The FA Youth Cup thread

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I thought Fitzgerald was very good when he went deeper after FM came off. I’m assuming Williams has had an injury or something because he’s surely our best attacker - thought he’d be starting?

Edit - I just noticed the brilliant pass for the goal was from Fletcher not Scanlon as the commentators said which makes sense! His passing is incredible.

Borninthe80ts

It was a performance more about effort tonight than a team full of goals that we have seen recently.

We have a couple of special ones in Amass and J Fletcher who’s quality played a part in getting the winner through Williams who brought energy and directness.

Two passes from Fletcher jr stood out as top draw and you can see why folk rate him.

lysglimt

Scout
Didn't see the game - but if anyone can explain why we use Musa and Wheatley when we have Williams on the bench - please feel free to do so. I am sure there is a logical explanation - not 100% fit or whatever.....

lysglimt

Scout
It was a performance more about effort tonight than a team full of goals that we have seen recently.

We have a couple of special ones in Amass and J Fletcher who’s quality played a part in getting the winner through Williams who brought energy and directness.

Two passes from Fletcher jr stood out as top draw and you can see why folk rate him.
Have the Fletchers even been in the same match-squad this season ?

Borninthe80ts

I think I saw them play together in about their second game in. Tyler was deeper if I remember, any early impressions of the pair?

I have to echo the sentiments on the wide starters although I can see why you would bring Williams of the bench too. He will guarantee to effect the game late on in comparison to Musa. Think both were used for their height over smaller wide options to see the game out. Maybe.

Gungerz

Didn't see the game - but if anyone can explain why we use Musa and Wheatley when we have Williams on the bench - please feel free to do so. I am sure there is a logical explanation - not 100% fit or whatever.....
Pretty sure Williams is only just back from injury. He got 30 minutes off the bench against Everton at the weekend but his last game before that was over a month ago.

Bojan Djordjic

I've seen a lot of people comment that this might be the best u18 side (presumably at United) that they've ever seen and they're equalling records set by the Class of 92 so hopefully a few of these start breaking through in the next couple of years and it could really help the senior team. By all accounts Elhy Harrison, Amass, J Fletcher and Jayce Fitzgerald all have the minerals for senior football and Shea Lacey is obviously a huge talent too but injured right now. Ibragimov is another big talent by all accounts so plenty to be optimistic for in the future as possibly our only two bright spots in the senior team's season has been the emergence of Kobbie and Garnacho's continued development.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Just twice...they both started against Southampton in the Premier League Cup match on 25th November and then the U/19 EUFA Youth match against Galatasaray on the 29th November.

Jacks games this season:

7th October v Derby County as a sub
21st October v Wolves (PLC)
28th October v Leeds Utd
25th November v Southampton (PLC)
29th November v Galatasaray (UYL)
16th December v Everton
19th December v Derby County (FAYC)

Tylers games this season:

2nd September v Reading as a sub (PLC)
11th November v Blackburn Rovers
25th November v Southampton (PLC)
29th November v Galatasaray (UYL)
2nd December v Wolves as a sub

PS18

100% record in the league at Christmas and progress in both domestic cups is pretty good for a group several people on here were really down on in the summer huh?

Bigsid

What started the skirmish?
100% record in the league at Christmas and progress in both domestic cups is pretty good for a group several people on here were really down on in the summer huh?
Better than previous years but will await us playing top PL sides rather than Championship and League One before judging properly. We struggled in YCL against top opposition so important to be cautious.

In Rainbows

Better than previous years but will await us playing top PL sides rather than Championship and League One before judging properly. We struggled in YCL against top opposition so important to be cautious.
It could simply be that the 2007 generation is much better than the 2006 generation. So could do much better in the ycl when it's more their generation that takes the lead.