The FA Youth Cup thread

lysglimt

Scout
Rather than putting all info about the FA Youth Cup into the misc-thread, I am creating a separate one.

We will play Stoke in the next round after they destroyed Blackpool by 5-1 - it was 1-1 with 25 minutes left to play, but then Stoke scored 4 times and won comfortably.

Not surprisingly, few P.L clubs have lost in the 3rd round so far. Palace who lost to us, Brentford who got destroyed by Villa by 5-0 and Wolves will play Leicester today, and Bournemouth will play Liverpool tomorrow. In addition Fulham, Chelsea, Spurs, Nottingham and West Ham will all play today.

3 P.L-ties in the 4th round:
Arsenal will play Newcastle
City will play Brighton
Villa will play Southampton

Chelsea yet again got a really lucky draw - if they beat Bradford, they will play Colchester or Cambridge
Liverpool will play Port Vale away if they beat Bournemouth

3 hat-tricks have already been scored in this round - a 16 year old from Brazil called Gentile scored 5 goals for Preston, Rory Wilson scored 3 for Villa and Zach Nelson scored 3 for Luton as they beat Birmingham 6-0 away.

All 4th round ties must be played jan 21st at the latest.

lysglimt

Scout
Spurs are out of the FA Youth Cup after losing 1-3 to QPR. QPR will play Luton away in the next round

Leeds beat Accrington Stanley 3-2
Fulham beat Rohdale 4-3 away and Cardiff beat Crewe with the same result
Forest beat WBA 1-0 and Oxford won 3-1 away to Exeter

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
The 4th Round draw

AFC Wimbledon v Leeds United
2 Sheffield Wednesday v Wolverhampton Wanderers or Leicester City
3 Sunderland v Fulham
4 Newcastle United v Arsenal
5 Burnley v West Ham United
6 Watford v Everton
7 Stoke City v Manchester United
8 Oxford United v Cardiff City
9 Port Vale v AFC Bournemouth or Liverpool
10 Luton Town v Queens Park Rangers
11 Aston Villa v Southampton
12 Cambridge United v Chelsea or Bradford City
13 Gillingham v Preston North End
14 Bristol City or Fleetwood Town v Middlesbrough
15 Manchester City v Brighton & Hove Albion
16 Ipswich Town v Nottingham Forest

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Rather than putting all info about the FA Youth Cup into the misc-thread, I am creating a separate one.

We will play Stoke in the next round after they destroyed Blackpool by 5-1 - it was 1-1 with 25 minutes left to play, but then Stoke scored 4 times and won comfortably.

Not surprisingly, few P.L clubs have lost in the 3rd round so far. Palace who lost to us, Brentford who got destroyed by Villa by 5-0 and Wolves will play Leicester today, and Bournemouth will play Liverpool tomorrow. In addition Fulham, Chelsea, Spurs, Nottingham and West Ham will all play today.

3 P.L-ties in the 4th round:
Arsenal will play Newcastle
City will play Brighton
Villa will play Southampton

Chelsea yet again got a really lucky draw - if they beat Bradford, they will play Colchester or Cambridge
Liverpool will play Port Vale away if they beat Bournemouth

3 hat-tricks have already been scored in this round - a 16 year old from Brazil called Gentile scored 5 goals for Preston, Rory Wilson scored 3 for Villa and Zach Nelson scored 3 for Luton as they beat Birmingham 6-0 away.

All 4th round ties must be played jan 21st at the latest.
Are young defenders just a bit shit these days?

Orion.

Are young defenders just a bit shit these days?
I think so - they’re zonal defenders who run in straight lines to occupy their allocated space, so there’s a lot of space to exploit between them. Very little defensive instinct or intuitive movement applied; that’s why you have to take modern goal records with a pinch of salt - football is awful these days.

lysglimt

Scout
I must admit I feel a bit bad for one of West Hams goalscorers in the 3-1 win away to Sheffield United.

