The fear is over…

Ted Lasso

Don’t think they’ll win another CL for a few years. They was very lucky against inter.
If it weren't for the FA charges I'd actually worry they might find a run similar to Madrid. They broke thru the wall very much like the Madrid team.

I mean, it's already 2 finals in 3 years and this team isn't an aging one with their best player(s) itching to leave for Spain.

YankManc

Maybe the new owner will usher in an era of United being back on top, but let’s be honest, United can be valued at 6bn but City is 5 times the club we are right now. We can finish 3rd but City can win the treble the next 3 seasons. If we don’t take care of this change in ownership, then we may be on equal terms in Europe in a hurry.

RedStarUnited

If anything I hope all the top managers watched today and the final last week and saw how “beatable” they are.

NLunited

They will break another record: first side to win treble and get relegated.

Alex_89

Supports
FC Porto
You guys shouldn't be that bothered, seriously.
I'm Porto fan, and i don't support any other club, i'm here because from all the foruns i read is the most neutral one.
I don't think any real football fans that are not 15yo give City any credit.
I has at a dinner watching the game with both Porto and Benfica fans and nobody wanted City to win.
Manchester will always be red, when someone refers to Manchester as a football club, it will allways be United, City will always be only be just City.
Football lost a bit of it's magic today.
Now it's just a matter of time until some Super League comes to reality and we have an american style franchise sport to lose it all.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Arsenal could have stopped them and didn't, we could have stopped them and didn't, Inter could have and didn't. We go again.

RoyKeaneReborn

Same. You'd have thought they just won a standard league match. Couple of cheers at the final whistle then everyone just went about their business. Was the same for the FA cup final too. Soulless.
Any announcement yet when is their "victory parade" in Manchester?

Ours then in 1999 was great. Hope it sucks for them and nobody turns up.

VP

United fans used to call City fans the "bitters" but look at us now.

colombianmancunian

There’s the fear they achieve four Premier League titles in a row.

We seriously need Jassim to finalize business with the leeches and him overhauling the squad ASAP.
If Sir Jim Glazer buys us, city will celebrate it as a quadruple.

Sir Erik ten Hag

City have finally won the Champions League, making it a treble.

We can stop fearing the worst every year that this might be the season they do it.

Albeit that’s a bit tongue in cheek, them eventually winning in Europe was always a fear but now it’s happened…those next wins (there will be much more) won’t be as big as tonight.

Only way for them now is down…….:angel:

EDIT: This more related to the actual Champions League, rather than the treble. It was the only silverware they were missing and I’m sick of going into a season with the ‘Is this City’s year?’ narrative.

It’s happened….eventually. I don’t give a shite what they do now.
The next fear is their back-to-back treble.

Bert_

There’s the fear they achieve four Premier League titles in a row.

We seriously need Jassim to finalize business with the leeches and him overhauling the squad ASAP.
If Sir Jim Glazer buys us, city will celebrate it as a quadruple.
Surely Columbians have something better than glue to sniff.

maximus419

You guys shouldn't be that bothered, seriously.
I'm Porto fan, and i don't support any other club, i'm here because from all the foruns i read is the most neutral one.
I don't think any real football fans that are not 15yo give City any credit.
I has at a dinner watching the game with both Porto and Benfica fans and nobody wanted City to win.
Manchester will always be red, when someone refers to Manchester as a football club, it will allways be United, City will always be only be just City.
Football lost a bit of it's magic today.
Now it's just a matter of time until some Super League comes to reality and we have an american style franchise sport to lose it all.
I suspect you are right. The way money talks, look at golf this week, eventually forced to merge, the PGA tour with LIV, a super League will be born fairly soon.

The question is, do we as ordinary fans, here long before the wealthy, carry on following/supporting this, or do we boycott it or even find another club to follow?

You see, once something becomes just about the money, if they are forced out of their existing domestic leagues, how can fans really get behind it? I couldn't as it would feel like exhibition football, glorified friendly games with the pretence of it being competition, no rivalries, just multi million pound footballers, being treated like royalty for kicking a ball about.

It's arguably going that way without the Super League. Even the Premier League now is a soulless boring competition, especially as more wealthy owners takeover. It's just become their personal play thing. Fans don't matter to them.

dogwithabone

I suppose we had moments of fortune in ‘99 but it isn’t like City are so dominant and in control that others don‘t have a chance. The McTominay and Lukaku chances in injury time can easily change the course of those two games. Quality goes out of the window in extra time and then the lottery of penalties. How many times are a team going to blow an 8 point PL lead to hand it to City ? I thought Inter were the better side last night. I don’t see another treble for City, let alone a quadruple.

