The Karel Poborsky Award (Not Davor Suker)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Spinazzola has really impressed me. I don't follow Serie A , so he might already be well known, but he looks like an amazing modern left back.
He can't play 3 games without getting injured

Matriac

If Finland manages to miraculously get to the playoffs (likely needs draw against Belgium) then maybe Pohjanpalo will get some suitors.

I know it's petty but the inclusion of Suker in the title really irks me!

He was a brilliant striker over a long period of time for Sevilla and Real Madrid- with nearly a 1 in 2 record. And scored 45 goals in 69 games for Croatia!

Doesn't deserve to be lumped in with Poborsky as a one tournement wonder.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Poborsky wasn't really a one-tournament wonder either. He only failed at United and was a very good winger. I thought he could have stayed another year or two at Lazio as he was playing some very good football there and still had enough left to have a great Euro 2004 where he had 4 assists.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Spinazzola has really impressed me. I don't follow Serie A , so he might already be well known, but he looks like an amazing modern left back.
I thought he was the most dangerous player on the pitch when we played them in Rome, caused havoc down the left, but went off injured, as a few others of theirs did.

FujiVice

Remember when he was sent off for a second booking at Old Trafford in 2004 and the fans gave him a standing ovation as he left the pitch? He looked genuinely moved by it.

Always put in a shift. Wrong time for him, really. Few could have broke into our midfield in the 90s. It would go on to win the Champions league 2 years later.

In fact, looking at how good he was in 2003/04, you could argue he'd have been a handy squad player instead of the likes of Djemba-Djemba and Kleberson.

TheGame

Poborsky wasn't really a one-tournament wonder either. He only failed at United and was a very good winger. I thought he could have stayed another year or two at Lazio as he was playing some very good football there and still had enough left to have a great Euro 2004 where he had 4 assists.
It was more tongue in cheek being signed from the tournament.

Lee565

Hopefully daniel james so that we can offer him to leeds in exchange of Phillips.

I don't know if bale would be classed in this category but if puts in more performances like yesterday during the tournament then I can imagine a few big clubs will be tempted to give him a chance before realising it to be a financial mistake, same with Ramsey as I'm sure juve wouldn't mind selling for the right fee considering they got him for nothing

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Hopefully daniel james so that we can offer him to leeds in exchange of Phillips.

I don't know if bale would be classed in this category but if puts in more performances like yesterday during the tournament then I can imagine a few big clubs will be tempted to give him a chance before realising it to be a financial mistake, same with Ramsey as I'm sure juve wouldn't mind selling for the right fee considering they got him for nothing
I don't think Bale can be classed in the category of 'previously unknown player who bursts onto the global scene via an international tournament'... But Real will be pleased that he's playing well enough for potential suitors to take note.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Spinazzola. And this is unfair to Suker who was excellent striker. And he signed for Madrid 1996 so...

But he is a prick as a person so who cares :wenger:

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
as a FC Inter Milano fan, still cursing about Portugal's Joao Mario performances in Euro2016.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Don’t know how well he’s known but that damsgaard youngster for Denmark looked tricky

Ralaks

Mæhle has been the stand out for us I feel, probably too suspect defensively to play in a back four, but a back 5 with freedom to attack he could be amazing.

The coolness for the 3-0 goal was very impressive

sidsutton

Harry Wilson, great skills and perfectly suited to a continental league, now playing the false 9 position for Wales and if he turns it on against Switzerland et al then I can see a big move coming his way.
Definitely made an impression. :p

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Two names that I didn’t know before the tournament but now will remember are Schick and Damsgaard