The general attitude of our players

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Can confirm I have only listened to him a few times and I know more about him being racist than his music. How could you not especially if you browse social media a lot.

And no, I didnt mean to blame the players. Its just a shame for them in relation to their images. Rashford especially since he had made headlines around the world for doing something very good, only to have news/tweets written about him about posing with a racist. Its not right and should be avoided. We know how the media works, they know.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'd gladly take picture with a player who had sex with his brother's wife for years, or with player who made racist comment or biting others on field.

But then I'm not a public figure well known all over the world.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Who gives a ****.

Rashford didn't say anything that the rapper did, he might have not even known that the rapper said the things he did because I didn't either.

Some people just want to complain and opportunities they get - they are in to social media just as much as the footballers.

phelans shorts

I didn't say that.

I said he's now infamous for being banned on social media because of anti-Semitic ranting.

And - I might add - to people who aren't that familiar with his music, he probably is more famous for the anti-Semitic stuff. It was widely reported when he was first banned from Twitter, etc. And it was widely reported again when he - which is pretty remarkable - managed to get himself banned all over again last month.

As I understand it, he's been struggling to get gigs, getting boycotted, etc. That's potentially relevant in this context - posing with him, after a job, could easily be taken as an endorsement of sorts, rather than just randomly running into the man.

I'm not some cancel culture fanatic - very far from it. Just pointing out what's obvious.
As I said in that original post, he isn’t getting gigs, that’s good and a sign that people who need to (ie booking the shows) aren’t standing for his crap. I had no idea he’d been back at it recently until this very post, and that’s as someone who spends far too much time on the likes of Twitter, so it clearly hasn’t had the breakthrough you’re mentioning.

This is clearly just a case of two lads being in Dubai and one of the most influential (hell he got an MBE for his music not long ago) people in the UK rap scene was playing a gig, so they went along. They didn’t check to see if he’d been up to nonsense, then somebody (we don’t even know whether it was him or them) has asked for a photo together.

It’s a non story now Marcus has said what he had to

UpWithRivers

As I said in that original post, he isn’t getting gigs, that’s good and a sign that people who need to (ie booking the shows) aren’t standing for his crap. I had no idea he’d been back at it recently until this very post, and that’s as someone who spends far too much time on the likes of Twitter, so it clearly hasn’t had the breakthrough you’re mentioning.

This is clearly just a case of two lads being in Dubai and one of the most influential (hell he got an MBE for his music not long ago) people in the UK rap scene was playing a gig, so they went along. They didn’t check to see if he’d been up to nonsense, then somebody (we don’t even know whether it was him or them) has asked for a photo together.

It’s a non story now Marcus has said what he had to
Its not a non story though is it. Its everywhere. Just because Marcus has said 'My Bad' doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't have done it. Just like he shouldn't be taking pictures with Putin, Kim Jong-un or a Harvey Weinstein cut out. Maybe you're a dreamer. And you're not the only one. No greed or hunger and the lads can do what they want for shts and giggles. Maybe they should. It would be a beautiful world without social media. But it just doesnt work like that. Does it.

phelans shorts

Its not a non story though is it. Its everywhere. Just because Marcus has said 'My Bad' doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't have done it. Just like he shouldn't be taking pictures with Putin, Kim Jong-un or a Harvey Weinstein cut out. Maybe you're a dreamer. And you're not the only one. No greed or hunger and the lads can do what they want for shts and giggles. Maybe they should. It would be a beautiful world without social media. But it just doesnt work like that. Does it.
I’ll be honest here, I haven’t a fecking clue what you’re on about, and please don’t quote one of the worst songs of all time at me.

Wiley has said some horrific stuff, but it isn’t the first thing that jumps to mind when his name is mentioned, unlike your examples here. It’s only a story because people keep talking about it, which they needn’t because there’s literally nothing to it. People at the club have had pictures taken with Ryan Giggs in the last couple of years, which should be more prominent than this given he’s both a shithead AND in their sphere of influence, but nothing is made of that. Just like nothing is made of them fawning over and playing with somebody with horrible accusations above their head, this deserves the exact same level of attention that those actually get.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
...and please don’t quote one of the worst songs of all time at me.
:lol:

Anyway - as the poster you quoted suggests, this is about being (social) media savvy more than anything. I don't think anyone seriously entertains the idea that Rashford/Lingard posed for that picture because they support his anti-Semitic conspiracy agenda.

