighted it wasn't Alonso who pipped him

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay

Trust me Frostie F1 is as bent as wrestling and always will be with Eccleston in charge. You are deluding yourself if you think otherwise.
Of course F1 is bent. Look at what McLaren did this year. Ecclestone was changing the rules year after year to try to stop Schumacher winning as well.

But is it surprising that McLaren, suddenly deprived of all the Ferrari technical data, weren't leagues ahead of the Ferraris? After they were found out, they were distinctly average. That is hardly evidence of a conspiracy by the powers that be.

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
You don't think his car spluttering nearly to a halt, the first time it has happened, was an accident?
Electronics on the car malfunction...its a part of motorsport. The team would have taken all precautions and checked the parts being installed. After that, its not in their control and they cant be blamed. Its not like his engine blew up or they screwed up a pitstop.

Red-Wedge

Why the feck he then three stopped is beyond me, I'm not so sure about the brains at McClaren sometimes
Life is not always so complicated.
This is just a case of a team of clueless spastics who ruined a fantastic season of a fantastic rookie.
As plain as that.

ukbob

Electronics on the car malfunction...its a part of motorsport. The team would have taken all precautions and checked the parts being installed. After that, its not in their control and they cant be blamed. Its not like his engine blew up or they screwed up a pitstop.
They DID screw up a pitstop, why did he stop for three times and not two? just as he was in a position to take maybe fith place.
In any case all this electronic crap should be outlawed. The crew can now control the car from the pits. Surely its about man and machine, how good a driver are you really without all the assistance from the pits. Lets get back to motor racing and not something like playstation.

Ronaldo07

Beanpole studying Irish history
Fighting over the internet is like being David Bel
No he didnt....it was fantastic driving from Massa who moved over and slowed down Lewis. Kimi and Alonso took the opportunity to get ahead.
I didn't mean right at the start (although he didn't impress there either) but in the first few laps he just wasn't pushing and later on the stupidity of Mclaren's strategy started to cost him. I don't like McLaren at all after the events that unfolded this season but TBH Hamilton's had a fantastic season and will have many more to come while Alonso also failed to win but he did it after acting liike a spoiled brat for most of the season and IMO didn't deserve shit. Raikonnen won the most races and definitely deserves the title

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
They DID screw up a pitstop, why did he stop for three times and not two? just as he was in a position to take maybe fith place.
They had no choice...this race track was not particularly kind on tyres. And since Lewis needed to push all the way, a 3 stop strategy with lesser fuel at all times and fresher tyres actually helped him. He was consistently quick and was able to overtake the other cars easily. If he had continued on a two stop strategy after going last, he may have not been in the points. The fact that Kubica on a 3 stop strategy finished ahead of his team mate Heidfeld (2 stops) after starting behind him proved that a 3 stop is quicker.

Keane16

Redcafe Minister for Guinness Therapy
Fair play to Kimi, he came from a long way back and is a proper World Champion.

Alonso was subdued all weekend, although Ferrari were so much better than McLaren today there was clearly nothing he could have done anyway. McLaren can now sack him at their leisure. Serious driver, nasty piece of work.

McLaren/Hamilton threw it away in China. All they had to do was pit. Forget about strategies and fuel and just attend to the bleeding obvious. They didn't, no points, no championship. Ron will be turning that one over in his head for a while, Lewis - in his youth, probably less so. Serious driver. Total shite talker.

This was one McLaren threw away, Ron has a few questions to answer IMO, didn't look like a leader to me.

Red-Wedge

McLaren/Hamilton threw it away in China. All they had to do was pit. Forget about strategies and fuel and just attend to the bleeding obvious. They didn't, no points, no championship. Ron will be turning that one over in his head for a while, Lewis - in his youth, probably less so. Serious driver. Total shite talker.

This was one McLaren threw away, Ron has a few questions to answer IMO, didn't look like a leader to me.

That's all that's worth saying.

B Cantona

Desperate
Did you see the news? Fuel irregularities....possibility
I guess there had to be one last twist!

BMW and Williams being investigated... I wonder what the issue is? What happens if they're found to have used illegal fuel and are kicked out of the race? That would mean Hamilton should be champion! Bloody hell that would cause some agro now...

ukbob

BMW and Williams being investigated... I wonder what the issue is? What happens if they're found to have used illegal fuel and are kicked out of the race? That would mean Hamilton should be champion! Bloody hell that would cause some agro now...

I am pretty sure he will be champion. Mind you Ecclestone will have something to say about that.

ukbob

I got a call shortly after the race saying there was something going on, hence the post where most thought I was shooting the breeze,( well I normally do). My mate told me there was something irregular about one of the leading cars, didn't say which one though as it was all pretty hush hush. Ecclestone called a meeting but don't know what the outcome was.

B Cantona

Desperate
I got a call shortly after the race saying there was something going on, hence the post where most thought I was shooting the breeze,( well I normally do). My mate told me there was something irregular about one of the leading cars, didn't say which one though as it was all pretty hush hush. Ecclestone called a meeting but don't know what the outcome was.
I've just heard now. The temperature of the fuel in the three cars finishing ahead of Hamilton was too low, which apparently gives a sporting advantage of a car gaining more horse power. Apparently a precedent of losing constructor points for this kind of thing, so perhaps won't affect anything

Would be a mildly sour way of deciding the World Championship, though of course if they've gained an illegal competive advantage, they should be disqualified. Would just be bad luck on Kimi that it would lead to him losing the Championship. I reckon this one might run and run you know...

ukbob

I've just heard now. The temperature of the fuel in the three cars finishing ahead of Hamilton was too low, which apparently gives a sporting advantage of a car gaining more horse power. Apparently a precedent of losing constructor points for this kind of thing, so perhaps won't affect anything

Would be a mildly sour way of deciding the World Championship, though of course if they've gained an illegal competive advantage, they should be disqualified. Would just be bad luck on Kimi that it would lead to him losing the Championship. I reckon this one might run and run you know...
Have to agree with you there Brad, I think overall Kimi deserved it. I just hate the crap that goes on in the sport and Ecclestone is the prime motivator.
I love motor racing but not the level that its gone to. I know its been going on for years but it just seems very intense right now.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Inquiry casts doubt on F1 title

Kimi Raikkonen's world title has been thrown into doubt following an inquiry into the cars of BMW Sauber and Williams at the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Race stewards are investigating alleged irregularites with the cars' fuel.

Williams's Nico Rosberg was fourth in the race, followed by BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld.

If they were disqualified, McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton would be promoted to fourth, giving him enough points to displace Raikkonen as world champion.

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7055644.stm
What a weird season it has been...

RedNome

Inquiry casts doubt on F1 title

Kimi Raikkonen's world title has been thrown into doubt following an inquiry into the cars of BMW Sauber and Williams at the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Race stewards are investigating alleged irregularites with the cars' fuel.

Williams's Nico Rosberg was fourth in the race, followed by BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld.

If they were disqualified, McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton would be promoted to fourth, giving him enough points to displace Raikkonen as world champion.

More to follow.
fecking 'ell, this season goes from strange to bizarre. Ukbob, watch this space indeed.