The Incredible Sulk – also known as Marcus Rashford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salford_Red83

Just confidence issue. He is an elite footballer. He scored 30 goals last season irrelevant of the fact that it was a purple patch. He has been consistently world class since his debut in 2015. These threads are no good.
He is an elite footballer.
He absolutely is not.

He scored 30 goals last season irrelevant of the fact that it was a purple patch.
It is relevant that it was a purple patch. His level is way, way below what he showed last season. He's now reverted to type and actually this is a few levels below that.

He has been consistently world class since his debut in 2015.
The only thin he's been consistent at is fluctuating between shocking and not so shocking performances. He's anything but world class and it's starting to get noticed by the wider footballing community

These threads are no good.
They are absolutely needed to make sure people don't forget just how much of a chancer this guy is.

Manncunian

A classic example of what happens when young promising footballers are given too much money, power and influence within a team too early. It’s corrupted his mind and now he’s an egotistical maniac who believes himself to be above even the club of Manchester United.

Lazy, entitled, and petulant.

Flying high

I'm not one to criticise players often. In fact, I think the criticism of Rashford has been way over the top this season. Even when he runs constantly through a match he's hammered for being lazy(Luton, for example), and that must get to you as a player.

But there's no excuse for the showing yesterday. He should have been hooked after 5 minutes just for the look on his face.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
A classic example of what happens when young promising footballers are given too much money, power and influence within a team too early. It’s corrupted his mind and now he’s an egotistical maniac who believes himself to be above even the club of Manchester United.

Lazy, entitled, and petulant.
Crikey, you must know him really well!

Fooza

Whats the surprise really?

I've been saying it for years him and martial have been inconsistent since theyve been at the club and will never be an elite player, it's only because our board and owners are so inept that weve kept these players for years. We will only move forward as a club when we get a team of players who are consistent week in week out, year in year out. Simple as, rashford ain't that.

I knew last season was not going to be continued, he ain't fooling me. Maybe he will have another good season followed by rubbish seasons. That's marcus rashford folks...

Oscar Bonavena

Sure, he had a purple patch for José then downed tools. He then had a purple patch for Ole and then downed tools. Now for ETH he had a great purple patch and has now downed tools.

But yeah, it’s entirely on ETH.
I don't think any reasonable fan is blaming ETH for Rashford being shit, as he's been shit for most of his United career bar a couple of "purple patches".

But ETH can be blamed if he continually picks him to start.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He is an elite footballer.
He absolutely is not.

He scored 30 goals last season irrelevant of the fact that it was a purple patch.
It is relevant that it was a purple patch. His level is way, way below what he showed last season. He's now reverted to type and actually this is a few levels below that.

He has been consistently world class since his debut in 2015.
The only thin he's been consistent at is fluctuating between shocking and not so shocking performances. He's anything but world class and it's starting to get noticed by the wider footballing community

These threads are no good.
They are absolutely needed to make sure people don't forget just how much of a chancer this guy is.
:wenger::lol::drool:

siw2007

My take is that Rashford is a bit of a fair weather player. When he is fully fit, when he is assured in what he is doing, when the team is playing well or even when things like his personal life is going well, he shows his best form. But unfortunately, when some of these things are a little off, he completely loses the plot which is what I think has happened again. This is not an issue of his talent, it always been there and he has it in abundance, it’s an issue of mentality, the desire and the love of the game.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He started on the right wing today, that's on the manager.
Its on both. I've defended Rashford before and I think it's pointless picking him there when you know he'll be ineffective.

His effort level though is absolutely embarrassing. If he starts the next game then that IS on Ten Hag because no manager on earth should be picking players who effectively insult them with the performance they put in. Martial was also no better.

Rashford has been off it all season but last night was another level. He visibly wasn't even interested in trying.

Vernon Philander

He was never that good. This upteenth downturn has finally woken people up to this fact.

The delusion went as far as making excuses for him not being good as striker. Striker ffs.

Manncunian

Sorry, where is my staunch defence? :lol:
Mocking those who are criticising him for one thing.

And in the match day thread for the Everton game you said:

Rashford will come good, awful this season but it'll click.
So maybe less a staunch defence, but more a crystal ball where you can confidently predict the future form of a player and assure us all he is better than what the evidence suggests. I’d call it blind faith.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Mocking those who are criticising him for one thing.

And in the match day thread for the Everton game you said:

So maybe less a staunch defence, but more a crystal ball where you can confidently predict the future form of a player and assure us all he is better than what the evidence suggests. I’d call it blind faith.
:lol: I'm mocking you seemingly knowing his character so well. It was just a little joke. No need for us to fall out. :D

Have I said anything else to staunchly defend him (genuine question, I don't remember)? Or just suggested that I think he will be okay long term (after saying he has been awful :lol: what an acolyte I must be)? You know me as well as you know Rashford it seems. Funny how you just assumed I 'staunchly defend' Rashford when you don't know who I am.

Happy to let you have the last word on this, as this is a boring conversation for everyone else reading.

Re yesterday: absolutely shocking from Rashford, he needs taking out of the team to rediscover something. His lack of effort must infuriate his team mates.

Last edited:

ayushreddevil9

Okay i agree with this

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Tin foil hat on but I personally believe Rashford holds a certain sway over this club and have done for a couple of years now. Even to the extent of something minor like the club favouring him because he’s one of our own.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he was heavily involved in the Ronaldo drama last season and the apparent divide within the team.
The first paragraph I can just about believe, maybe, if only because the club probably have marketing deals attached to him.

