Television The Larry Sanders Show

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

Hey now! Anybody remember this show?

The BBC used to air this and Seinfeld back-to-back at 11pm on a weekday in the mid to late 90s and it was the highlight of my week.

Apparently it's been a ballache to put every episode into a box set due to the music rights of the guest bands or some shit, but there are loads of full eps on YouTube.

Renfurm

Supports
N.E.C.
Remember watching this back in the day. Enjoyed it a lot. This was the first comedy show I can remember without a laugh track or live studio audience, very refreshing. Should check it out again to see if I still like it

Zen

Apparently it's been a ballache to put every episode into a box set due to the music rights of the guest bands or some shit, but there are loads of full eps on YouTube.
Have you even looked? It came out like 10 years ago.... the quality was shocking prior to them too. The glory days of VHSrips for older shows not yet released on DVD :lol:

Other than that, great show. I should do a full rewatch again.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Have you even looked? It came out like 10 years ago.... the quality was shocking prior to them too. The glory days of VHSrips for older shows not yet released on DVD :lol:

Other than that, great show. I should do a full rewatch again.
I actually haven't looked for probably a decade or more so it's good to hear they straightened everything out... :lol:

Thanks for the heads-up :D

decorativeed

I actually haven't looked for probably a decade or more so it's good to hear they straightened everything out... :lol:

Thanks for the heads-up :D
I got a set second hand because it went out of print again. Meant I could finally bin all my VHS tapes recorded off BBC 2 on the nights they didn't decide to move it because of the snooker or some other shit being on instead.

It’s a fantastic show, with such great characters. Hank and Artie are so well written and performed. Rip Torn was incredible in it.

Apparently it is/was on HBO max, but I don't know whether it looks any better than on DVD, which is not great unfortunately.