The Incredible Sulk – also known as Marcus Rashford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

You kid yourself if you think one player walking around the pitch while others are expected to carry the can doesn’t affect the team’s work ethic.
You kid yourself if you think the likes of Bruno think, ah well Martial and Rashford are walking about, so I'll do the same.
Martial was the player who was called out by the Manager during the game.
Some of our players are crumbling under the immense pressure of playing for United, they need to be moved on. Erik if given time will sort this out. It remains to see if Rashford is someone he's looking to move on or has issues with. You seem to think you know for a fact, so good for you, but you offer no proof.

Problem is people don't know how to rate player or performance. They think their latest performance/ form is their overall career performance.

When he is good i defend him, when he is shit, I'll call as it is.

He is pathetic this season, should have been dropped long back.
Yep. Huge Rashford fan. Loved him last season. Loved him in 19/20.

He’s been a disgrace this season. He should be docked wages.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
You kid yourself if you think the likes of Bruno think, ah well Martial and Rashford are walking about, so I'll do the same.
Martial was the player who was called out by the Manager during the game.
Some of our players are crumbling under the immense pressure of playing for United, they need to be moved on. Erik if given time will sort this out. It remains to see if Rashford is someone he's looking to move on or has issues with. You seem to think you know for a fact, so good for you, but you offer no proof.
There's nothing to suggest that he will.

tomaldinho1

Said a few times but he’s physically declined. Too much football, playing through injuries, his electric pace isn’t there anymore. Defenders don’t have the fear of him, he’s easy to rattle, easy to go past for a full back and I don’t really see where he goes from here.

El-Manos

I was at the game yesterday and he was the worst player on the pitch. Closely followed by McTom. Rightfully subbed has no reason to complain. Shocking performance. Maguire & Bruno only 2 who were decent.

Alemar

ETH sure has that in him and I think it's only a matter of time before Rashford is given the boot with his current attitude and lack of intensity but he's not the only one.
ETH is running out of time - he may get a sack any day now.

ayushreddevil9

His history as a Manager would. He's been pretty ruthless at United and Ajax. Not really his fault if those above him struggle to move players on.
The 2 players he wanted to move on are key players in his lineups. Maguire I can understand because he is doing fine but again I don't see us getting anywhere with him(discussion for some other time) but what about McTominay? His own signings aren't in the lineup. If these players were not in his plans then how could they suddenly become key players? It means all his plans have gone down the gutter and he is just playing for survival.

Rashford has been dogshit for god knows how long but is never dropped. Ruthlessness what?

He has lost my trust.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Rashford somehow made Martial look like Fred energy wise yesterday. The more I think about it the madder I get. I just can’t believe the contempt he’s shown everyone there and all season let’s be honest. His team mates, the fans who can only dream of having a lifestyle like his who plan their whole lives around following the team everywhere and he can’t even be arsed to pretend to be interested. Even when he told Maguire to fk off when he asked him why he wasn’t tracking back against Palace a few years ago. What a brat! Telling the fan to fk off when he rightly called him out? The cringey stuff with Lingard? That’s just the stuff we see and hear about. It’s just so pathetic. I don’t know what the manager is playing at pandering to him. It’s the hill he’s going to die on. Im convinced given the disparity of resources of most clubs we play against we can get any above average player and tell him he doesn’t have to work and just concentrate on attacking and he’d have a similar output. Even the pointing at his head last year? He’s just really unlikable

SAFMUTD

Most infuriating thing is his lack of effort, he's playing shit and his body language is awful and it's like he thinks he's just too good to actually do any defensive work.

I can't stand players like that, everyone can have a bad game but giving 100% on every single match should be the bare minimum we ask from ManUtd players.

IrishMcD

He has zero belief in Ten Hag and a choice between the pair for me is Rashford.

It's wrong he is is not performing for Ten Hag but he is the better bet for us.
It’s not one or the other. Rashford has to go. Performing like that because you don’t like the manager is disgraceful. He shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the club next year

RuudTom83

His main attribute is running in behind, everyone knows this and it's very easily stopped.