The fact that you personally hadn't noticed the recent developments is really quite irrelevant, though - it certainly was very much a thing on Twitter, etc.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
:lol:

Anyway - as the poster you quoted suggests, this is about being (social) media savvy more than anything. I don't think anyone seriously entertains the idea that Rashford/Lingard posed for that picture because they support his anti-Semitic conspiracy agenda.

The fact that you personally hadn't noticed the recent developments is really quite irrelevant, though - it certainly was very much a thing on Twitter, etc.
I can imagine that a lot of the players don't really deal with Twitter, so that they don't have to read all that stuff about themselves.

It is quite easy to believe that they were actually unaware of that discussion.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It is quite easy to believe that they were actually unaware of that discussion.
Yes, that's possible. Or for that matter, that they were aware of it - but just forgot about it there and then. Who knows.

As said above, though - in this day and age you have to be very careful. If you aren't, you can easily end up in a shitstorm over being seen buying a pack of crisps.

I don't like the world we're living in one bit - but there you go.

I hear more stuff about contracts, clothing brands, incidents outside the pitch, fan protests against more and more absurd upper decisions like idea to drop from Champions League to join Superleague... everything but not actual football and competing like any other healthy sport institution.

I don't think Redcafe is a toxic place because after SAF retired something did changed fundamentally in the club and as bad things going on piled up, negativity was slowly starting becoming a norm and it's clearly affecting fanbase, I see that in myself, I was quite different type of poster before football started to be just a small appetizer to countless distractions and stuff like somebody's contract or his weird private life.

Its just not fun anymore. Even our match days are filled with uncertainty when players doesn't care while being rewarded with constant raise through new contracts. There are less and less things to root for.
Split this post off from the Greenwood thread because I didn't want to derail...but I agree completely. Still love the club but it's been apparent for a while that we've amassed a really, really unlikeable set of players. Obviously what Greenwood has done is on another level to the others, it's not even up for comparison...but even setting him aside into a category of his own, we've got a squad full of players who are far more interested in branding and off-field business/reputation, who are unmotivated, egotistical yet soft as Andrex, who just really don't seem to care...a very hard to like group.

There are exceptions of course, but it's a rotten squad. We should use this incident - as well as finally having a competent recruitment team - as a jumping off point to completely tear it up and start again. Lingard obviously gone. Shaw, who's extremely talented, I'd lose him too for the consistently wavering motivation over many years. AWB of course gone. There's been a lot of talk from well connected writers about Rashford....Andy Mitten ("Rashford is a strange character, there's a lot of chatter about his real attitude off the pitch." "I really don't know if he has a long-term future at the club.") and Samuel Luckhurst implying that Rashford's entourage sends him abusive emails after criticism. He should be one of the first out the door. It also shouldn't be accepted that Rashford - or any player/their team - leaks stories to the press. Rashford did it last year with his injuries, this year with his masturbatory PR piece a few weeks ago. Probably more we don't know about. He's also one of the few who'd command a really good fee. Henderson, Martial, Maguire, Pogba all easy sells/releases too.

We're not winning anything anyway. No downside to ripping it up and starting afresh, trying to build a likeable group of winners. Liverpool had a similar situation pre-Benitez and pre-Klopp. Barca have done it a couple of times in the recent past. Both Milan sides have done it recently. Knowing us though, we'll likely trundle on with what we have, throw out some fat new contracts to leopards that we're hoping will finally change their spots, while adding a couple of marquee signings who'll soon have the life sucked out of them by our toxic group.

Seriously..just imagine how terrible things must be for Ronaldo to come in and within a couple of months he's openly telling supporters how toxic the squad is and how bad the mentalities of our players are. And the reaction from fans was to debate it and question him, instead of believing what they've seen with their own eyes? Crazy.

KeanoMagicHat

We're not winning anything anyway. No downside to ripping it up and starting afresh, trying to build a likeable group of winners. Liverpool had a similar situation pre-Benitez and pre-Klopp. Barca have done it a couple of times in the recent past. Both Milan sides have done it recently. Knowing us though, we'll likely trundle on with what we have, throw out some fat new contracts to leopards that we're hoping will finally change their spots, while adding a couple of marquee signings who'll soon have the life sucked out of them by our toxic group.