Unam333

I am feeling ok, not too gutted to be honest. I was way more gutted when Liverpool won the League and the CL: a proper football club and our real rivals. City are financial cheats and their empty treble can't be compared to our treble. We had so many memorable games during that fairytime season.

croadyman

I am feeling ok, not too gutted to be honest. I was way more gutted when Liverpool won the League and the CL: a proper football club and our real rivals. City are financial cheats and their empty treble can't be compared to our treble. We had so many memorable games during that fairytime season.
Will only ever be empty if they lost it but won't

Andersons Dietician

Looking at the landscape I would not surprised if they do a treble again next year or go one worse and do the quad. Because I don’t think currently there are any teams in Europe you could look at and say yeah they are on par with City. Madrid going through a mini transition, pool as well and we aren’t anywhere near them so could be an awful year next year.

Obviously on any given day anyone can beat anyone or they get a raft of injuries but looking at it I just don’t see the competition for them.

RoyH1

Nobody cares. TV Ratings across Europe for this final are going to be way down when the figures are released.
And yeah they’re going do it again and again but it’s going to be like music or literature done by AI. Technically and algorithmically perfect, unlimited in its scope but soulless.

moodyred

There's still the risk of a quadruple :nervous:

Gotta thank Southampton for stopping that this season.
Liverpool fans think they have won it. Some haven't come back to reality yet.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Man City’s success is far from over. But other teams are catching up and if Pep does leave City then they probably won’t dominate like they’ve done for the past 5 years. But that is a big ‘if’ at this point in time.
Other teams are literally the opposite of catching up, how can you say that at a time when they’re now able to lure the de facto best players in the world into their club, and have the best infrastructure in football to support success?

This was a down year for them - one where they were figuring out a new, incorporative system and still they won the league at a canter and are now going from strength to strength (they’ve gotten stronger during the run-in).

Just as Arsenal’s trajectory leaves you uncertain of what the future holds for them over multiple fronts next season, we can clearly see City are primed and ready to go again, and that will be with a stronger, better squad after summer reinforcements; the gap between them and everybody has never been wider - they are primed to usher in an era of league and CL dominance, which might read weird considering how many league titles they’ve won consecutively.

The only way they can be derailed is via them actually being punished severely for cheating, as they should be, outside of that, they are absolutely in pole position to dominate for the next few years at the very least.

hp88

They will be singing "But you will never win four in row" to us next season... new fear unlocked.

Red Star One

It was less sad than I thought, mainly because they could’ve easily lost either of the finals and it’s ok if they lucked out for once, but surely yesterday’s triumph made me even more opposed to Qatar ownership - felt so hollow and so irrelevant.

siw2007

Other teams are literally the opposite of catching up, how can you say that at a time when they’re now able to lure the de facto best players in the world into their club, and have the best infrastructure in football to support success?

This was a down year for them - one where they were figuring out a new, incorporative system and still they won the league at a canter and are now going from strength to strength (they’ve gotten stronger during the run-in).

Just as Arsenal’s trajectory leaves you uncertain of what the future holds for them over multiple fronts next season, we can clearly see City are primed and ready to go again, and that will be with a stronger, better squad after summer reinforcements; the gap between them and everybody has never been wider - they are primed to usher in an era of league and CL dominance, which might read weird considering how many league titles they’ve won consecutively.

The only way they can be derailed is via them actually being punished severely for cheating, as they should be, outside of that, they are absolutely in pole position to dominate for the next few years at the very least.
City will be hard to stop in the next few years. But the premier league is getting richer and richer and the standard is getting higher all the time. Last season did show that more and more teams are capable of taking points off them than before. The problem will be European football which the standard isn’t as high which paves way for them to match our trophy hall very quickly.

When it comes to signings, it could prove to be diminishing returns. They’ve got a pretty awesome team as it is and there probably aren’t that many players that can improve them drastically. I think it’s more likely that good signings from other clubs will improve them more than what City can find.

Im also not convinced City are going to be blown wide open by any charges. Their owners are too powerful and too wealthy to allow their investment to go down the drain. The league won’t want their image to be totally tarnished either by stripping any titles. I imagine there may become an acceptance that City have cheated the system alongside fines and embargo, this is the best case scenario.