The second paragraph fully earns you the tin foil hat.

90 + 5min

What is it with this kid/man child?

I refuse to call Marcus a mature grown man because he doesn’t act like one.

Does he not realize what an absolutely privileged position he is in to be wearing the shirt of Manchester United, and representing our club?

Once again he decided to throw his toys out of the pram because he was asked to play on the right wing instead of his favoured left wing position.

I’m sick and tired of his stinking attitude.
This is not football related. If it is we would see the usual trying to go between 4 players, only to hit the first one like hitting a wall. We would at least see some good pass. We would not see 98% av time a player that seem to be down, seem to not wanting to play football. Seem to be somewhere else. This has happen before. You could see that even after Everton penalty last week he wasn't there. No real emotion when scoring. Nothing. He has never been a great goalscorer except 2 or 3 seasons but at least had a smile. He wanted something. Not always but for most part.

There is something going on in his head that needs to be adressed by professionals. So my advice for him would be to see a psychologist. Forget football. If he doesn't feel well he needs to get some help with that.

RedDevilQuebecois

feck him. feck his arrogant lazy petulant self absorbed ego and piss poor performances. feck his pr machine. Bin him off with his useless twat mate sancho. fecking birds of a feather. And they can take that lazy wanker martial with them as well.
This post above should be pinned at the top of every single thread about Marcus Rashford.

Rashford deserves to be binned alongside that wannabe rapper of a friend of his. Martial can go too.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
My take is that Rashford is a bit of a fair weather player. When he is fully fit, when he is assured in what he is doing, when the team is playing well or even when things like his personal life is going well, he shows his best form. But unfortunately, when some of these things are a little off, he completely loses the plot which is what I think has happened again. This is not an issue of his talent, it always been there and he has it in abundance, it’s an issue of mentality, the desire and the love of the game.
I honestly think he will retire at 30. He doesnt strike me as someone who loves football.

hes no good to us like this, if we can’t get him to produce even semi consistently then we should move him on

The Purley King

feck him. feck his arrogant lazy petulant self absorbed ego and piss poor performances. feck his pr machine. Bin him off with his useless twat mate sancho. fecking birds of a feather. And they can take that lazy wanker martial with them as well.
Sums up my feelings pretty accurately!

Red00012

Just confidence issue. He is an elite footballer. He scored 30 goals last season irrelevant of the fact that it was a purple patch. He has been consistently world class since his debut in 2015. These threads are no good.
Elite :lol:

stoinz

I remember Rooney going through tough patches where he cant score but there was never a game where i thought he never put in the effort. Heck, Forlan couldnt hit the barn door but fans appreciate his effort. It is ok not to score but it is not ok to not even put in the effort. He needs to be sold! Somewhat kneejerk but right now I rather we stick Onana on the wings than him.

iKeano

Anything you need to know about Rashfraud can be established by watching his last 10mins at Wembley last season against City. A goal down and he's limping about and walking... WALKING back on side like it was an inconvenience.
Send him to Brighton like Wellbeck and watching him fade into obscurity where he belongs. His attitude stinks, always has done. ETH will fall on his Geldof sword. Can't stand his petulant, moody demeanour stinking up the squad. We owe him nothing and he begrudges us everything .

m1tch

Last season was such a shock, they way he'd played the year before that did have me thinking he couldn't play at this level. Unfortunately we're back to that level during the Ole/Rangnick season, which is awful beyond belief.

I don't think he's a stand out player in his position, and if Garnacho progresses he'd not even be first choice at a poor Manchester United.

Maybe PSG will replace Mbappe with him, but if he thinks he gets stick from fans here for his awful form and levels of effort, he'll suffer the same or far worse at other big clubs in Europe.

Always feels like there's something up with him, like he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders, because he really doesn't seem to enjoy playing football that much.

Fergies Gum

If he doesn't get benched for the name game, Ten Hag is an absolute coward.

astracrazy

I’ve long been one of his biggest defenders, I still think if you replay his career under a proper coach/discipline he reaches heights we’ll never see from the lad. Give him Pep & put him at City for Sterlings period, he’s a much better player imo.
Not with his attitude

siw2007

I honestly think he will retire at 30. He doesnt strike me as someone who loves football.

hes no good to us like this, if we can’t get him to produce even semi consistently then we should move him on
Need to hone in on why he doesn’t enjoy football. There could be a multitude of different reasons.

I think he hates the spotlight and scrutiny that comes with playing for this poor United team. The snap at Goldbridge hinted at his state of mind and his current frustration.

Jericholyte2

I don't think any reasonable fan is blaming ETH for Rashford being shit, as he's been shit for most of his United career bar a couple of "purple patches".

But ETH can be blamed if he continually picks him to start.
The only issue is, who would we put in instead of him? We don’t exactly have a dearth of talent just waiting for the chance to shine.

ayushreddevil9

Consistently…
World class…

:lol::lol::lol: Surely this is a wind-up?

Rashford and consistent should not be used in the same sentence.
Sorry missed a few words.

Consistently world class at being shit.

FattyFooty

World Class?

No.

Kane is World Class. Haaland is World Class.

Rashford is an attacker that never has reached 20 League goals. He is plain average PL League level striker.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Remember when I said he had an ego which needed bursting...

Status
Not open for further replies.