What you are then left with is a player who isn't willing to put in any effort for the team.

Its a recipe for disaster.

ayushreddevil9

It’s not one or the other. Rashford has to go. Performing like that because you don’t like the manager is disgraceful. He shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the club next year
This has become more like the time when we used to have 'Pogba or Jose' discussions.

'Neither' remains the answer for me.

IrishMcD

He's never been world class, nevermind consistently.
couldn’t agree more. That’s been the problem for years, people building up our players as if they are something special and then wondering why every single manager fails and the same players keep “under performing”.

Irwin99

I remember Rooney going through tough patches where he cant score but there was never a game where i thought he never put in the effort. Heck, Forlan couldnt hit the barn door but fans appreciate his effort. It is ok not to score but it is not ok to not even put in the effort. He needs to be sold! Somewhat kneejerk but right now I rather we stick Onana on the wings than him.
Agree with that. Rooney could have periods of bad form but never whole seasons until the end of his career and he always put in effort. Giggs too had some very patchy months here and there (02-03 and 07-08) but never for this long.

United Hobbit

It absolutely boiled my blood to see him WALK back after losing the ball yesterday. Should have been hauled off immediately for that alone

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
His main attribute is running in behind, everyone knows this and it's very easily stopped.

What you are then left with is a player who isn't willing to put in any effort for the team.

Its a recipe for disaster.
The goal he scored away against PSG last time around, outside the box if I recall correctly, was something unlike what we'd seen from him. Likewise a couple of goals last season where he powered through some bodies in the box and scored. But he's obviously regressed and playing within himself. And I don't mind his lack of confidence and whatever off-field issues that may mitigate his lack of form. But his lack of workrate is inexcusable and he is never worth 300K a week and that's a problem at a club trying to raise its standards.

Also, his goal celebration, if I can actually remember it it's been so long, is ironic.

Oscar Bonavena

The only issue is, who would we put in instead of him? We don’t exactly have a dearth of talent just waiting for the chance to shine.
Garnacho starts ahead of him on the left and Antony/Pellistri start ahead of him on the right.

Is Garnacho the finished article? No. But he's giving the team a lot more than Marcus is at the moment.

Long term, are Antony/Pellistri good enough to be United players? Remains to be seen, and Antony has been pretty much an expensive flop so far, but their workrate alone if nothing else puts them ahead of Rashford on current form.

clarkydaz

Most infuriating thing is his lack of effort, he's playing shit and his body language is awful and it's like he thinks he's just too good to actually do any defensive work.

I can't stand players like that, everyone can have a bad game but giving 100% on every single match should be the bare minimum we ask from ManUtd players.
its an open door for opponents to work his side, as they know he wont track back. Whoever the fullback is in for a torrid time

Cantonagotmehere

Not sure who looks out for him off the pitch these days, but something is obviously wrong with him. I am a big fan of his, but he needs a break or shock to the system, anything to get him just to work harder out there. The shite that happens with this club is crazy.

SAFMUTD

its an open door for opponents to work his side, as they know he wont track back. Whoever the fullback is in for a torrid time
Exactly Livramento looked like peak Dani Alves yesterday doubling Wan Bissaka as Rashford simply won't track him. It happened time and time again, it's not like he was distracted and didn't noticed Livramento, he simply wasn't fussed to do any defensive job.

We wonder why we're falling miles behind the likes of Newcastle:

Rashford - 17 PL goals last season. New contract, Undroppable superstar status, £300k+ a week.

Harvey Barnes - 13 PL goals last season (less minutes) in a relegated side. Newcastle back up.
Barnes was starting before he got injured. Not a back up.

Von Mistelroum

It's refreshing to see even the British media starting to notice that he's a disgrace to the shirt. I don't ever want to see him play for us again. I'm certain he'll start the very next game, but I would much prefer that we sell him or drop him entirely from the squad Sancho style.

Absolutely disgraceful from him yesterday, exacerbated by how stark the contrast is between his attitude and the Newcastle lads

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He's always been shite on the right, not sure what we or ETH expected?

Status
Not open for further replies.