Television The Falcon & The Winter Soldier

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Just finished episode 4 last night.

On the whole it's good, nothing spectacular.

I find the two leads a little underwhelming, especially as they're being overshadowed by John Walker and Zemo (the two best characters so far).

The villain (Karli) is awful. Just nothing charismatic or interesting. Such a z-level villain for me.

The action sequences are great, and it's good to see callbacks to wider MCU people we've seen (Sharon Carter, the Doji, Batroc the Leaper) although this gets a little indulgent at times. It's also interesting to see the first iterations of wider MCU lore (Isaiah & Eli, Battlestar as well).

So yea, the best character for me so far is John Walker. The guy playing him is a superb actor. He has nailed that 'smug arrogance verging on crippling insecurity' trait as his character. I loved that slow descent into madness we saw on episode 4.

I'm also largely enjoying Zemo's scenes (although he was much better in Civil War...also his accent is a little funny in this too), and was great seeing him go full Zemo with the purple mask.

I'm hoping the rest of the series is in a similar vein to episode 4 which was the standout so far, as 1-3 were a little plodding and run of the mill.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Honest question…. Do the creators think that all of the ‘This shield is a symbol, it means something’ plays well outside of America? The whole Captain America thing seems to fall on deaf ears, the shield and succession plan was a really stupid thing to hang a whole series on.