Seriously..just imagine how terrible things must be for Ronaldo to come in and within a couple of months he's openly telling supporters how toxic the squad is and how bad the mentalities of our players are. And the reaction from fans was to debate it and question him, instead of believing what they've seen with their own eyes? Crazy.
I think it's more that Ronaldo is hardly faultless in the team's problems and the general team spirit himself with his ego, tantrums over being taken off and his overbearing personality. Ronaldo is hardly the easiest player to get on with. It's not a united squad and the Ronaldo signing added more issues.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think it's more that Ronaldo is hardly faultless in the team's problems and the general team spirit himself with his ego, tantrums over being taken off and his overbearing personality. Ronaldo is hardly the easiest player to get on with. It's not a united squad and the Ronaldo signing added more issues.
Just to add to this, it's not like Ronaldo hasn't got some very heavy allegations made against him in the past.

I think we need to use this summer to tear up the floorboards and replace the foundations. We need to start from scratch, if that means more years in the wilderness then so be it.

KeanoMagicHat

Just to add to this, it's not like Ronaldo hasn't got some very heavy allegations made against him in the past.

I think we need to use this summer to tear up the floorboards and replace the foundations. We need to start from scratch, if that means more years in the wilderness then so be it.
Yep, Ronaldo got off on a technicality essentially, I wouldn't be talking about him too much as a shining example on anything to do with this subject.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Split this post off from the Greenwood thread because I didn't want to derail...but I agree completely. Still love the club but it's been apparent for a while that we've amassed a really, really unlikeable set of players. Obviously what Greenwood has done is on another level to the others, it's not even up for comparison...but even setting him aside into a category of his own, we've got a squad full of players who are far more interested in branding and off-field business/reputation, who are unmotivated, egotistical yet soft as Andrex, who just really don't seem to care...a very hard to like group.

There are exceptions of course, but it's a rotten squad. We should use this incident - as well as finally having a competent recruitment team - as a jumping off point to completely tear it up and start again. Lingard obviously gone. Shaw, who's extremely talented, I'd lose him too for the consistently wavering motivation over many years. AWB of course gone. There's been a lot of talk from well connected writers about Rashford....Andy Mitten ("Rashford is a strange character, there's a lot of chatter about his real attitude off the pitch." "I really don't know if he has a long-term future at the club.") and Samuel Luckhurst implying that Rashford's entourage sends him abusive emails after criticism. He should be one of the first out the door. It also shouldn't be accepted that Rashford - or any player/their team - leaks stories to the press. Rashford did it last year with his injuries, this year with his masturbatory PR piece a few weeks ago. Probably more we don't know about. He's also one of the few who'd command a really good fee. Henderson, Martial, Maguire, Pogba all easy sells/releases too.

Ronaldo in 2004, despite being the most talented youngster had quite uneasy life at training grounds, but in the end he showed Keane, Giggs and Ruud he's football level that can only be reached by likes of Messi. His character was forged by absolute best and when he re-entered Carrington in 2021 I imagine he probably witnessed first adult kindergarten in his life.

In fact here's factual picture of United's first squad members greeting Ronaldo back in United.

I have no words for some of our players, especially after today's breaking news. De Gea's quote after Liverpool game: 'We play like kids' was very nicely put for current situation.

I assume Ralf appointed psychologist for himself. Absolute cespool and shouldn't be called Manchester United.

lex talionis

The rot is deep. It’s tempting to overstate the case, but it can be safely said there’s a character problem throughout the squad. Of course not every player though. As Ralf and whoever is brought in as manager begins their work this summer, an important part of their work has to involve restoring character to the squad.

If Liverpool or supporters of other clubs come on here and have a go at United on account of the shambolic state of the character of our squad, please keep the piling on at a reasonable level.

Chairman Steve

I don’t think it’s a problem exclusive to Utd. I would say it’s potentially widespread throughout English football.

The culture that seemingly has been created shouldn’t exist, where you can live out your teenage fantasy of being a hotshot footballer, feck everything that moves, earn a VERY excessive amount of money, be loved by the club supporters and agents tell you you’re the greatest… means you do get idiots who think they’re above the law and have no responsibility for the consequences they carry out.

”I play for United and therefore you should feck me, and feck you if you object to that”

God knows how many cases like Greenwood have happened over the years. I would love a system where these kids are humbled into doing real world stuff and pulled out kicking and screaming from the dream world they live in, where responsibility doesn’t exist and everyone should fall down on the ground for them. It would also benefit them in the long run when the time does come when they have to retire and enter the real world and it’s a huge shock to the system to them.

UpWithRivers

I don’t think it’s a problem exclusive to Utd. I would say it’s potentially widespread throughout English football. society

The culture that seemingly has been created shouldn’t exist, where you can live out your teenage fantasy of being a hotshot footballer, feck everything that moves, earn a VERY excessive amount of money, be loved by the club supporters and agents tell you you’re the greatest… means you do get idiots who think they’re above the law and have no responsibility for the consequences they carry out.

