The fans made their voice heard during the SuperLeague fiasco and won, it's now time to do it again!

Wayne's World

I and I'm sure at least 99% of this forum and in general Manchester United fans are sick to death of this lowering of the standards of one of the greatest football clubs of all time. We have sinked lower then I think was even possible, all because of leaches in charge of the football club who doesn't give a feck about this club, only in it to make money. However, the Super League showed when the fans rightly stormed the pitch at Old Trafford for the Liverpool game and made their voices heard with the protests, the Glazers responded via Joel Glazer(who has since not showed a bit of care for the football club or made any opportunity to talk to fans since it has blown over.)

This is gone so far past the point of If you are Ole in or Ole out, this is a football club that we grew up loving and it's being dismantled and lowered to expectations that should not be acceptable. We are Man Utd, not Burnley and our history proves we are a club built on winning, not this long term nonsense or playing the "United way/DNA" which doesn't exist anymore.

The fans play such a big part in this, I'm not saying going to Old Trafford protesting and shouting OleOut but it's a case of a man who looks finished and not in a good place in Ole, this isn't fair on him and I have no time for him since I've wanted him gone for nearly over a year but we need to show that we do not want him as a manager anymore and want the best in class. The fans need to up the protests again against this ownership, If it means getting games abandoned, so be it, make this as payback against these owners again and they will soon listen and might sell this football club If things were to turn and they start to lose money again.

It's time to start up the SuperLeague protests but up it by 1000%, this is the fan's club, not some bankers who don't give a flying feck, we need to take it back!

Last edited:

Coops73

I and I'm sure at least 99% of this forum and in general Manchester United fans are sick to death of this lowering of the standards of one of the greatest football clubs of all time. We have sinked lower then I think was even possible, all because of leaches in charge of the football club who doesn't give a feck about this club, only in it to make money. However, the Super League showed when the fans rightly stormed the pitch at Old Trafford for the Liverpool game and made their voices heard with the protests, the Glazers responded via Joel Glazer(who has since not showed a bit of care for the football club or made any opportunity to talk to fans since it has blown over.)

This is gone so far past the point of If you are Ole in or Ole out, this is a football club that we grew up loving and it's being dismantled and lowered to expectations that should not be acceptable. We are Man Utd, not Burnley and our history proves we are a club built on winning, not this long term nonsense or playing the "United way/DNA" which doesn't exist anymore.

The fans play such a big part in this, I'm not saying going to Old Trafford protesting and shouting OleOut but it's a case of a man who looks finished and not in a good place in Ole, this isn't fair on him and I have no time for him since I've wanted him gone for nearly over a year but we need to show that we do want him as a manager anymore and want the best in class. The fans need to up the protests again against this ownership, If it means getting games abandoned, so be it, make this as payback against these owners again and they will soon listen and might sell this football club If things were to turn and they start to lose money again.

It's time to start up the SuperLeague protests but up it by 1000%, this is the fan's club, not some bankers who don't give a flying feck, we need to take it back!
Totally agree and said as much in another thread. It needs to be constant.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Any successful protest like that needs to have a very clear agenda. If it's just "want our club back" it's pointless. What's the list of demands?

For me it would be establishing a footballing structure with roles of full authority overseeing recruitment, contract renewals, sales, managerial and coaching staff hires, and responsible for the long-term vision. The only interference of the money men is to devise a budget.

If the demand is for the cnuts to sell the club, the protests need to pretty much affect their daily lives, and I'm not sure people are up for camping outside their homes. It's unrealistic, much as it would be the fix-all.

The stadium and training ground is another matter.

For me, the main issue is how the footballing side of the club is run.

hobbers

Forget protesting Ole, protest Richard Arnold.

That's the best change we could get, interrupting the transfer of power from Woodward to his fat gormless clone.

Red Star One

Absolutely, fans should be protesting or we’ll be left in the abyss forever. It’s not only about Ole out, even if he has to leave as soon as possible, but also the completely inept management board. I won’t be in Britain in the upcoming weeks so can’t be there myself to make some noise, but would happily chip in if there’s some organized protest, banners, planes flying over Old Trafford.

Atheist

They won't protest - it's hard to come off as "top red" if you're calling for sacking a club legend (even their performance is utter garbage). Blind loyalty appears to be the "United DNA".

