The I cant believe we haven't been linked with X player thread

RedStarUnited

Simple thread - Name a player you think would suit us/solve a problem within the squad that we simply haven't been linked with.

I will go first, Ruben Neves. Young (22), premiership experience and technically sound. We badly need another CM and we are chasing Longstaff.

Fosu-Mens

Simple thread - Name a player you think would suit us/solve a problem within the squad that we simply haven't been linked with.

I will go first, Ruben Neves. Young (22), premiership experience and technically sound. We badly need another CM and we are chasing Longstaff.
Florian Grillitsch: CDM/CM. Controlling midfielder that can control the game in a similar way as Carrick did. Can also play Left back and given that he has played under Nagelsmann he should be tactically competent.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
As already said, generally can't believe we haven't been linked with controlling midfielders.

BootsyCollins

Salah, Mane, Fabinho, Gundogan.
Since journos make up 90% off it for clicks, if i was one i would make up some juicy rumors at least.
”United in for SHOCKING £200m deal for Mane”

On the real, i cant belive we have not been linked (maybe more) with Veratti.

poleglass red

all joking aside and I've been saying this for a while, bring Scholesy back out of retirement. His passing is still top notch and at 44 we could easily get 6 more seasons if we play him with a more mobile mid partner.

Blind

Sander Berge, a tall, elegant deep lying playmaker/holding midfielder with potential who would cost significantly less than Longstaff. Not to mention he's Norwegian.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

ha ha when you said Young (I thought you meant Ashley)...

Fosu-Mens

Sander Berge, a tall, elegant deep lying playmaker/holding midfielder with potential who would cost significantly less than Longstaff. Not to mention he's Norwegian.
Only if his task is to to be a destroyer. His ability on the ball is limited and struggles when pressed.
Calling him a playmaker is completely wrong.

Luke1995

I can't believe we haven't been linked with James Maddison... when he was at Norwich. If we had a good scouting system, surely would have identified him.

Alemar

Casemiro, Kante, Neves. We need a DM as badly as it gets

HD7

+Neves, Ndidi(Rice)

If we buy Neves and Ndidi(Rice) to play with Pogba in the midfield engine room... it sure seems more logical than Bruno F and Longstaff...
You have the maestro who can decide to slower or make the tempo quicker, the defensive midfielder who has a lot of stamina and Pogba well protected to do his magic. For me if we did buy Ndidi(Rice), Neves, Maguire and blend the young talented crop in the first team... we sure would give City a race for their money. Expensive transfers but needed. Add Sancho next summer and Boom.

Last edited:

jesperjaap

Upamecano & Ascacibar, two very good young players for two problem positions and sure we would have plenty of change from £100m for the pair of them. Right wingers I sadly cant really think of any

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
I mentioned Josh King as a potential Lukaku replacement and am surprised it hasn't been rumoured. PL proven, energetic and pacey, came through United academy and is Norweigan for the Solskjaer link.

I'm also surprised whether it would have legs or not that journalists haven't tried to push the idea of a Zaha back to United (can get him cheaper than anyone else with the 25% clause) with Greenwood going to Palace on loan to develop with guaranteed regular minutes.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Will repeat myself but Zieliński of Napoli. I mean with all the the names of CMs we've been linked with.

Gopher Brown

all joking aside and I've been saying this for a while, bring Scholesy back out of retirement. His passing is still top notch and at 44 we could easily get 6 more seasons if we play him with a more mobile mid partner.
So definitely not Matic then.

Ekeke

If we're being linked with a £50 million move for Longstaff, I'd imagine we'd be linked with £200 million moves for Neves

NoPace

David Brooks
Diogo Jota
Thomas Partey
I bet Jota would cost an insane fee but he seems like a potentially interesting fit for the #10 role in the system we're playing, since it seems to be more about pressing and basically being a 2nd striker than playmaking and such.