”I play for United and therefore you should feck me, and feck you if you object to that”

God knows how many cases like Greenwood have happened over the years. I would love a system where these kids are humbled into doing real world stuff and pulled out kicking and screaming from the dream world they live in, where responsibility doesn’t exist and everyone should fall down on the ground for them. It would also benefit them in the long run when the time does come when they have to retire and enter the real world and it’s a huge shock to the system to them.
Totally agree but should read society. All the politicians thinking they can party but everyone else should be on lockdown. The musicians. The Prince Andrews and the rest of them. It goes on and on. There is a class of super rich that just does whatever they fkn please.

AndySmith1990

I'm feeling totally disillusioned with United at the moment. Putting up with years of incompetent management is one thing, but now it feels like we have a group of utter bellends and scum bags in the team

clarkydaz

I'm feeling totally disillusioned with United at the moment. Putting up with years of incompetent management is one thing, but now it feels like we have a group of utter bellends and scum bags in the team
i was thinking this a few days ago, the club seemed to have spawned little monsters, like gremlins being fed after midnight and multiplying. Thats before today broke

Corridor of Uncertainty

How are today's events and the actions of an absolute scum bag anyway a reflection of the rest of his teammates?

We've had some annoying shits at this club but this is next level. I even saw a comment in the main thread dragging Maguires name into it, ridiculous.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I hope MG is an outlier, while the others might be overpaid primadonnas who prefer to do tiktok dances and go to Dubai, I would hope they aren't degenerate human beings.

DizeeGorilla20

How are today's events and the actions of an absolute scum bag anyway a reflection of the rest of his teammates?

We've had some annoying shits at this club but this is next level. I even saw a comment in the main thread dragging Maguires name into it, ridiculous.
I think it just adds to the overall dislike of this group.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy

You’d bet a lot of his teammates have sent him messages of support. I would even bet he’s boasted to some of them about it before.

lost7

If that is true, wtf

MacarisSocks

Sink the ship to clear the rats... This club is rotten and needs a purge, hope Ralph can do it.

AshRK

We have some dislikable cnuts. If I had started following football today, United would be a team to hate.

Red_toad

Piece of shit scumbags do boast about assaulting women.
Yes and they get called out by civilised people. I'm 100% certain that there's numerous people at United who wouldn't be listening to anything like that. You're smearing the entire squad for the actions of an individual. Go have a word with yourself.

predator

Youth NITK

Agree.

It's a shit day for the club but it was one completely out of the clubs hands. So many on here seem to relish the opportunity to have a go at the board, the players, the manager etc. It's absolutely draining to read so much negativity.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Yes and they get called out by civilised people are them. I'm 100% certain that there's numerous people at United who wouldn't be listening to anything like that. You're smearing the entire squad for the actions of an individual. Go have a word with yourself.
I’m not. I made assumptions based on precedents about the general behaviour of abusers and actions of those closest to them.

salfordlad

We have the likes of Mata, Matic, De Gea, Fred, McTominay, Dalot, Telles, Varane, Lindelof and a few others, so there are some solid lads in the squad. Unfortunately they aren't the Keano type that would throttle some of these spoiled and pampered nobody's who haven't won a damned thing and straighten them out. It all goes back to the owners and Woodward constantly rewarding mediocrity.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Oh come off it you lot. Talk about the club's potential complicity in this situation if you like - perhaps they're not emphasising the right values, covering up and glossing over things they shouldn't. Makes you wonder how it all works behind the scenes.

But let's not try to pretend we know anything about the real dressing room politics, attitudes etc and drag players' names through the Greenwood mud or back some random fecking guy who runs a fanzine's word about imagined attitude issues. There's been enough pointless fecking negativity about the players in recent weeks and today of all days this is not necessary. Talk about the guy who's been arrested or the club who've developed him, not the lads who so far as we know have absolutely nothing to do with this situation.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
We have some dislikable cnuts. If I had started following football today, United would be a team to hate.
Absolutely.

And not in the way every team wants to be hated, like United of the late nineties and early two thousands.

We seem to lack everything Fergie stands for. Integrity, character, will to win. It’s all gone.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

That was one of the dumbest posts in that thread, and that's quite a feat, as it was a steaming shitheap of a thread.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I don’t know whom it’s aimed at but not discussing Mason Greenwood on the main United forum looks horrific. Are we supposed to just pretend feck all happened. Wisen the feck up and open a thread where discussion can be had about domestic abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.