The Fifth Redcafe Sheep Draft QF - Enigma_87 vs. 2mufc0

Who would win in the following draft game with all players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moby

Dick
He was alright at one point and was double pick so Lahm was the priority anyway...
No I understand it would never be anyone's preference but he really hurts your team badly there, being in such a critical position on the pitch. He's the reason why Bayern lost the Champions League final at their own homeground to that fecking Chelsea team which is up there with the most embarrassing list of events in the game's history. One of the last names I'd ever think of putting out in a big game let alone an all time GOATfest. That whole him vs Baresi talk was really unbelievable.

I don't know what your squad was but if you had someone else to play in Kalle's role I would have simply put him up front - a complete devastating forward who could actually give Baresi a runaround.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I was expecting Kalle to play CF to be honest.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Who made the final vote?

I guess the result is fair since the difference in keeper should account for something as well
I'm sure it did in-game. It certainly was a big part of my decision. Maybe not as much as it should, granted, thus better than penos.

Yeah I didn't want to post too much as I wasn't playing but the baresi will be nullified by fecking gomez shit by @antohan was laughable.
His theory basically applies to every big lump of shite that's ever played as a target man like Emile Heskey. Absolute nonsense.
Stick smalling up top if you want to nullify Beckenbauer /antohan(probably)
Bellends.

I was explaining Krol vs. Carvajal was a direct confrontation while Mario Gómez vs Ronaldo wasn't. Then making a comment about how the match ups were probably working in many people's heads.

As soon as I saw Enigma quoting me as making a great point I told him it didn't make sense.

Last edited:

antohan

Unlucky @Enigma_87 it was a very solid team and it was hard to see past it at first glance. Gómez was an instant invitation to reconsider and, digging deeper, the CB pair was far from ideal.

Well played @2mufc0, proper thick-skinned resilience on display.

Enigma_87

You know who
No I understand it would never be anyone's preference but he really hurts your team badly there, being in such a critical position on the pitch. He's the reason why Bayern lost the Champions League final at their own homeground to that fecking Chelsea team which is up there with the most embarrassing list of events in the game's history. One of the last names I'd ever think of putting out in a big game let alone an all time GOATfest. That whole him vs Baresi talk was really unbelievable.

I don't know what your squad was but if you had someone else to play in Kalle's role I would have simply put him up front - a complete devastating forward who could actually give Baresi a runaround.
I tried with Ortiz as a RWF the game before but no one really shown any interest in him, albeit I tried to bring him up multiple times in the previous game. So I'd have a relatively unknown RWF, my second best player in attack in Kalle directly against Baresi and only to bang on for Cruyff against Carvajal.

I had two weapons up front Cruyff and Kalle. Putting Kalle up against Baresi directly was a no go for me if I was to have a chance to win this one. Even if you have Romario against Baresi (mainly due to 94 WC) you can count on the latter to neutralize him and you would really lose him as an advantage up front, which was obviously something I didn't want to entertain.

So yeah that was my best team right there, obviously if I had 1 pick going through instead of 2nd or 3rd options it would be different but it's how things are with sheep drafts...

Enigma_87

You know who
As soon as I saw Enigma quoting me as making a great point I told him it didn't make sense.
I didn't want to entertain it in details as I wanted to steer away from Gomez being a talking point for obvious reasons. I just quoted the point as in the role I was playing Gomez in - basically being a target man in the box and entertaining Baresi whilst leaving space for my two wing forwards.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I didn't want to entertain it in details as I wanted to steer away from Gomez being a talking point for obvious reasons. I just quoted the point as in the role I was playing Gomez in - basically being a target man in the box and entertaining Baresi whilst leaving space for my two wing forwards.
Shame you didn't have an AM to chip in like 2mufc did.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Not fair at all, I had plenty of people criticising my team, it came to a point where I gave up responding during the last few pages because there were too many. One guy voted against me because Varela and Modric were the wrong way round.

Enigma_87

You know who
Not fair at all, I had plenty of people criticising my team, it came to a point where I gave up responding during the last few pages because there were too many. One guy voted against me because Varela and Modric were the wrong way round.
Nah, I enjoyed the discussion really. Good game and really tense at the end.

As always you end up trading some punches to promote your team, but apart from those wing backs (and as anto said Modric/Junior) can't really fault @2mufc0 - he has built a great spine and a great team, and as shown in the last game against Invistatic does a great job at defending his choices.

antohan

I understand, have no issue with that, just the silly carry on from Moby and MJJ.

Not sure how you took that comment as criticism.

Re: Modric and Varela I made a similar point last game with your other midfielders. With Junior playmaking from left there's a case for your playmaking CM to be on the right. I personally thought it was more important to have Varela right here from a defensive standpoint but can see why someone would see it differently.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Nah, I enjoyed the discussion really. Good game and really tense at the end.

As always you end up trading some punches to promote your team, but apart from those wing backs (and as anto said Modric/Junior) can't really fault @2mufc0 - he has built a great spine and a great team, and as shown in the last game against Invistatic does a great job at defending his choices.
Same to you mate, enjoyed the debate. You know what you are talking about and good with the tactics, so was a good challenge. And technically you didn't lose the game.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I understand, have no issue with that, just the silly carry on from Moby and MJJ.

Not sure how you took that comment as criticism.

Re: Modric and Varela I made a similar point last game with your other midfielders. With Junior playmaking from left there's a case for your playmaking CM to be on the right. I personally thought it was more important to have Varela right here from a defensive standpoint but can see why someone would see it differently.
Wasn't aimed at you @antohan atleast you followed up your posts and expanded and I enjoy and learn from your tactical insights as with oneniltothearsenal last game, it was the main reason I changed up the midfield and brought in Varela.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I have to say I intended to vote for 2mufc0 as well but was out drinking and didn't get to charge me phone. And like Moby, the reason was Gomez. Like how Brazil 82 was so frustrated how attacks died with Serginho I can also see Cruyff frustrated as attacks go to the Gomez graveyard.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I tried with Ortiz as a RWF the game before but no one really shown any interest in him, albeit I tried to bring him up multiple times in the previous game. So I'd have a relatively unknown RWF, my second best player in attack in Kalle directly against Baresi and only to bang on for Cruyff against Carvajal.
I am finding myself always preferring to try to sell a lesser known player - even if the efforts don't pay off right away - rather than just going with a post 2000s player that we all know is not top tier. Ortiz is one of those hidden gems from that Copa round that really has flown under the radar. I think we still have a lot of those generational greats to build out their stories more. Some of you have done marvelous work with the most well known, but at the one tier below GOAT we still have some players to explore more imo.

I have a few ideas for @Edgar Allan Pillow NPC challenge if that goes through that I think could be a fun (and fast) draft.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I am finding myself always preferring to try to sell a lesser known player - even if the efforts don't pay off right away - rather than just going with a post 2000s player that we all know is not top tier. Ortiz is one of those hidden gems from that Copa round that really has flown under the radar. I think we still have a lot of those generational greats to build out their stories more. Some of you have done marvelous work with the most well known, but at the one tier below GOAT we still have some players to explore more imo.

I have a few ideas for @Edgar Allan Pillow NPC challenge if that goes through that I think could be a fun (and fast) draft.
Did you have any ideas about the FM Legends Draft?