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Forget protesting Ole, protest Richard Arnold.

That's the best change we could get, interrupting the transfer of power from Woodward to his fat gormless clone.
+1

Flying high

Now is not the time for protests. Any protest against the manager, simply heaps more pressure on the board at a difficult time when they are clearly struggling to make a decision(to be fair, they expected Ole to be here for the season, and there's no obvious choice for replacement).

Any protest against the glazers right now(I hate them as much as anyone here) will soon be diffused by the sacking of the manager.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
Absolutely, fans should be protesting or we’ll be left in the abyss forever. It’s not only about Ole out, even if he has to leave as soon as possible, but also the completely inept management board. I won’t be in Britain in the upcoming weeks so can’t be there myself to make some noise, but would happily chip in if there’s some organized protest, banners, planes flying over Old Trafford.
This might be your opinion, but you will never persuade a sizeable proportion of the fanbase to agree with you nor campaign alongside you, because when you refer to the 'inept management board' you are in fact making reference to Sir Alex Ferguson. People are still not ready to criticise him, well not publicly and in large numbers.

Look at this excellent article from the Guardian at the weekend:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...d-tactics-solskjaer-ronaldo-city-derby-defeat

Key sentences include these:

“You didn’t have to be Paul Scholes, the toe-sucking seer of Salford, to see what was going to happen. Ole Gunnar Solskjær had United sit deep in the 3-5-2 shape that last week looked as though it might serve as a short-term fix, to keep crisis at bay for another couple of months. City, as they had against a far better-drilled Chelsea side attempting a similar approach, would pick their way between the bollards, dominate the game and win. The level of comfort would not quite be matched by the scoreline because of the visitors’ weird inability to take their chances in certain games. And, lo, it came to pass.

It’s not about the formation, per se. This has worked for United against City before. Prior to last week’s win at Spurs, the last time they started with a back three in a league game was in March 2020, when they beat City 2-0 with a team strikingly similar to Saturday’s line-up. On that occasion, Brandon Williams started at left wing-back with Luke Shaw replacing Eric Bailly in central defence, Nemanja Matic played instead of Scott McTominay and the front two were Dan James and Anthony Martial (although both Bailly and McTominay came on). The system can work.

But what is different now is context. The back three then felt like a specific plan – United had used it a couple of months earlier in losing at Anfield – rather than a desperate spin of the kaleidoscope, hoping for something to take shape. Nobody can believe this is the way United want to play long-term, because to do so would mean only one of Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood and Edinson Cavani is ever going to start. It would also mean there is no place at all for poor Jadon Sancho, whom United pursued for 18 months before finally signing amid understandable excitement for £73m.

What happened to the talk, after José Mourinho was sacked, of appointing a director of football to offer a coherent philosophy?*
Did that just melt away when the decision to give Solskjær the job permanently was made? Was it assumed that nostalgia, which had largely neutralised the Mourinho toxicity, would be enough going forward? What happens next? Is there a plan?
Antonio Conte has slipped through United’s fingers, just as Thomas Tuchel and Mauricio Pochettino did. Indecision reigns, not helped by the instinctive veneration of the past, and the terror of sidelining a club icon. Yet Solskjær used to be adept at setting up teams to defend.
Last season, United kept five clean sheets in the six league games against City, Chelsea and Liverpool. He’s won four of his nine games against Pep Guardiola. That wasn’t the aspect of his management that used to be doubted. So what has changed? Why have United let in seven goals in two home games in a fortnight against Liverpool and City while being embarrassingly outclassed?

The answer is obvious: Cristiano Ronaldo, a player signed at the urging of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ronaldo has no doubt been a major boost to the burgeoning United heritage industry, even to the point of scoring dramatic late goals to offer a reminder of how things used to be. But are the glory days even remotely close to returning? Not with these players, not with this manager, not with this board.”

You are asking the Man Utd. fans to complain about and campaign against their greatest ever manager, who has just helped re-sign one of the world's greatest players and a former Man Utd legend to boot, do you really think that is going to happen?

*Why appoint a Director of Football when you sort of have one on the board already - under the banner of 'Club Ambassador'. But is he the right man for the job as things have moved on so much, in the last decade?