His name is Divin Mubama :) Branded at such a young age - and not likely to receive a lot of penalties in the years to come.

RedDevilLucio

Didn’t realise the Stoke game was tonight already got plans or I would have made the hour or so trip as it’s only £3 entry and free car parking. Sounds like a good cheap night

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Gore lucky to avoid getting sent off, he somehow even avoided a card which is even more inexplicable :lol:

HJ12

The livestream is restricted to the UK and Ireland only :(

AltiUn

Murray with a suicide pass.

AltiUn

Hoping to see a bit of Lacey tonight at some point, Twitter is full of his youth clips so be good to see what he's about, only 15 mind.

footballbite

Anyone know why Fredricson isn't playing at CB?

Is he already considered too good for this lot despite being 17?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Hoping to see a bit of Lacey tonight at some point, Twitter is full of his youth clips so be good to see what he's about, only 15 mind.
Saw him at the Rewe cup on the weekend and he looks really skilled but is still tiny.

Basically all of the clips from it on Twitter are against local amateur clubs where he looked ridiculously good against. Bare in mind though some of them had girls and lads that were overweight so it wasn’t a remotely competitive standard. Against the pro clubs he was ineffectual, but he was also about half the size of some of them.

Would be great to see him on for a bit as I’ll be honest no one out there today is a huge talent imo.

AltiUn

Saw him at the Rewe cup on the weekend and he looks really skilled but is still tiny.

Basically all of the clips from it on Twitter are against local amateur clubs where he looked ridiculously good against. Bare in mind though some of them had girls and lads that were overweight so it wasn’t a remotely competitive standard. Against the pro clubs he was ineffectual, but he was also about half the size of some of them.

Would be great to see him on for a bit as I’ll be honest no one out there today is a huge talent imo.
Yeah, think that tournament is what's generated a bit of buzz, although I've heard his name floating about for a while now. According to Twitter he finished our top scorer with 10 goals, next closest was Berry with 4, but like you said the opposition wasn't up to much. I quite like Gore and Oyedele but this squad definitely is underwhelming, even with everyone fit. Probably the weakest set of attackers we've had in a good while.

Anyone know what happened to Ennis? Was absolutely carrying us then dropped off the face of the earth, admittedly haven't been able to follow the U18s as closely as I'd have liked this season.

Orion.

Anyone know why Fredricson isn't playing at CB?

Is he already considered too good for this lot despite being 17?
Was wondering the same thing - I really like the look of him. Looks like one of the few at this level who has a good chance of a serious career in the game.

AltiUn

Williams gave away 2 free kicks in dangerous areas, got booked and then the ball deflects in off him on the second free kick ... rough few minutes for him :lol:

AltiUn

Williams is all over the place, need to get him off the pitch.

AltiUn

If we keep our composure, remain patient and don’t concede a stupid second goal on the break I think we’ll still win this. Needs Gore and Oyedele to step up.
They've been by far our best players, in fairness.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
It's on MUTV in the UK, can PM you a stream if you like.
Thanks! Please do.

I just put on City and Southampton to see City go down 2-0 against Southampton which helps our prospects in the Caraboe C a lot, but prefer our Youths!

AltiUn

Stoke keeper has been fantastic.

AltiUn

Commentators keep talking about "what we deserve" but we've been woeful.

lysglimt

Scout
Thanks! Please do.

I just put on City and Southampton to see City go down 2-0 against Southampton which helps our prospects in the Caraboe C a lot, but prefer our Youths!
Well normally I would agree with you - but not tonight. A City-defeat would make us huge favourites to pick up a trophy - that is more important than the FA Youth CUp

But I am pretty certain .- that if I check the results in 40-45 minutes - it will say 2-2 or 2-3 after goals from Haaland and DeBruyne

AltiUn

The ball must have been in play for less than 5 minutes this half.

AltiUn

Williams has had an absolute stinker today, an absolute rotter.