g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The FA Cup Final thread for non-United fans

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Posted with Raoul's permission :D Just getting that out the way quick.

Should be a good game. Both teams a bit on the pragmatic side, both strong in midfield, but with talented players up front. Not really bothered who wins, but I hope the game lives up the occasion.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Good thread for oppos to comment on the game without annoying us in the official thread.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I wish my partner would go down as easily as that.

I'm allll aloooone here? :D

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

Definite penalty that.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Not a red card, made a genuine attempt to play ball despite being the last man. Correct decision.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's pretty shocking how often both teams mess up a pass so badly it just rolls out for a throw in.

Zachari

The number of people here not knowing the rules of the game and wishing for a red card is shocking. It’s been years already since the ruling was changed

binary bot
Never a pen. Hazard's shin pulls Jones towards it.

shit. wrong thread.

Jack - City Fan

Supports
Man City
The lack of movement off the ball is crazy. Not necessarily as soon as the pass is made (pogba always passes and moves) but if the ball doesnt come straight back to them once they've moved into space they just stand there, really not enough movement, looks like it'll take someone beating there man for United to get back into it.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
What do you guys think of Jones?
English Lovren judging by this game :D Was lucky not to concede a goal earlier with that terrible ball forward he played.

United really need to change this. They're offering nothing but speculative out of the box shots at the moment. Sanchez is always fun to watch, though!

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
I was watching some Chelsea fans the week before this game and they were all saying they had no chance.

Supporters never learn. Players turn it off and then back on again for these type of games. They haven't been trying the last few weeks because they knew they weren't going to get top four. They were always going to put a shift in and play well today, and man for man I think they're better than United.

Nickosaur

Poor so far from United. Chelsea haven't been great either mind. Think Jose might hook Rashford off at half time for Lukaku.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Boring match so far tbh, hope it picks up second half

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Jones is a funny one, he is actually a decent defender, and I could equally imagine him putting in a great saving tackle in that situation, but he has so many brain farts.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Did I really hear that right? Sanchez gets £75k to start a game?!

The Bloody-Nine

Jones is a funny one, he is actually a decent defender, and I could equally imagine him putting in a great saving tackle in that situation, but he has so many brain farts.
I remember during a Jones discussion here one of our fans claimed that he was one of our most intelligent players. lolz

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Weird seeing a United side pass the ball around so slowly. Like watching Arsenal every week.

The best united sides were all full throttle and direct.

Duncspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
This has been quite a dull affair so far. Still fancy United to come from behind and outdull the even duller Chelsea.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Jones in a nutshell, made the error to allow Hazard space in the first place, then did well to get back and put pressure on him but then made another error by attempting the tackle.

He did the difficult part of getting back at Hazard but should've stood is grounded and just apply physical pressure to spoil his shot.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Martial or Lukaku to come on?

bebeanderson

Hazard's first touch and acceleration for the penalty was so cool to watch

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I still think that United will win this game. Chelsea just aren’t that good.

mav_9me

Posted with Raoul's permission :D Just getting that out the way quick.

Should be a good game. Both teams a bit on the pragmatic side, both strong in midfield, but with talented players up front. Not really bothered who wins, but I hope the game lives up the occasion.
Got that right.

Claude Cat

Supports
Liverpool
Curious how long it’ll take for United to bring Lukaku on. Can still see them winning it.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I still think that United will win this game. Chelsea just aren’t that good.
I don't see how unless Martial/Lukaku make a massive difference. Lindgard & Rashford are seeing so little of the ball & Chelsea are playing with like 8+ players behind the ball at all time.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
United without Lukaku remind of Arsenal when they can't break teams down, seems like they're trying to walk the ball in and just look toothless. If Chelsea are going to play deep United will need to cross it to the box but without Lukaku there it's simply too easy for Chelsea's defense. Rashford has disappointed me this season, he only seems effective when he has space to run into.

Still feel like United will find an equalizer though

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Weird seeing a United side pass the ball around so slowly. Like watching Arsenal every week.

The best united sides were all full throttle and direct.
With all the FLY EMIRATES and EMIRATES FA Cup banners it even looks like they are playing at Arsenal rather than Wembley

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
United without Lukaku remind of Arsenal when they can't break teams down, seems like they're trying to walk the ball in and just look toothless. If Chelsea are going to play deep United will need to cross it to the box but without Lukaku there it's simply too easy for Chelsea's defense. Rashford has disappointed me this season, he only seems effective when he has space to run into.

Still feel like United will find an equalizer though
He completely fails to lead the line which is his main problem.